I took a picture with my storm. Something happened when it saved it. It put a lock on it and I can't email it. When clicking on the picture, the email icon does not appear. Under properties, it says "forward locked". Anyone know how to "unlock" the picture.
    11-19-09 03:21 PM
    Plug the phone into your computer, copy the picture to your desktop and see if you can open it. If you can, delete the pic from the phone and copy the pic you transferred from your desktop back to your phone. See if that helps.
    11-19-09 04:38 PM
    Thanks for the idea. I tried that and the desktop manager sees the file but won't let me do anything with it there either.
    11-20-09 05:35 PM
    Thanks for the idea. I tried that and the desktop manager sees the file but won't let me do anything with it there either.
    Don't use DM. Open the file structure through my computer and copy it that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 06:52 PM
    Don't use DM. Open the file structure through my computer and copy it that way.

You do need to have Mass Storage Mode enabled for that to work. Options > Memory > Mass Storage Mode Support set to On or Prompt. If Prompt, then it needs to be unlocked or you will need to enter your pasword when ya plug in.

11-20-09 08:08 PM
    Your ideas worked. The one thing I had to do was rename the file. I deleted the suffix .rem. That left the .jpg extension in place and I could finally view the photo with the computer. MUCH APPRECIATED!!
    11-28-09 11:37 AM
    I found that using the Blackberry Desktop manager, then going to Media, then choosing the Media manager launches Roxio for Blackberry (which was also installed when my BB desktop manager was installed). This instance of Roxio has a little transparent BB symbol on the lower right hand side of the screen. It runs very slowly on my 3 year old computer, but does move. I have to enter my BB password, and the encryption pw, which you set when you turned on the BB or the BB Desktop manager. Mine are the same PW.
    I can select multiple files on my BB and move them to my computer drive. The files, as they appear in Roxio, do not have the REM extension. Presumably, Roxio only gets the unencrypted version from the BB. I guess the actual unencryption is done by the BB device itself, not by my computer. The transfer takes a while. I transfered about 200 files in about 15 minutes. Encryption was "Strong", not stronger or strongest. My guess is that stronger or strongest would take more time to unencrypt.

Good luck.

My BB is a Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.405, platform 5.1.0.112
    My BB Desktop manager is 5.0.1
    The Roxio is Roxio for Blackberry Build 904B67E ENU
    07-17-10 12:02 PM
    Your ideas worked. The one thing I had to do was rename the file. I deleted the suffix .rem. That left the .jpg extension in place and I could finally view the photo with the computer. MUCH APPRECIATED!!
    If you have a .rem extension that mean you have encryption enabled. Get rid of that if you can, I had nothing but problems with calendar, email and everything else with encryption. Had to ge my BES admin to send me a new policy to get it off the phone
    07-17-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD