Is it possible to lock the screen while on the phone? Whenever I try to rest the phone on my shoulder, i end up pushing either the mute or speaker function. Any thoughts?
    12-15-08 01:44 PM
    nope not yet
    12-15-08 01:45 PM
    saw this somewhere on this forum-works great for me! Here goes.......after dialing the number you want, etc., hit the escape key (arrow) and you will get a prompt that says 'continue call and exit to home screen' , you just press OK and at least you won't be muting everyone.
    When ready to end call, just hit the red 'exit' button and if you need to get back to the phone app.. just hit the green key.
    12-15-08 02:30 PM
    saw this somewhere on this forum-works great for me! Here goes.......after dialing the number you want, etc., hit the escape key (arrow) and you will get a prompt that says 'continue call and exit to home screen' , you just press OK and at least you won't be muting everyone.
    When ready to end call, just hit the red 'exit' button and if you need to get back to the phone app.. just hit the green key.
    not a bad solution for the time being. Surprised i didnt think of that myself. Thanks!
    12-15-08 02:50 PM
    That is a cool idea, but almost every touch phone I see it will lock when you are on a call, I know the omnia did and also the treo did as well, I'm hoping RIM will come out with a patch or something that it will lock when you are on a acall
    12-15-08 03:04 PM
    That is a cool idea, but almost every touch phone I see it will lock when you are on a call, I know the omnia did and also the treo did as well, I'm hoping RIM will come out with a patch or something that it will lock when you are on a acall
    I had a Treo 700W way back when and by default the "Lock screen when on call" was not turned on. Once turned on it was great EXCPET, I could not get into my address book to look up a number if the person I was on the phone with asked me for one. Pro's and Con's to everything. I guess the one quick solution for RIM to do is allow the screen to be locked and unlocked using the lock button at the top of the unit.
    12-15-08 03:24 PM
    Just bring up the dial pad. Make your call and then hit the number pad (lower left icon). If you need the other options again during the call, hit Menu/Hide Keyboard.
    12-15-08 03:29 PM
    After dialing, I just click on the icon of the little house in the center bottom of the screen. It returns me to my home screen and no more problems. I hang up using the red, end key and all is well. Not as good as a proximity sensor (which I don't think can be added with an OS upgrade), but works none the less.
    12-15-08 03:32 PM
    Atleast incoming phone calls locks the screen out or atleast doesnt bring up any options that get pushed accidently lol.
    12-15-08 03:37 PM
    Perhaps with an OS upgrade, RIM can make use of the screen-dim sensor as a make-shift proximity sensor during calls. *shrug*
    12-15-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD