One feature id love to see improved is the lock button! I hate to bring up the comparison ... but the jesus phone has really nailed this simple functionality. Hit the button and it instantly locks/unlocks.

With my current setup of .83 i get some pretty significant lag sometimes for the screen to render the lock/unlock. I think it might actually be locking instantly, but the screen does not catchup right away. Seems like the display hangs and doesn't quite dim the icons immediately.

small glitch, i know. Just wondering if this is something that can be fixed with a software update? or will it require a hardware update?
    12-23-08 04:09 PM
    I have the same issue and I am on .75. I only noticed this happening in the last couple of weeks however, about the time .75 came out.
    12-23-08 04:11 PM
    oh and so i dont make another useless thread with my ranting, let me post it in here ....

when you lay the phone on a desk it goes into landscape .... WHY??

And i think when the phone rings, and its laying on the desk, it should switch to portrait mode and stay there until the call is over. The phone calls should not be displayed in landscape at all IMO

Every damn time my phone rings and its sitting on my desk, i pick it up as i get my thumb over the "answer" button, and just as i press it the phone swaps to portrait mode because i picked it up .... 3 times now i have meant to hit ignore, and when it swapped i ended up hitting answer

ok /rant

sorry for that
    12-23-08 04:12 PM
    oh and so i dont make another useless thread with my ranting, let me post it in here ....

when you lay the phone on a desk it goes into landscape .... WHY??

And i think when the phone rings, and its laying on the desk, it should switch to portrait mode and stay there until the call is over. The phone calls should not be displayed in landscape at all IMO

Every damn time my phone rings and its sitting on my desk, i pick it up as i get my thumb over the "answer" button, and just as i press it the phone swaps to portrait mode because i picked it up .... 3 times now i have meant to hit ignore, and when it swapped i ended up hitting answer

ok /rant

sorry for that

I hope someone answers this because it is frustrating.
    12-23-08 04:18 PM
    Im glad someone said it because im in the same boat...
    12-23-08 04:28 PM
    I'm pretty sure we're all in the same boat with this one, but to me- the extra two second wait isn't as frustrating as it may be for others I guess.
    12-23-08 04:29 PM
    I hope someone answers this because it is frustrating.
    have you also accepted unwanted calls when meaning to ignore them?
    12-23-08 04:34 PM
    The lag is software related it will be fixed trust me

As for the phone going into landscpae this is what I do.

1. Place the phone down on the desk
    2. Lift the phone up a little towards you until the screen rotates
    3. Set it back down on the desk

Using that method it will stay in any position you want it to.
    12-23-08 04:40 PM
    Everyone has to be in the same boat on this one...

They should have of made it (at very least with a setable option) so that when on home screen it would never switch until you selected an application or hit BB key to show all icons... then allow it to switch if you turned phone!

So many folks who hate it would not be complaining if it were like that.
    12-23-08 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD