Why in RIM's infinite wisdom did they think a nice slow fade is needed when locking the Storm? I'm beginning to wonder what my total "lock time" will be over the life of the phone. Probably hours!

For the love of Pete (or someone) is there ANY way to make this phone INSTANTLY lock and unlock, with no delay?

(I realize the phone is actually locked within a second of pressing the button, even though the screen hasn't updated. However, I'll always be paranoid that it didn't actually lock, and I'll watch to make sure, before it's pocketed.)
    06-03-09 04:32 PM
    as you stated it is locked right away, the issue about the fade out delay has been discussed many times and no one really knows why.
    06-03-09 04:56 PM
    It is a RIM thing. All 3 of my berry's do it like that.
    06-03-09 04:59 PM
    Sounds like another 3rd party utility income opportunity...
    06-03-09 05:01 PM
    Sounds like another 3rd party utility income opportunity...
    Even the 3rd party lock apps take their time. If you turn the memory cleaner off it is much faster, but I would rather recover memory since I use a sleep holster anyhow.
    06-03-09 05:07 PM
    like gstang said, disable memory cleaner

other than that, regular battery pulls, keeping amount of apps installed to a minimum, other stuff like that are general good habits that will improve your overall phone use.
    06-03-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD