Gah so today I had a 7:30 AM English class. As an engineering student, my English isn't exactly my strong point as it is (I have straight As in every class but the required English). Anyhow, I use my old LG EnV as my alarm clock and today it just failed to go off... Completely... This left me up **** creek without a paddle. I woke up and realized English was half over and I ran from my dorm to the class and whaddya' know, I missed a quiz (which I studied decently well for, actually reading instead of using Sparknotes). Of course I can't make it up either .

Anyway, I can NOT wait much longer for the Storm. Everybody (including myself) has been so excited for all the features of the Storm but, after today, I realized it's best asset may be the fact that it is made by a quality company such as Blackberry and not some piece of garbage company like LG. I've never really had a truly reliable phone, and the Storm may finally give me one. Anybody else feel the same way?
    10-28-08 08:30 AM
    A lot of people don't realize that LG isn't some new company. They used to be "GoldStar"...which made those crappy, $79.00 televisons sold at Wal-Mart.

Now they pretend to be an upscale electronics manufacturer.
    10-28-08 08:39 AM
    I'd venture to guess that you turned the alarm off in some subconscious sleep state...or failed to set it.

I often thought that I had failed to set alarms in college...

My advice is get a real alarm clock...10 dollars from walmart...and put it on the other side of the room.
    10-28-08 08:41 AM
    That is a bummer. What a start to a bad day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 08:44 AM
    Gah so today I had a 7:30 AM English class. As an engineering student, my English isn't exactly my strong point as it is (I have straight As in every class but the required English). Anyhow, I use my old LG EnV as my alarm clock and today it just failed to go off... Completely... This left me up **** creek without a paddle. I woke up and realized English was half over and I ran from my dorm to the class and whaddya' know, I missed a quiz (which I studied decently well for, actually reading instead of using Sparknotes). Of course I can't make it up either .

Anyway, I can NOT wait much longer for the Storm. Everybody (including myself) has been so excited for all the features of the Storm but, after today, I realized it's best asset may be the fact that it is made by a quality company such as Blackberry and not some piece of garbage company like LG. I've never really had a truly reliable phone, and the Storm may finally give me one. Anybody else feel the same way?
    I feel the exact same way. The scary thing is, I'm also an engineering major and english is by far my strong point. My situation was a little different. And its creepy as **** because I have an LG enV also. One day my alarm didn't wake me up, I had to rush to school forgot a book report paper basically on my desk. Go into school, and she won't let me come back and turn it in. Oh I was pissed.
    10-28-08 08:44 AM
    Oh I definitely set it, the alarm was going off just no sound was on when I looked at my phone. Apparently the speaker is broken, because the speakerphone doesn't work either. Volume was set on maximum, too. I've had it for a little more then two years and its taken some SERIOUS abuse. I held out on getting a new phone because I'm saving my new every two discount for the Storm. But anyways, I ran to my university's book store and picked up a real alarm clock... It even plays relaxing noises for those stressed out days . But yeah, I've learned to not trust LG so much, especially beyond two years. My sister has the LG Dare and complains that it doesn't work a lot. Meh, Blackberry is definitely the way to go.
    10-28-08 08:48 AM
    I hate the Dare, and yea I'm on my 4th enV just over a year.
    10-28-08 08:50 AM
    Cjro9, I just read you are from NJ in another post. I, too, am from NJ. Are we the same person?
    10-28-08 08:52 AM
    Cjro9, I just read you are from NJ in another post. I, too, am from NJ. Are we the same person?
    Lmao. What part of NJ are you from? I live in Burlington County.
    10-28-08 08:54 AM
    I live about two county's north in Middlesex County. I actually live in PA now as I go to Lehigh University, but technically my address is still in NJ.
    10-28-08 08:59 AM
    I live about two county's north in Middlesex County. I actually live in PA now as I go to Lehigh University, but technically my address is still in NJ.
    I know where Middlesex is haha! What year of college are you in, and how do you like EGR so far? I'm only a freshmen, but I'm having fun now, it sucked when I first started.
    10-28-08 09:00 AM
    What year of college are you in, and how do you like EGR so far? I'm only a freshmen, but I'm having fun now, it sucked when I first started.
    Get a room you two!
    10-28-08 09:12 AM
    I'm a freshie too. I'm doing Mechanical Engineering (specializing in Aerospace). I love it man, I'm doing extremely well in my math, science, and engineering classes. Just the English is a GPA killer. I already designed an airfoil as a project and now am working on a machine that can test the moisture content in soil. What school are you at?
    10-28-08 09:16 AM
    I'm a freshie too. I'm doing Mechanical Engineering (specializing in Aerospace). I love it man, I'm doing extremely well in my math, science, and engineering classes. Just the English is a GPA killer. I already designed an airfoil as a project and now am working on a machine that can test the moisture content in soil. What school are you at?
    I only go to a local community but plan to transfer to Rowan after next semester, and I'm gonna be specializing in Chemical Engineering.
    10-28-08 09:17 AM
    Oh man have fun with that ChemE... It's one of the hardest curriculums out there.
    10-28-08 09:25 AM
    LG is a very well-respected company that manufactures great quality devices. That being said, there's always a bad apple in the bunch. You can't expect every single product that comes off the assembly line to be pefect. There are even - gasp! - defective RIM products out there. So its really unfair to blame the entire company for one broken phone.

Here's a tidbit for you - the alarm on my curve recently stopped working; I feel your pain.

10-28-08 09:29 AM
    It's stories like this that make me set a back up alarm every day.

I had my phone completely shut off one night(it's been doing that a lot lately), so I was almost screwed for work. Hence the back up one now.

I'm just trying to convince the hubby I need the Storm...He apparently doesn't think so
    10-28-08 10:12 AM
    i travel for work...i can't t tell you how many times i have woken up feeling extremely refreshed and fully rested....because my Treo crashed in the middle of the night...my alarm did not go off and i got to sleep a couple extra hours!!!!

i get nervous now when i wake up feeling refreshed!!! ha ha ha
    10-28-08 10:17 AM
    w00t for Middlesex County.

I Live there too!

Good to See Others Representin'

::Flashes a Gang Sign Awkwardly like a White Kid::

ANYWHO-

I have three alarms.

My iPhone goes off about 12 different times- Starting at 5 AM until about 8AM

My Blackberry- goes off once or twice.

AND my TV- Goes on at 8.

I have that Nasty habit of Turning my alarm off when it goes off in the morning without realizing it- while half asleep.

Pisses Me the Heck off.

I find that if it rings super early it jars me out of sleep so that by the Time I actually NEED to be awake, I can be.

Also, I find uneven intervals to work better.

Not Just every 15 minutes- try one set for 6, then the next a 6:17, then the next at 6:32.

Don't know why that helps me, but it does...

I Think it helps Jarr/Shock My Biological Clock out of Sleep Mode.

Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-28-08 at 10:52 AM.
    10-28-08 10:45 AM
    LG is a very well-respected company that manufactures great quality devices. That being said, there's always a bad apple in the bunch. You can't expect every single product that comes off the assembly line to be pefect. There are even - gasp! - defective RIM products out there. So its really unfair to blame the entire company for one broken phone.

Here's a tidbit for you - the alarm on my curve recently stopped working; I feel your pain.

I Just don't like a company that makes everything...

"Jack of all Trades, Master of None." Comes to mind.

Like Daewoo, they make Cars AND VCR's.

Scary Stuff.

LG Makes TV's Phones, and Refrigerators.

They Don't have a Specialty...

But I agree- Any Company, no Matter how "good", or High Quality their Products are, there will still be bad apples...
    10-28-08 10:55 AM
    Will a forum moderator please move this discussion into the off topic forum? This discussion does not belong in the Storm forum!
    10-28-08 11:19 AM
    Will a forum moderator please move this discussion into the off topic forum? This discussion does not belong in the Storm forum!
    haha, very true.
    10-28-08 11:29 AM
    Until I got my curve I've owned several LG's and I haven't had a single problem w/ any of them. Either I'm very lucky, or every one else is really unlucky. If it were merely the brand, wouldn't EVERYONE be having the same problems? I suspect 90% of device problems are user caused by people who blame the brand because they're too ashamed to admit they don't know how to use/take care of their devices responsibly.

10-28-08 11:32 AM
    I Just don't like a company that makes everything...

"Jack of all Trades, Master of None." Comes to mind.

Like Daewoo, they make Cars AND VCR's.

Scary Stuff.

LG Makes TV's Phones, and Refrigerators.

They Don't have a Specialty...

But I agree- Any Company, no Matter how "good", or High Quality their Products are, there will still be bad apples...
    They make a lot more than that
    10-28-08 11:44 AM
    I feel the exact same way. The scary thing is, I'm also an engineering major and english is by far my strong point. My situation was a little different. And its creepy as **** because I have an LG enV also. One day my alarm didn't wake me up, I had to rush to school forgot a book report paper basically on my desk. Go into school, and she won't let me come back and turn it in. Oh I was pissed.
    A little bit of advice from a fellow engineer, have multiple alarms...at one point i had my phone plus two alarm clocks, and then would have a friend give me a wake up call. Overkill? not when your degree depends on it...
    10-28-08 11:44 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD