Im having problems accessing carriers costumer service. I bought my Storm2 Unlocked (its a Verizon phone). Every time i try to call my MOVISTAR costumer service(which number is *611 in Nicaragua), it automatically redirects me to "Verizon Wireless Global Roaming Hotline". Is this common? How can i fix this as soon as possible.
    02-13-10 01:50 AM
    it would seem the phone is still registered with the VZW network
    02-13-10 01:56 AM
    i bought it on ebay brand new..!
    02-13-10 02:03 AM
    Some one who can help me..?
    02-13-10 12:08 PM
    Are you sure its unlocked.

Also try going and seeing a CSA at your network provider to see if that can help

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 12:20 PM
    Yes, its unlocked 100%, thats the only problem i have, i dial *611 that is my carriers customer service number and it redirects the call to Verizon Wireless Global Roaming Hotline..
    02-13-10 12:30 PM
    manticon, where you able to solve this ? Same thing happens to me (in the same country and carrier by the way)
    07-14-10 12:11 AM
    You should find the actual number and call them from another phone BC you won't be able to talk on the storm and activate it at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 12:17 AM
    You should find the actual number and call them from another phone BC you won't be able to talk on the storm and activate it at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 12:18 AM
    wahahah why do you all doubt the phone is not unlock?

Definitely unlocked, else he/she won't be able to put in the sim and use on another telco?

Because its a CDMA verizon phone, there are still CDMA settings built into the phone so thats why it direct you to verizon.

I am also using the verizon phone but i am gsm user. So giving you an example. I press my voice mail number and it direct me to the original phone owner/seller voice mailbox!!! what happen? its because when i wipe the phone, the CDMA owner phone number is still stored in the phone default setting so when everything reloaded it took her/his number as the voice mail box number.

I suggest you to look for the actual customer service number you want to call and dial in directly instead of pressing short cut.

lastly, so long the phone works nicely, i won't want to meddle with the CDMA settings. why? i don't want to end up locking the phone myself!!!
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-14-10 at 02:16 AM.
    07-14-10 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD