Hey guys,

Just did a JL_Cmdr wipe and trying to reconfig my phone.

Problem is, DM is being a pain. It has old applications of Facebook 1.3 and 1.5 and everytime I try to uninstall 1.3 but keep 1.5 it deletes both.

This is getting really frusturating. Is there any easy way to start fresh on the DM App list? I don't know how to erase it from that point so I can start fresh with what I want installed on the phone... does this all make sense?

Thanks!
    06-01-09 09:22 PM
    I am not quite clear on how far you are in the process. Because you have an older version of your third party apps saved on the computer, it is updating with the older version of the app.

What I do is rename the old alx folder with the pin name, I usually just add an 1 to the end of it and then create a new third party app backup. If you have everything but Facebook on your phone you should be ok.

Rename the Pin folder, erase the Facebook apps, reinstall the Facebook 1.5 app and then do a new third party app backup. Be sure to delete or rename all versions of the Pin folder including the one found in AppData/Local/Temp

I hope this is what you are asking.
    06-01-09 10:52 PM
    Do you have more than one version of Facebook showing up in DM when you go to AppLoader? If so, try not checking the older version.

Alternatively, possibly you can go to the pin folder, use Windows Explorer, delete the line item for the older version of Facebook and then close and reopen DM. Look in AppLoader and see if two versions of Facebook are showing up.
    06-01-09 10:59 PM
    I do have more than one showing up. I am trying to delete the files it has in my computer under local because I already unchecked 1.3 and checked 1.5 (via DM device loader) and it deletes both. It also does this with other programs. I need to get rid of the list and start fresh.
    06-01-09 11:19 PM
    bingo! thanks so much DJM!
    06-01-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD