I download the Bank of Ameirca app on my storm and when i try to launch it gives me an error message about being out of memory. Any ideas on what i need to do to fix it?
    02-08-09 07:54 PM
    First I would go to options>memory just to see how much free memory there is. Then I would probably try a battery pull and try it again.
    02-08-09 07:59 PM
    It says Application Mem free space is only 6 mb.. Is that normal?
    02-08-09 08:07 PM
    It says Application Mem free space is only 6 mb.. Is that normal?
    I'd try the tried and true battery pull first.
    02-08-09 08:09 PM
    That's pretty low. Memory leaks have seem to be a problem on the storm.. It's no big deal. Do a battery pull and try it again. You mem free should go up. Some people do a battery pull or use the quick pull app every(day) other day. I do one once I think the phone is a little sluggish. Try it out.
    02-08-09 08:10 PM
    Nope should be atleast 25mb.. most people see more.. on .99 I usually sit around 20 - 25.. with minimal things running (weatherbug).. ymmv but see what apps you hve running.. take the reply advice, do a batt pull.. then check app memory.. make sure you don't have too much crap running

i'd still be careful.. an app that needs more then 6mb.. eep.
    02-08-09 08:11 PM
    Thanks guys. This thing is pretty confusing
    02-08-09 08:17 PM
    How do you stop an app from running with pulling the battery?
    02-08-09 08:19 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/

Read thru that thread. It's pretty helpful.

Apps will stay running in the background if you don't close them out. If you hold the BB button down few a few seconds there will be a pop up with all the apps you have running. If you aren't using an app close it down(to close out an app while you have it up and running hit the bb key once and click close or exit). The only apps that are running that you can't stop are the default browser, messages, phone, home screen and depending with OS you have the app center. Having too many apps running in the background will make your Storm slow and sluggish. And probably drain your memory to a low level like you had.
    02-08-09 08:23 PM
    when i try to access my college email page i jus see a white screen. also i did a search on google and try to search images, but not pictures come out. why is this? do i need to change settings??
    02-08-09 08:25 PM
    I download the Bank of Ameirca app on my storm and when i try to launch it gives me an error message about being out of memory. Any ideas on what i need to do to fix it?
    I wouldn't worry about the ArticInterface:Format: RE out of memory error. It showed up the first time I installed the app on 1/12. I did a quickpull and it worked fine once the device reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 02-08-09 at 08:44 PM.
    02-08-09 08:38 PM
    also i did a search on google and try to search images, but not pictures come out. why is this? do i need to change settings??
    Open your browser > press bb button > options > Browser config.

Make sure "show images" is checked.
    02-08-09 08:43 PM
    show images is set. doesnt fix the problem
    02-08-09 08:58 PM
    Try popping the battery out like I did. Mine got fixed by doing that
    02-08-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD