Hello. First of all I'm glad to be a part of your community. I have a unlocked 9530 on TMO. I have been experiencing a problem with my web browsing since I upgraded to .99. I have noticed that when I am having the connection errors I return to the home screen just to see in the top right corner "edge". Normaly it says "EDGE". I have already tried to change connection settings to 2G (3G is not avalible till 3rd Quarter). The only "fix" is to do a battery pull, but the success is short lived. I have also called T-Moblie to remove and add the SOCS on my plan. They also state that there are no issues in my area, which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with my berry. Any ideas on what I could do to fix this once and for all? :?
    02-20-09 11:04 AM
    use the search function. this has been brought up a few times in the last couple weeks.
    02-20-09 11:12 AM
    Hello. First of all I'm glad to be a part of your community. I have a unlocked 9530 on TMO. I have been experiencing a problem with my web browsing since I upgraded to .99. I have noticed that when I am having the connection errors I return to the home screen just to see in the top right corner "edge". Normaly it says "EDGE". I have already tried to change connection settings to 2G (3G is not avalible till 3rd Quarter). The only "fix" is to do a battery pull, but the success is short lived. I have also called T-Moblie to remove and add the SOCS on my plan. They also state that there are no issues in my area, which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with my berry. Any ideas on what I could do to fix this once and for all? :?
    First of all, there is a radio issue with .99. You need to either use the radio file from .90 and put that into the .99 upgrade, or use Sith's hybrid which is much better. I use the hybrid and rarely have a problem with EDGE. Just search Sith .100

Secondly, we will never have 3G on our phones with T-Mobile. Verizon and T-Mobile use different frequencies, so we get EDGE only. I can verify this because T-Mobile has 3g in my area and I don't get it. EDGE is plenty fast though, and in many cases as fast as 3G.

Good luck.
    02-20-09 11:27 AM
    I had this issue with .90. I upgraded to .103 and I have not had the issue since.
    02-20-09 12:17 PM
    Thank you guys, I will try to upgrade the software tonight. I'll keep you posted
    02-20-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD