Well I went back to 75 today. I really had no real issues with 99 or 103. I enjoyed the difference in speed and some of the cosmetic changes like the "simple" addition of a green go button when on the web. But what really did it was holding my brothers Storm (os 75) and seeing how brilliant his screen was. The icons and text were SO crisp. I guess I had forgotten how beautiful this phone was with an official release loaded.
    I really hope RIM has something in the works as far as on official OS release goes. 103 was pretty darn reliable, and I already miss how seamless the screen swiped.
    So now I'll just live vicariously through people on crackberry who have the latest leaked versions
    02-26-09 01:10 PM
    I just can't figure out why people favor the small difference, and yes it's not very large....over the HUGE performance increase. It's like you can buy a computer that runs super fast, great at doing pretty much everything but has a good monitor or you can buy a very average if not slow computer with a great monitor....How do you choose the great monitor?
    02-26-09 01:23 PM
    Form over function. I have to admit that I liked the screen much better in the older builds, but I'll take function every time.

Hopefully they (RIM) can get this sorted out.
    02-26-09 02:27 PM
    Come on man, that's like returning your Porsche 911 and getting a Prius because the Prius had a nicer paint job on it. Don't jump ship on us now, it's just starting to get fun.
    02-26-09 03:49 PM
    Come on man, that's like returning your Porsche 911 and getting a Prius because the Prius had a nicer paint job on it. Don't jump ship on us now, it's just starting to get fun.
    Dude, how'd you know? Actually it's not a 911, it's a Targa. Again, form over function. I could care less about the paint job!
    02-27-09 11:45 AM
    I just made the switch and I can't see myself going back! No way! Sssso long .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:49 AM
    Come on seriously guys??? Listen to yourself. You buy the coolest newest greatest most unbelievable BB ever and you act as if it's no big deal your resolution is shot with the upgrades. So am I asking too much to want it all? I think you're all selling yourself a little too short

And the 911 prius comparison? Would you be ok with your $80K 911 having kick a** performance with a sh** a** paint job?....I don't think so.

So your 109 BB has kick a** performance but the paint job sucks and life is just grand?
    02-27-09 12:43 PM
    I'm so unobservant I didn't even notice any difference in color. I did however noticed the performance improvement of .109 over .75.

Hey, nobody says you got to update to the betas. I don't blame you if you don't, just because everybody seems to here doesn't mean you have to. If you got the patience then wait for the authorized release.
    02-27-09 12:51 PM
    Has anyone considered the color depth may be by design? It may speed things up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:54 PM
    my color enhanced 10 tens more with 109! .75 had very dull looking colors, 109 blew it out the door and the colors are out of this world! very clean and sharp and BRIGHT!
    02-27-09 12:56 PM
    I'm so unobservant I didn't even notice any difference in color. I did however noticed the performance improvement of .109 over .75.

Hey, nobody says you got to update to the betas. I don't blame you if you don't, just because everybody seems to here doesn't mean you have to. If you got the patience then wait for the authorized release.
    Point well taken. I was simple responding to others posts. And I didn't notice much of a difference either until I held an official os phone right next to mine. I downloaded the free app called Storm Slide. It emulates iPhones screen lock with a photo of the earth. The earth photo on my brothers screen looked as if you were looking through a telescope while my was dark around the edges. Then I looked at his icons and thought whoa! Thats what my phone looked like?

And for the record. I love downloading the Betas and have installed everyone up to 103. I just got tired of the little glitches. Again, I'll live vicariously through crackberry nation
    02-27-09 12:58 PM
    my color enhanced 10 tens more with 109! .75 had very dull looking colors, 109 blew it out the door and the colors are out of this world! very clean and sharp and BRIGHT!
    Ok, well that's the only os I didn't download.
    02-27-09 12:59 PM
    Ok, well that's the only os I didn't download.
    they must have fixed something in the 109 becuase I never seen my phone with such bright vivid colors like i have now.
    02-27-09 01:01 PM
    they must have fixed something in the 109 becuase I never seen my phone with such bright vivid colors like i have now.
    could you post the exact link you downloaded 109 from. It sounds like there were some releases that had issues.
    02-27-09 01:04 PM
    In the UK, I wouldn't be too proud of this threads title ..... lol.
    02-27-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD