New concern started today;

.99 on 9530

When receiving email, screen gets caught in transition from home screen to mailbox
    In my experience this kind of thing happens a lot. When the phone is or should be redrawing the screen and an event occurs, it will "hang". Then it will need to get pushed out of it by just waiting and then having happen another event. Can be click screen, click button, tilt device, anything. Otherwise it stays that way. Almost as if it doesn't check/refresh screen (re)draws. Or it really is too busy handling the two events and starts to get "confused" at that time.
    02-06-09 03:18 PM
    Media player randomly plays voicemails while playing mp3s.

-I am paying for VZW Visual Voicemail
    02-06-09 04:37 PM
    here for 9500

4.7.0.90 for 9500

quite good at the start (very quickly and stable)...then after 4-5 day random reboots (multiple random every day)
    MP3 player crashed after 10-20 seconds
    camera only saved to media card with FLASH ACTIVATED (impossible to save without flash)
    Botton menu frequently open the slide CHANGE APPLICATIONS and not the options of the application we are using
    youtube made every time ERROR HTTP 400
    Google maps doesn't work or doesn't work good (it depends on....I didn't know)
    Occasionally got media card removed error and VSoD upon reboot.
    Attempting call to number in call log screen resulted in contacts being brought up instead.

4.7.0.100 for 9500 (this version is judged very stable but for many of us there are lots of this problems)

video player lose bottoms
    typing lag in general
    Loops
    Very Slower performance than .90.
    Battery doesn't charge or no longer endurance (1/2 day)
    Charging Issue "clock" appears more frequently
    lost ability to edit/save folders

PS for 9500 the better OS judge by many european forums is .87
    .90 is judged nervous (after a good start I come back to .78 multiple reboots every day)
    .100 stable (there are peoples with no problems at all) but sometimes give many troubles (peoples come back to .78)

Goog part of us come back to .78 and wait for the official realese
    Last edited by blackberryitalian; 02-06-09 at 05:47 PM.
    02-06-09 05:42 PM
    Mods, gonna have to ask for your help keeping all this straight lol. I dont have the time to keep updating the first post, see if this hybrid works, and write a How to
    02-06-09 06:44 PM
    For the record, the .100 problems you listed, dont happen when the .100 for the 9500 is installed on the 9530.
    02-06-09 06:45 PM
    Ok, so who wants to be a guinea pig for this? I need 2 9500 users and 2 9530 users. preferably that have experience with betas both problems and good builds. Also I ask that you have had your storm for at least 60 days.
    02-06-09 07:19 PM
    Ok, so who wants to be a guinea pig for this? I need 2 9500 users and 2 9530 users. preferably that have experience with betas both problems and good builds. Also I ask that you have had your storm for at least 60 days.
    I would be up for it.....
    02-06-09 07:25 PM
    9530 x1, how long have you had it bbcrackman
    02-06-09 07:42 PM
    9530 x1, how long have you had it bbcrackman
    Since Dec 15, not quite 60 but close
    02-06-09 07:45 PM
    Hmm, well unless others step forward I will use you. I do need a place to put said files for testing. Keep in mind this very well may nuke your device.
    02-06-09 07:51 PM
    memory leak is a bit higher
    Seems about the same. Lowest so far 23mb

video playback is a bit choppy
    No problems at all. Deleted Babylon AD long ago

typing lag in general, but Severe lag while typing in browser
    Typing seems better overall

numerous users report mp3 player cuts off beginning of songs
    Have experienced this probably about 10%

Lag in lock to lock screen / have to tap screen to engage
    Funny, but lock is working as expected with .99 was doing this in .75 for me

record a video +save= instant reboot
    Never happened. video perfect so far

Slower performance than .90.
    Never had .90

Reduced color depth
    Exactly the same as before except for grey top of icons

BBM lock up
    Not so far....

Unlocking from landscape usually freezes device
    Hasn't happened

Taking phone out of holster usually results in a freeze.
    No

Locking phone with BBM open, and receiving a message sometimes locks phone up.
    No

MMS Issue
    Never a problem with mms .75 or .99

Charging Issue
    ??? not familiar to me

"clock" appears more frequently; slight overall lag compared to .90
    Again, I came from .75. Noticed the clock in the beginning. Seems to show up less and for shorter periods now. Maybe I am used to it?

lost ability to edit/save folders
    Nope, just checked

have had 4 occasions where the phone rebooted after completion of a phone call.
    Phone has been awesome. perfect.

does not ring when connected to PC
    Need to check this. haven't gotten a call while hooked up

Still get occasional sound notifications in Bedside mode even though they are set to off.
    No problem so far

Memory will drop up to 15MB in 30 minutes or less with no use and all apps closed (except the 4 that can't be). Sporadic only.
    Lowest so far 23mb and that takes more time

Don't always get the red asterisk indicating new message even though # notification appears.
    Hasn't happened yet

color saturation slightly lessened on home screen icons (across the tops). Minor.
    Yes, as I mentioned above

occasional screen 'flicker'
    No

Third party apps: Flycast, QuickPull, Weatherbug, Google Maps, Worldmate and now Slacker!
    02-06-09 07:55 PM
    im down , 9530
    02-06-09 07:57 PM
    Sent you a pm sith

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 08:00 PM
    Please post your model and purchase date in the thread for consideration. not by PM
    02-06-09 08:08 PM
    Hmm, well unless others step forward I will use you. I do need a place to put said files for testing. Keep in mind this very well may nuke your device.
    that it might, but then if we never took a risk then where would we be....
    02-06-09 08:08 PM
    Well when I was trying before I had a great amount of trouble getting the device to connect to the PC after loading.
    02-06-09 08:09 PM
    this looks very promising

9530 12/5/08 made in mexico
    02-06-09 08:13 PM
    Sith I would to try out your hybrid
    9530 Nov 21

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 08:14 PM
    Well when I was trying before I had a great amount of trouble getting the device to connect to the PC after loading.
    Sounds like an obstacle, how did you overcome?
    02-06-09 08:16 PM
    Had to wipe and change some of the files around. It is connecting now, running some tests before i start with the 9530 version. Unfortunately I have to wipe and alter the 9500 version to test on my 9530. This is going to take a while
    02-06-09 08:18 PM
    Had to wipe and change some of the files around. It is connecting now, running some tests before i start with the 9530 version. Unfortunately I have to wipe and alter the 9500 version to test on my 9530. This is going to take a while
    Ill be here, and still willing, but it looks like you have some other interested parties with more tenure. Just let me know
    02-06-09 08:25 PM
    Please post your model and purchase date in the thread for consideration. not by PM
    Purchase Date was Day 1:
    Nov 20th from Pasadena Best Buy

Thanks!
    02-06-09 08:26 PM
    Ok, now i need to find a way to control access to the files lol
    02-06-09 08:51 PM
    Ok, now i need to find a way to control access to the files lol
    lol , just load it to server then pm the file link
    02-06-09 09:49 PM
    there are proggies available that will make a one time link you can send via email to the user. If the ip of your machine/modem is the same and the location on your drive is the same, as long as that is the case, they can download from your system directly without having to set up ftp or whatever. Also you could use shared folders on live messenger.
    02-07-09 05:20 AM
196 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD