Here is a list of apps that I'd love to see created (not sure if all are possible, but I think all would be great additions):

#1. Add arrows to the text messaging screen that would move the cursor around (like a D-Pad). This would be an app that added a button (possibly an extra screen to the symbols area) that brings up 4 big arrows instead of the letters in the keypad area - basically it would replace the letters with a D-Pad. Pressing these arrows would move the cursor around to make it easier to move the cursor to the part of the message that you want to edit.
    #2. Arrange contacts by date added. This program would add a date added field to contact info that autofills in whenever a contact is added, and then it would allow you to arrange contacts by that field.
    #3. Ability to send a really long mms - just automatically breaks up a long mms and sends it as multiple texts of up to 160 characters
    #4. Ability to click the alert image at the top of screen instead of finding the app that sent the alert (i.e. facebook, new message, etc).
    #5. When you hover over a letter have it pop up showing the letter instead of just a highlight over the letter like the iphone
    #6. Multiple alarms
    02-23-09 06:24 PM
    As far as #3 goes there is a Long Messaging services that can be purchased..

also #6 has an app you can purchase or you can simply create an alert in your calendar!

The others sound like great ideas especially the idea for letters to pop up above the keys when typing...
    02-23-09 06:34 PM
    i like them all
    02-23-09 07:59 PM
    I think many of those (1, 4, 5) would have to be integrated into the OS. I dont think 3rd party apps can affect everything like that.
    02-23-09 10:24 PM
    I don't know much about creating apps, but if #4 could be created, that would be awesome.
    02-23-09 11:06 PM
    Argh I really hope 1 and 4 are possible! Those would be huge to have. If not, how can we petition RIM to get those added, because I think both would be incredibly useful and make the storm even better!
    02-24-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD