Very recently icons for applications began appearing on my phone. When I click on them it takes me to a screen where I can choose to download the actual application.

I want to get rid of these for good. Any one have any ideas?

I have tried removing them from the service book only to have them reappear on my phone. I can't delete them from applications because they aren't actual applications only links to get the application.

So far flicker, bing, my space, social beat, slacker radio, NFL mobile, skype, back up assistant, and my verizon have all spontaneously appeared on my phone. If I wanted them, I would have downloaded them myself.
    05-05-10 01:47 PM
    No way to totally remove them as they will be resent everytime you reset your device.

Only option hide em. I created a folder called unused icons for all the junk. Stick the icons in there an then just hide the whole folder.

Out of sight out of mind.

BTW do a search next time.
    05-05-10 01:54 PM
    They are pushed to you by Verizon. There is no deleting them. You are best off making a folder to put them in and then hide the folder.
    05-05-10 01:54 PM
    This JUST started happening?
    05-05-10 02:15 PM
    This JUST started happening?
    Hey, I've had a Storm (First an S1 than an S2) since they launched on Verizon, I still have yet to see one of these icons on either phone I've owned.
    05-05-10 02:20 PM
    Hey, I've had a Storm (First an S1 than an S2) since they launched on Verizon, I still have yet to see one of these icons on either phone I've owned.
    then you must not be looking hard enough

either that or you have never reset your device.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... you own a blackberry of course you have reset your device.

so you must not be looking hard enough.
    05-05-10 02:22 PM
    Weird. I mean, I have a Telus one so I don't really have this issue. We get 4 icons. Telus Nav, music, television, and mobile banking or something.

Oh, and Zoompass. But since I got my S1 in the summer and S2 on Telus launch, icons have always been there.

Lucky you. Also, I've said this before, but you have the absolute best name on this forum, Pete. Good to see Simpsons references from when it was good.
    05-05-10 03:17 PM
    then you must not be looking hard enough

either that or you have never reset your device.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... you own a blackberry of course you have reset your device.

so you must not be looking hard enough.
    Nope...trust me, they are not there. I've actually wanted to install some of these apps and had to go out search for the old fashion way.

I can look in every folder I have, with hidden items visible, and they are not there. I don't even have the services books that people refer to (you know, the ones that get deleted but keep coming back). The only exceptions are VCast Song ID and VCast videos, which were on my S2 when I got it (but never showed up on my S1 when VZW first pushed them)...none of the ones that have been pushed since then have appeared.

Weird, I know...one of the few glitches I'm glad my BB has.

*Oh, and yes, I've reset my device quite a few times...
    05-05-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD