So LinkedIn just became available on the Storm. I loaded it and played around and, while it's not nearly as robust as regular use on their site, it's not bad.

BUT, it seems to run in the background and I can't figure out if there's a way to close the app (like you can with FB, Twitter, etc.). The app is good, but sucking memory staying open all the time?

Anyone know if there's a way to close it?
    06-09-10 01:09 PM
    So LinkedIn just became available on the Storm. I loaded it and played around and, while it's not nearly as robust as regular use on their site, it's not bad.

BUT, it seems to run in the background and I can't figure out if there's a way to close the app (like you can with FB, Twitter, etc.). The app is good, but sucking memory staying open all the time?

Anyone know if there's a way to close it?
    You can't close it. That part made me delete it. Once an update comes out I'll try it again
    06-09-10 01:25 PM
    I deleted it too, but mostly because I just couldn't think of a reason to have it. WHich, of course, made me wonder why I even downloaded it to begin with. I have a LinkedIn profile and everything, but as it is I only log in there once a month or three anyway, and anything that involves LinkedIn either comes through my email or can wait until I have access to a computer.
    06-09-10 05:45 PM
    Yeah, I agree. I would probably use it more if 1) the app could be fully closed when i'm done with it; 2) its functionality was closer to the web experience; and 3) well, i guess that's it.

If only the device had a lightning browser, it would be so much better an experience (not to mention the memory that would be saved) if we could just rely on the mobile web sites to function as fast as traditional apps.
    06-10-10 12:56 PM
    I originally like the idea of having Linkedin app for the storm, but it dogs my battery! Unfortunately it's usefulness is limited, waited forever for this app.
    07-11-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD