5 years, please, Apple has had a loyal following ever since they started making macs in the 80's. It's just now that with the ipod/iphone/itunes and their macs are more popular and attracting more people but the following has always been there.
    Like I said, 5 years ago was when it became MASSIVE.

I put that in parenthesis because I knew someone was gonna try and jump on me for it. I realize they had a following prior....trust me.
    11-19-08 10:26 PM
    i think it wouldve been nice to know that i shouldve added my name to the waiting list that started two months ago. one store you can order your phone but they found out theres gonna be new software so youll get yours in a few days, another one told me that phones will be going to people on the list, adding a line, or porting over from another company, and the last place said there getting a shipment of like prob 15 tomorrow (circuit city) and people on the waiting list will get them and theyll get another shipment on sat then monday!! ARGH!!!! im going insane! and i don't know what to do i have ZERO patience to wait and know people will have it and i have to wait!

anyone else live in los angeles and have heard otherwise or where i can go
    11-19-08 11:14 PM
    Manger told me 6 am again today....now he is either really working the hype machine or they will open at 6. Either way I'm going to arrive around 6:30 on my way to work with coffee and a bagel. I can wait but would love to play with this at work and not get any work done...The students are working on an essay the entire day and I'll be bored otherwise. And to your point of number of phones...he did say he will receive a shipment of 100+ phones for the launch Friday.
    What store location are you talking about that opens at 7am?
    11-20-08 08:45 AM
    I just returned from the store, btw he just laughed when I walked in I was unsure if he was happy to see me again or wanted me to go away...He said he doesn't have an exact number but they have enough to meet the demand, he said he expect to receive 100+ phones for Fridays launch.
    MY manager friend at the desert ridge store says thye received a corp. email saying that they are only receieving 20 units the same as all phoenix stores.
    11-20-08 03:19 PM
    Is that the Desert Ridge manager that calls everyone "boss"? If so, his info is always contrary to every other store manager in the valley. Something is not right at Desert Ridge. Either your guy is telling you the only truth or his info is different than all others.

My info and 2Hot-n-AZ's info is very similar & gathered from different sources. I'm not lining up for this thing. Worst case scenario there is a shortage & all those that line up will be ordering like the rest of us. Best case scenario there are as many Storms as 2HotinAZ and I have been told. In that case I'll get one when I roll up at 11am just like those that camped out since 5am. You have to love the overnight delivery - you can have a Storm in hand less than 30 hours after they start selling them in the stores.
    11-20-08 03:28 PM
    Is that the Desert Ridge manager that calls everyone "boss"? If so, his info is always contrary to every other store manager in the valley. Something is not right at Desert Ridge. Either your guy is telling you the only truth or his info is different than all others.

My info and 2Hot-n-AZ's info is very similar & gathered from different sources. I'm not lining up for this thing. Worst case scenario there is a shortage & all those that line up will be ordering like the rest of us. Best case scenario there are as many Storms as 2HotinAZ and I have been told. In that case I'll get one when I roll up at 11am just like those that camped out since 5am. You have to love the overnight delivery - you can have a Storm in hand less than 30 hours after they start selling them in the stores.
    I don't want to wait in line either. Its all weird because why would stores open early to sell this phone if they only have 20 or less. But then the Desert Ridge store is opening at their normal time and said they will receive their phones in the morning.
    11-20-08 03:42 PM
    jpw16, I called 3 times to the Desert Ridge store today to see if the message is consistent. This is what I heard:
    - "Over 100, I am looking at them now"
    - "I think 60 or so"
    - "At least 80"

This could be BS but that is what they were dishing out on the phone to me today from that store. Try your manager friend and let us know what you hear.
    11-20-08 07:10 PM
    guys, i would call tonight again, my store alllll week was telling me 7am, I just called to check on inventory and he said 8am, very limited quantity, and this is a big main verizon location in lake grove ny, Long Island.

f'n verizon, messed up another launch, good going
    11-20-08 07:12 PM
    guys, i would call tonight again, my store alllll week was telling me 7am, I just called to check on inventory and he said 8am, very limited quantity, and this is a big main verizon location in lake grove ny, Long Island.

f'n verizon, messed up another launch, good going
    Yep! Even if tomorrow they end up having 100 units at every store running OS version .92 and added wifi, they messed this one up just because they have pissed off a lot of customers by not giving out consistent communication. The fact alone that you can call *611 four times in one day and get a different answer each time to the SAME question is unexcusable. I hope the marketing head for this campaign is either fired or at least does not get their bonus this year. Unbelievable.
    11-20-08 07:19 PM
    i'm kind of thinking that these stores that say they have a "very limited supply" are just saying so to create more demand for this "hard to get, need to have" phone.
    11-20-08 07:23 PM
    well the fact is, that verizon reps (everywhere) had a meeting this morning saying they can not hold them for anyone. So there will be lines as there have been known shortages throughout. So people will wait in line because they want one TODAY rather than tomorrow or Monday.
    11-20-08 07:29 PM
    jpw16, I called 3 times to the Desert Ridge store today to see if the message is consistent. This is what I heard:
    - "Over 100, I am looking at them now"
    - "I think 60 or so"
    - "At least 80"

This could be BS but that is what they were dishing out on the phone to me today from that store. Try your manager friend and let us know what you hear.
    Were calling the same store right? 480-513-9100. I hope your right. Me and my brother called twice in the past hour and talked to Bob and Nick and they both said 20-30 and they dont even have them yet. My friend is not there that always helps us with our business account. Their probally getting so many calls that their saying anything. We'll see tomorrow. I could pin you in the morning with the heads up.
    11-20-08 07:55 PM
    Were calling the same store right? 480-513-9100. I hope your right. Me and my brother called twice in the past hour and talked to Bob and Nick and they both said 20-30 and they dont even have them yet. My friend is not there that always helps us with our business account. Their probally getting so many calls that their saying anything. We'll see tomorrow. I could pin you in the morning with the heads up.

My guy got 30, he said the EV stores got between 30 - 50 for bigger locations.
    No lines as of 7:00 PM....
    When they run out, his store at least will be covering the price of overnight, guaranteed Saturday delivery if the order is placed before 11:00.
    He also said they will be getting 2 big shipments next week to cover for the black friday sale..
    They were told the orders were cutback due to logistics with the OS update tomorrow, I guess they weren't sure if the OTA could take place...
    11-20-08 08:23 PM
    MY manager friend at the desert ridge store says thye received a corp. email saying that they are only receieving 20 units the same as all phoenix stores.
    I am unsure of what to tell you, my only guestimation is that thenumber of storms may depend of the volume the store does. If they are only receiving 20 there then you should get there early or order telesales.
    11-20-08 08:28 PM
    I don't want to wait in line either. Its all weird because why would stores open early to sell this phone if they only have 20 or less. But then the Desert Ridge store is opening at their normal time and said they will receive their phones in the morning.
    So I called the store tonight to talk to my manager (former student) but i was put through to a sales rep instead, she told me that the store opened at 7 and they only received 30 storms and that people are lining up already. So I jumped in the car and drove by its only 2 miles away. When I get there there is no line at all, not even in the store getting help. I asked the manager and he told me to be there at 6 when the doors open and they have 75 in back and they were waiting for a shipment of 50 more. This was at 7pm PST.

So I think that the sales reps are trying to hype this phone up...a little bit more than need be.
    11-20-08 08:33 PM
    So I called the store tonight to talk to my manager (former student) but i was put through to a sales rep instead, she told me that the store opened at 7 and they only received 30 storms and that people are lining up already. So I jumped in the car and drove by its only 2 miles away. When I get there there is no line at all, not even in the store getting help. I asked the manager and he told me to be there at 6 when the doors open and they have 75 in back and they were waiting for a shipment of 50 more. This was at 7pm PST.

So I think that the sales reps are trying to hype this phone up...a little bit more than need be.
    Strange that your guy still says 6am. Mine says 7am is when doors open (if they don't all sleep in & forget). I was also told there would be more shipments during the day. If they run out (not expected to) it may be good to show up in the afternoon for the second shipment. I won't be there early so please report your findings.
    Last edited by verizontroll; 11-20-08 at 08:57 PM.
    11-20-08 08:54 PM
    Strange that your guy still says 6am. Mine says 7am is when doors open (if they don't all sleep in & forget). I was also told there would be more shipments during the day. If they run out (not expected to) it may be good to show up in the afternoon for the second shipment. I won't be there early so please report your findings.
    Went to Desert Ridge at 8pm and talk to a sales rep who showed me the box of twenty storms and said they will get 20 more friday and again on saturday. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
    11-20-08 11:08 PM
    why would a sales rep hype up the fact that they have a fewer quantity. I would rather have 200 phones in the back and just sell them all day then have 20 people in line at 8am. its not like they make more commission off of it or anything.
    11-20-08 11:18 PM
    why would a sales rep hype up the fact that they have a fewer quantity. I would rather have 200 phones in the back and just sell them all day then have 20 people in line at 8am. its not like they make more commission off of it or anything.
    which verizon do you work at bong_water?
    11-21-08 12:11 AM
    i work at a corp. store in virginia beach, virginia
    11-21-08 12:12 AM
170 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD