I called my friend who works at the local verizon store, he said the list has about 30-40 people on it(im in a highly populated area in NY), they are probably getting 100-200 of them in stock. The lines will not be that long, this release is NOT like the iphone's hype. You should ALL be able to get one no issue friday morning.
    11-17-08 11:33 AM
    i have to agree, verizon is gonna try to sell as many of these as they can so they don't want to be out of stock at the stores because its a potential lost sale. Thats why im just gonna waltz in on the early side this friday and check out whats up
    11-17-08 11:40 AM
    Well I'm sure it will not be the same everywhere. I think some store will get alot some will not. We will have to wait and see.
    11-17-08 11:40 AM
    I agree, but either way it doesn't matter to me personally. I just want to be the first one there and have the device as soon as possible. Kinda crazy, but I'm an addict! So it seems completely rational to me
    11-17-08 11:41 AM
    yeah obviously stores will have more but like i said, im in a highly populated area near NYC and if they arent getting that big of a list... idk where else would besides NYC....hopefully verizon isn't stupid like the iphone 3g release where it took 60000 hours to activate your phone...
    11-17-08 11:42 AM
    Thats explains why they did release on Friday. Gives them 2 more day on weekend to fulfill stock. Smart move VZW
    11-17-08 11:43 AM
    with my blackberry bold(i know the hype is not the same) i walked in around 4pm-5pm the day it was release and they still had plenty... lets face it, there are alot more iphone fanboys and crazy's around, doesn't mean its better though!
    11-17-08 11:43 AM
    I called my friend who works at the local verizon store, he said the list has about 30-40 people on it(im in a highly populated area in NY), they are probably getting 100-200 of them in stock. The lines will not be that long, this release is NOT like the iphone's hype. You should ALL be able to get one no issue friday morning.
    Agreed. I want to get it at opening but if I can't I'm not worried. The iPhone had waits and lines because every 5 seconds there was a commercial for it on TV, Apple has had a massive fan base for about 5 years (well, that's how long it's been MASSIVE) that was all daying for it just for the logo/brand. The iPhone was also a REVOLUTIONARY phone....the Storm is as well but it's got more of a cult following than it does a mass culture following.
    11-17-08 11:45 AM
    Plus I don't know about everyone else but I like to get my device and get out as soon as possible. I don't want some stranger showing me my device I wanna figure it out myself that's all the fun.
    11-17-08 11:46 AM
    Are you serious ?? the list has nothing to do with it ? yah that will account for about 1/3 of the people that try to get the phone ...
    11-17-08 11:48 AM
    Are you serious ?? the list has nothing to do with it ? yah that will account for about 1/3 of the people that try to get the phone ...
    Lists are just ordering capacities (though I'm sure that your post is facetious ). Basically the store in the OP will be their initial stock amount+30-40 extras. That's why there won't be shortages...everyone who's THAT interested in the phone has already called up the store most likely and been put on the list for the store.
    11-17-08 11:50 AM
    I agree with you all! I'll go as soon as I get off work Friday morning and have fun with it the rest of the day! I'm just overly excited about it...can't wait
    11-17-08 11:51 AM
    Im gettin my Storm asap too! Just wanna b the 1st on the block with the newest toy out! LOL - Hey if ya can, why not?
    11-17-08 11:53 AM
    Yah lol mme too ^^^^ im just hoping its not the bad a$$ new phone that EVERYONE has .
    11-17-08 12:00 PM
    the ONLY thing we have to worry about is the process of getting in there and the activation... that is the part im worried about, they better be quick!
    11-17-08 12:01 PM
    Yah lol mme too ^^^^ im just hoping its not the bad a$$ new phone that EVERYONE has .
    it is for verizon which means, every girl/person in america will eventually have this phone... mostly younger kids 11-17 own verizon, and they are all spoiled which means by january(after christmas) every person in NY will have it who owns verizon...

i know a 13 year old with a blackberry, actually a couple.... WHAT THE **** DO YOU KIDS DO WITH A BLACKBERRY!? AND WHAT THE **** ARE YOUR PARENTS THINKING BUYING YOU ONE!?
    11-17-08 12:02 PM
    the lines will be long its the same hype as the voyager when it first came out only thing they are over stocking us and just like the voyager the storm isnt as good as all the hype surrounding it
    11-17-08 12:05 PM
    What was the situation with the voyager? What kind of lines where there? Where the lines long in the morning on a weekday or mostly on a weekend?
    11-17-08 12:15 PM
    screw the voyager .. i hate it ! lol
    11-17-08 12:15 PM
    long lines , and like 5 phones per store
    11-17-08 12:16 PM
    the voyager, is LG... sorry LG and blackberry are not on the same level...
    11-17-08 12:16 PM
    the voyager, is LG... sorry LG and blackberry are not on the same level...
    LG > Blackberry for TVs
    11-17-08 12:19 PM
    what was the deal with the voyager? How long where the lines. Where they long on a weekday in the morning or on the weekdays.?
    11-17-08 12:22 PM
    btw.. I have had a chocolate lg and i have returned it about5-6 times. it seems like the screen would go white everytime..I have seen others complain too while standing in the line to exchange mine... HEADS UP.. When returning/exchanging a phone make sure you know what you are signing. You may think it is a exchange but what they could do I sign you up for another 2yr contract and screw you with the same phone agian for another 2yrs. lol.. ask questions! -vent over-
    11-17-08 12:25 PM
    I would be more curious to see what size the list is on Wednesday or Thursday. I just called today to be put on the list at my local store and I have been following this for a few months. There are also all the people who will want to hold it first before buying that won't be on the list. I sure hope you are right about there not being lines, but I am still skeptical.
    11-17-08 12:26 PM
170 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD