This Storm is my first Blackberry. I searched but couldn't find anything on limiting emails pushing to my phone at night. I am a doctor so I can't just silence the phone as I need to get calls and pages/texts at night but I would rather not be awakened by email alerts. On my previous phones, it was easy. Just set a time span from say 10pm to 7am that would not alert you to emails. Can't find this function anywhere on the Storm. Advise please?
    05-24-09 09:54 AM
    You will need to create a custom sound profile, and set emails to silent and texts/pages to a ringtone. You will still get the emails to our blackberry but it wont alert you.
    05-24-09 09:57 AM
    Not sure about storm, but for bold just change your profile from "normal" to "phone only" - phone will ring, you will get emails/texts, but the sound for the latter will be muted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 11:22 AM
    Sounds > custom profiles > add custom profile > name (any u wish) > set functions as desired > custom profile appears in sounds list.
    05-24-09 01:26 PM
    Not sure about storm, but for bold just change your profile from "normal" to "phone only" - phone will ring, you will get emails/texts, but the sound for the latter will be muted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes... there is a "Phone calls only" sound profile on the Storm already.
    05-24-09 01:45 PM
    ^ OP wants 2 limit email only.
    05-24-09 01:55 PM
    ^ OP wants 2 limit email only.
    Yep... and I wasn't responding to the OP directly (which is why I quoted the person I was responding to). (Also, now the OP knows that if he only wants to get phone calls, there is already a pre-loaded option for that on the Storm.)
    05-24-09 01:59 PM
    Roger. Over & out.
    05-24-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD