I'm pretty sure it would be against Verizon's TOS. If you're too poor to purchase music legitimately then music shouldn't be your priority and you should be out making money to support yourself. Theft is wrong. Period.
    If a torrent app is not supported, why on earth would they support a limewire app? Haha both are theft and both could land you a fine or even time. Just look at the recent ruling with Pirate Bay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    there is a free lime wire but you can also pay monthy soo... what if it was the paid version?
    06-02-09 04:02 PM
    8000? I thought had a lot. I only have 3500 and also 23 movies.
    2940 songs and 42 movies. 1228 of those songs are on my storm xD

06-02-09 04:08 PM
    I have just shy of 3k worth of songs. I usually DL movies if their hard to find or something in the theatre I don't want to pay 8 dollars to watch.

06-02-09 04:12 PM
    If a torrent app is not supported, why on earth would they support a limewire app? Haha both are theft and both could land you a fine or even time. Just look at the recent ruling with Pirate Bay.

However Torrents, when used correctly and responsibly, are not illegal in any country.

I have a 1TB drive filled with music sourced from legal torrents. It is all live music by bands who authorize taping, trading and sharing.

The PirateBay is exactly what is sounds like...Pirating. Unfortunately those who don't know much about the Torrents and the technology (most of the general public) associate Torrents with stealing bc of TPB.

TORRENTING DOES NOT = THEFT just like GUNS DON'T EQUAL MURDER
    06-02-09 04:38 PM
    However Torrents, when used correctly and responsibly, are not illegal in any country.

I have a 1TB drive filled with music sourced from legal torrents. It is all live music by bands who authorize taping, trading and sharing.

The PirateBay is exactly what is sounds like...Pirating. Unfortunately those who don't know much about the Torrents and the technology (most of the general public) associate Torrents with stealing bc of TPB.

I know there are legal torrents. But the general public uses illegal torrents and could care less. Pirate bay was just an example of what happens to supporting illegal torrents. Maybe a bad example yes.

But none of that applies to myself anyway. I am an avid CD collector and prefer to pay for my music

06-02-09 06:19 PM
    I agree. I may contradict myself here, but I do download from limewire.
    On occasion I do buy a few songs a week from iTunes.
    I know it doesn't make it right, but its not right to see what rap and hip-hop has turned into too.
    Makes me sick the money in that industry.

that why you only buy Tech N9ne
    06-02-09 06:48 PM
    Ya'll should check out Tuneroom.
    Go to this link from your phone and register:Mobile Music Search @ TuneRoom.com
    06-02-09 06:51 PM
    8000? I thought had a lot. I only have 3500 and also 23 movies.
    Hehe if only you knew what I had

Just download on computer and use DM to transfer on.
    06-02-09 10:33 PM
    That would be cool to have a limewire app for the storm. I would have a library full of music.

06-02-09 10:39 PM
    Hey one thing I got to hand it to you guys this is funny every admits that they download illegal haha lmao but seriously come on its not really good to do this imagine if you were an artist and you were suppose to sell those albums but instead people download them free beacuase one idot had to give it out to people trust me you would be pissed off at them as much they would be to you
    06-02-09 10:51 PM
    No thanks, I like to keep my computer and Phone virus free

06-02-09 10:56 PM
    You can dl free music off websites found on google, I do it all the time.

06-02-09 11:04 PM

You're absolutely right. Torrents just enable theft just like guns enable death. They are a great tool until humanity in all it's glory effs them up.
    06-02-09 11:13 PM
    It would be very cool, but most people use it to break the law and steal. That's not cool.
    06-02-09 11:15 PM
    You're absolutely right. Torrents just enable theft just like guns enable death. They are a great tool until humanity in all it's glory effs them up.
    Shouldn't you be watching Nancy Grace right now?
    06-02-09 11:19 PM
    Almost any item that you have ever touched could fall int this category. Cars enable drive bys. Condoms enable infidelity. TV's enable laziness. The list goes on and on. Let it go.
    06-02-09 11:20 PM
    Shouldn't you be watching Nancy Grace right now?
    Screw off. I was just making a point. And since you care so much, would you mind telling me what part of my post was inaccurate? It's the truth. Humans often commit evil deeds with otherwise harmless things. I'm not pointing anyone out. It's just human nature.
    06-02-09 11:26 PM
    Torrents Rock for LIFE!!!!

Limewire is cool for broke college students like me!

mp3sparks.com is awesome for legal music downloads. <20 cents a song

Ohh Bluesky and any other talking about Limewire being illigal and stealing. You CAN find LEGAL music on it is just that people share their copyrighted songs too.
    Last edited by Venc; 06-02-09 at 11:35 PM.
    06-02-09 11:30 PM
    Torrents as a concept, file type and transport protocol are completely legal...
    Yeah, but anybody asking about Limewire isn't looking for freebee indie music.

Anywho, torrents do not work well over cellular connections in particular. It opens tons and tons of ports to gain extra bandwidth, but there's only so much bandwidth a 3G cellular connection can support in the first place. All you get out of it is lag and latency, so legal or not, it's not worth the trouble. Torrents are for squeezing more throughput from something far faster in the first place, like a cable connection.

(And yes, this did come up in a call once. )
    06-02-09 11:38 PM
    Screw off. I was just making a point. And since you care so much, would you mind telling me what part of my post was inaccurate? It's the truth. Humans often commit evil deeds with otherwise harmless things. I'm not pointing anyone out. It's just human nature.
    I never said inaccurate per se; your just being overly dramatic. This is a technical forum, not a place to talk about how you follow every law and local regulation to the letter and how those that don't live in your image should get jobs and strive to do better.

I also love that out of all the posts in this thread you seem to have taken the most offense to a Nancy Grace comparison. Go troll one of the threads about sex dice apps.
    06-02-09 11:46 PM
    Well I do like to devour small infants.
    You should put your mouth by a crotch and bite down
    06-02-09 11:54 PM
    Hey you want to talk about injustice? How many leaked OS's have you had on your phone? I'm pretty sure they were discovered through some torrent engine....So i guess your a third party crook....
    06-02-09 11:56 PM
    I never said inaccurate per se; your just being overly dramatic. This is a technical forum, not a place to talk about how you follow every law and local regulation to the letter and how those that don't live in your image should get jobs and strive to do better.

I also love that out of all the posts in this thread you seem to have taken the most offense to a Nancy Grace comparison. Go troll one of the threads about sex dice apps.
    I never said I "follow every law and local regulation to the letter." I've definitely done some regrettable things. However, I don't actively seek out new methods of breaking the law. I don't think it's appropriate to come into these forums and ask for aid in conducting illegal or immoral activities. If he came in here asking for blueprints to a jewelry store in order to plan a robbery, I doubt any of you guys would help him. I don't see a difference.

FYI: I have the sex dice app.
    06-03-09 12:05 AM
    This app would be sweet.
    06-03-09 12:10 AM

I never said I "follow every law and local regulation to the letter." I've definitely done some regrettable things. However, I don't actively seek out new methods of breaking the law. I don't think it's appropriate to come into these forums and ask for aid in conducting illegal or immoral activities. If he came in here asking for blueprints to a jewelry store in order to plan a robbery, I doubt any of you guys would help him. I don't see a difference.

FYI: I have the sex dice app.
    06-03-09 12:12 AM
219 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD