Sorry, I'm not sure I understand, if you get something that was uploaded to rapidshare, megaupload, etc. you can download the song or video without fear of being caught?
    Rapidshare, megaupload and the sites usually catch it and remove the files. Dont know about the fear of getting caught. I dont go and download every library, song or album there is. If I hear a song on the radio that is catchy, I'll get it and leave it on my phone as a ringtone. if I'm bored, I'll get rid of it.
    01-08-09 03:01 PM
    downloading mp3's are fairly safe. as long as you stay away from all kinds of executables you should be ok.

if you download an mp3, and its really a virus, when you play it, it wont do anyhting.

the problem is people download extra crap with these p2p services that get them infected. (or the clients themselves)
    01-08-09 04:03 PM
    Torrents are much safer and also better quality. Only download torrents with a decent amount of seeders and leechers if you're worried about being safe.
    01-08-09 04:52 PM
    If your using a MAC it is not much of a problem, the viruses just aren't out there for the MAC. Supply and Demand
    01-08-09 04:57 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD