Yesterday I sent some feedback to Poynt. This is what I said:

"Great app. Would you consider a separate module for restaurants? Search by locale, genre, name, or price. You could then redirect to opentable.com to make reservations or call direct."

This is the response I received:

"Thanks for your email. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying the app, and have passed your comments on to our development team for further consideration.

You’ll be pleased to hear that we are currently working on enhanced restaurant features, including table reservations. However, no specific timetable for release has yet been announced."

Cool!
    02-25-09 12:52 PM
    That's great news. An already good app getting even better...now if only RIM and Facebook had the same mindset for their app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 12:57 PM
    Ooh, that'd be awesome. I was just thinking it'd be nice the other day.
    02-25-09 01:02 PM
    yay poynt! love this app, recommended!
    02-25-09 01:33 PM
    That would be cool. Not being a big moviegoer, I don't get a lot of use out of Poynt, although I do have it on my Storm. But if they added restaurant feature and reservation feature to boot, that would be sweet.
    02-25-09 01:39 PM
    I love poynt already.....now looks like its going to be even better!
    02-25-09 01:56 PM
    Great news, hope the search that they currently use, gets a lot better.
    02-25-09 02:41 PM
    I just recently downloaded this and am still deciding whether it's worth keeping. This would make it much more appealing to me.
    02-25-09 02:53 PM
    i love poynt i have been using it more and more as time goes you dont even understand how convient it is to have super pages right on your phone so many people always need a number or directions to somewhere the resturaunt addition would be a great feature
    02-25-09 03:12 PM
    I thought it's been known for a while that Poynt is trying to integrate table reservations via OpenTable into its app.

Multiplied Media announces agreement with OpenTable to deliver real-time dining reservations... | Reuters
    02-25-09 03:36 PM
    That would be cool. Not being a big moviegoer, I don't get a lot of use out of Poynt, although I do have it on my Storm. But if they added restaurant feature and reservation feature to boot, that would be sweet.
    Same here, it seems it's only real purpose is movies at this point.

If I need a restaurant I just punch it in google maps and off I go...
    02-25-09 04:12 PM
    i like poynt, glad to hear it can only get better
    02-25-09 04:16 PM
    ita an awesome app..
    02-25-09 05:46 PM
    Try typing "restaurant" into Poynt's local search...
    02-25-09 05:54 PM
    great news. furthermore it would be nice to have up to 6 icons (2x3)..possibly customizable i.e. Auto (mechanics, dealers, etc), Grocery, Shopping, Etc. Etc.
    02-25-09 05:59 PM
    I want more browsing options
    02-25-09 06:11 PM
    does poynt need bbmaps to work? i really want to delete bbmaps cus of gmaps but idk if i will disable poynt (or BOFA app...) anyone know?
    02-26-09 12:59 AM
    Poynt is a great app. I've been using it alot more for things I usually use VZ Navigator for, simply cause it loads faster. I still won't get rid of VZ Nav though, I like it too much. But as far as getting movie showtimes, or quick things I may need, Poynt is great
    02-26-09 01:08 AM
    Just downloaded Poynt a few days ago. Havent gone out to a movie yet but from playing around with it, I can see I'm gonna get some good use out of it. The new version is gonna be awesome if it includes restaurant recommendations as well.
    02-26-09 01:19 AM
    does poynt need bbmaps to work? i really want to delete bbmaps cus of gmaps but idk if i will disable poynt (or BOFA app...) anyone know?
    Poynt doesn't need BB Maps to work as long as you change it to Google Maps under the options. If you are going to remove BB Maps, make sure that you don't have WeatherBug installed since it uses BB Maps.

02-26-09 01:36 AM
    Has anyone gotten their Poynt to work right today. Both my brother's Storm and mine are getting Timed Out errors when searching. He's on .075 and I'm on .109
    03-01-09 04:18 PM
    i sent them feedback on how hard superpages blows.

lol their response was the same as yours and then "we are currently investigating other solutions"

LOL! NO MORE CRAPERPAGES!

it cant even find the subway restaurants by my house.

it cant find the malls by my house, and there are what, 20 malls in northern nj atleast?:
    03-01-09 04:22 PM
    Has anyone gotten their Poynt to work right today. Both my brother's Storm and mine are getting Timed Out errors when searching. He's on .075 and I'm on .109
    They said that the problem is on their side and not on our bb. They have been working on the problem since early this morning. If you emailed them about the problem, you are supposed to get an email back once it is fixed.

03-01-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD