Ok, I'm not sure if any other fellow "CrackBerrys" out there thought of this but, I'm thinking that the lightning picture that shows up randomly but can't be chosen as a permanant home screen image, might just be done on purpose to resemble a lightning strike. Think about it.....it shows up for only a split second. There isnt a set pattern to it. This is the theory im sticking to only because it makes my Storm that much hotter......IT'S GENIUS! (or a bug...take your pick.) lololololol!
    02-25-09 08:44 AM
    I always see lightning in 10% of the sky randomly in storms.
    02-25-09 08:48 AM
    My votes for random UI glitch over some black magic!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 08:52 AM
    Im not saying its "magic", im saying that it was done on purpose to resemble real lightning.
    02-25-09 08:54 AM
    I always see lightning in 10% of the sky randomly in storms.
    02-25-09 09:20 AM
    In the themes section there is a lighting theme and it says it is already active so could be something with that but I have seen it to

02-25-09 09:28 AM
    Bug... When I try to load a page using Bolt, on occasion I'll get a page I looked at earlier in the day show up first. Maybe it's not caching properly or something.
    From what I've read the lightning bolt was a moving home page image that used too much memory after the carrier's logos and themes were added to the phone. It was disabled because of this
    I tried removing the theme when I put another on my phone and it made a mess of things.
    Maybe it just tries to be seen so it won't be forgotten...

02-25-09 09:30 AM
    There's a few items hidden away in the Storm memory - if you have a third party file manager, there's a system folder - found some gifs for MMS messages that I cannot figure out how to access for the life of me.
    02-25-09 09:31 AM
    When I received my storm the original theme was the theme with a picture of lightning then I applied a new wall paper and since then I see an occasional square of the original theme wallpaper being the lightning

02-25-09 09:38 AM
    I cheated, I downloaded the theme.
    02-25-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD