Good Morning everyone. I lost all my 3rd party apps even though i backed them up going to .148. All is well, but I cannot find 2 apps I really enjoyed. 1st app I got somewhere on here and I have searched over and over for it. It was pretty basic. Whenever the storm was plugged in and charging it would turn the screen light on and keep it on for the duration that it was plugged in for. 2nd app is really no huge deal was just a free screen tilt lock program. Thanks in advance everyone!

Bill
    06-02-09 09:23 AM
    Good Morning everyone. I lost all my 3rd party apps even though i backed them up going to .148. All is well, but I cannot find 2 apps I really enjoyed. 1st app I got somewhere on here and I have searched over and over for it. It was pretty basic. Whenever the storm was plugged in and charging it would turn the screen light on and keep it on for the duration that it was plugged in for. 2nd app is really no huge deal was just a free screen tilt lock program. Thanks in advance everyone!

Bill
    screen light = idk

free screen tilt lock = http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/or...onlock-228835/
    06-02-09 09:30 AM
    You may be looking for BBLight. I don't know if it's been ported to the Storm or not.
    06-02-09 09:35 AM
    Wow ! thanks bro! So you have no idea on the 1st app? Have you ever used it?
    06-02-09 09:37 AM
    Yes I do believe your right. You could set the program to do a few other things with the back light, but I only found it useful while driving and in the cradle mount. It was nice because you could see at glance it was still charging and monitor the phone at ease without hitting it to make the light come on.
    06-02-09 09:41 AM
    I don't have a Storm. I use BBLight on my 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 09:45 AM
    Well I app all your help! I am gonna give it a shot and see if its the one im looking for. I saw it on the ota link in the storms 3rd party apps, but did not think it was a flashlight app. Im downloading now so i will let you know.
    06-02-09 09:59 AM
    Thank you Jeff. You were right it was BBlight. The description totally threw me off about the flashlight part. That was exactly what I was looking for. Ugh talk about feeling like an *****! Under my nose and did not even realize it ha ha. Thank you sir!
    06-02-09 10:10 AM
    I'm puzzled about your reference to a flashlight. The description should say "not a flashlight app." I put that on the OTA app thread because people were thinking that bblight was a flashlight app. Did you find it labeled as a flashlight app somewhere?

06-02-09 11:15 AM
    I'm puzzled about your reference to a flashlight. The description should say "not a flashlight app." I put that on the OTA app thread because people were thinking that bblight was a flashlight app. Did you find it labeled as a flashlight app somewhere?

When you go to the OTA App Directory on the phone (clicking the link on m.crackberry.com), it is described as BB Light - Flashlight Application.
    http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

Edit: It also appears that way in the sticky in this forum.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...a-apps-236712/
    Last edited by jfb336; 06-02-09 at 11:27 AM.
    06-02-09 11:22 AM
    Hmm. I fixed that once already. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

06-02-09 11:26 AM
    I see that the sticky has been changed, but the mobile directory still says flashlight application.
    06-02-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD