any one else getting this? on white screens i have a small area that is a bit lighter than the rest of the screen. i think it might be from the pressure of clicking the central button for the surepress. its not visible while watching videos or using the phone for other functions but if after less than a year the screen is already deteriorating then i really dont know what is to come after longer use. any one else getting this? pic attached is the central button im talking about.
    06-28-09 02:29 AM
    I have the same problem. You can see it more on a white background site like google.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-28-09 03:56 AM
    I have several along the bottom inch if my screen in portrait view. Been there since the day I got my storm. But with people talking about how bad refurbs have been I kinda don't want to send my good screen click phone back to possibly get a worse one.

06-28-09 08:55 AM
    I have it as well. Just below the middle of the screen. Not sure when it started but I've had the Storm since 11/28. No other problems with the click screen though.
    06-28-09 09:32 AM
    you can test your page using the white page i made to test mine so when i go to the Verizon store, i am going to show them. and i refuse to take a refurb storm. if it is faulty equipment they need to replace it with a new one. not a cleaned up used one. anyways. here is the website you can test yours and see if you can spot anything. my blackberry test page my spot is located right in the center of the screen.
    06-28-09 05:09 PM
    I did the test and I am happy to report that my phone is good. Sorry you guys that are having this issue. I hope all goes well with your returns if you so choose.

06-28-09 05:17 PM
    I don't have it, and I've had my screen since November. I suspect that you're going to have trouble getting a new device.

Good luck
    06-28-09 05:58 PM
    Same issue here. I've also had my Storm since the very beginning... I thought it was caused by the "hourglass" icon on the Appleberry theme, but...
    06-28-09 10:19 PM
    I have the same issues. Vzw is sending me a new storm . Said it was either water or small stress cracks

06-29-09 01:27 AM
    ive had the same spot for a while now..doesnt really bother me as much. but should i try and get a new phone??
    06-29-09 02:24 AM
    i retract my original statement. i looked at it a little more and realized its probably not from the button. im leaning more towards what plasticman said. anyone else who has the spot running quickpull? i think the loading symbol from starting up every day put the burn mark there. i might have to change my routine up a bit.
    06-30-09 01:57 PM
    I have the spot. Highly doubt it's quickpull. I also have dust. I'm thinking about waiting for the Storm2 before exchanging.
    06-30-09 02:51 PM
    I have the spot. Highly doubt it's quickpull. I also have dust. I'm thinking about waiting for the Storm2 before exchanging.
    quick pull reboots your phone and makes the loading clock come up for 5+ minutes while your phone starts up. if you have it set to run every day that means you have that loading clock up for 35+ minutes a week or over 2 hours a month. i dont see how it cant affect your screen. i for one am going to try to use quick pull as sparingly as possible. yet one more reason why we all need 5.0 to be leaked asap (hint hint)
    06-30-09 06:16 PM
    i have one too. is anyone just living with it or trying to get a replcaement?
    07-18-09 09:09 PM
    My Storm is only 2 weeks old so no problem here. But if it is caused by the hourglass and QuickPull, I won't be doing that every night.

But I'm wondering if since .151 does such a good job with memory (I'm running that OS now and I'm still at over 30 megs since using the phone all day), is a nightly QuickPull even necessary anyway?
    07-18-09 09:38 PM
    same issue here. everything else works great, hate to trade it in and get more problems. the white dot does drive me crazy though.
    07-18-09 09:46 PM
    I only noticed the spot about a month ago and have had the Storm since its launch. If my NE2 wasn't up in a month I would think about trying to get a Storm 2 from Asurion.
    06-20-10 08:50 PM
    I have a white spot slightly under the center..i noticed it a while ago but i thought it showed up after i hit my storm once with my fist when i was on rage xD

06-21-10 04:45 PM
    5 minutes for quickpull? Not on my phone.
    Just did Quick pull and the hourglass was on for a total of 10 seconds and then the same white bar at the bottom that happens with a battery pull.
    Total time 2 minutes 50 seconds.

But I do get the white spot. Had it for a long time.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-21-10 at 10:07 PM.
    06-21-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD