I have installed every leaked OS thus far.... I used to check crackberry every morning when I would wake, and every night before bed, just to see if a new OS had been leaked or not. I did this, because I was not happy with whichever OS I was running at the time. I would have to say that .86 was the best leaked OS thus far, but even it had problems that resulted in my having to do battery pulls at embarrassing or frustrating times of the day.

Last night, after having enough of .90 and it's random reboots, I finally did a wipe with JLcmder and reinstalled the official .75. I have to say that .75 is definitely the most stable OS out there right now.

I know now why Verizon has postponed releasing any of the other OS's. Since installing .75, I have had 0 memory loss. Still at 43.1mb. Yes, my camera is buggy, but my BB messenger doesn't lock up anymore, my media player is fast like it used to be, and my Suretype works like it is supposed to.

The only reason I am posting this, is to encourage those who are frustrated with their leaked OS, to go ahead and downgrade back to .75... Life on .75 is pretty darn good.
    01-26-09 12:01 PM
    I did the same thing last night. Back to 75 until something else becomes official.
    01-26-09 12:45 PM
    I can't wait to get home and DOWNGRADE my OS too. Sad state of affairs but I had the least amount of batt pulls with .75 too.
    01-26-09 03:15 PM
    I have installed every leaked OS thus far.... I used to check crackberry every morning when I would wake, and every night before bed, just to see if a new OS had been leaked or not. I did this, because I was not happy with whichever OS I was running at the time. I would have to say that .86 was the best leaked OS thus far, but even it had problems that resulted in my having to do battery pulls at embarrassing or frustrating times of the day.

Last night, after having enough of .90 and it's random reboots, I finally did a wipe with JLcmder and reinstalled the official .75. I have to say that .75 is definitely the most stable OS out there right now.

I know now why Verizon has postponed releasing any of the other OS's. Since installing .75, I have had 0 memory loss. Still at 43.1mb. Yes, my camera is buggy, but my BB messenger doesn't lock up anymore, my media player is fast like it used to be, and my Suretype works like it is supposed to.

The only reason I am posting this, is to encourage those who are frustrated with their leaked OS, to go ahead and downgrade back to .75... Life on .75 is pretty darn good.
    Wise man. I did this this past week. I'm content with it also. Glad my stereo bluetooth works for video again.
    01-26-09 03:17 PM
    The stability of .75 is much more critical than minimal improvements in speed with the other OS version. I have done the same as freebirds. I am back to .75 and I can trust that my BB execute everything when I call on it!
    01-26-09 03:20 PM
    been on .75 since Day 1, just waiting for the next official.
    01-26-09 03:20 PM
    Same here. Tried .90, to many reboots. Went back to the slower but definitely more stable .75.
    01-26-09 03:23 PM
    Makes sense. I am back to .86 because .90 was just too buggy with my phone. .86 has been consistently stable for me, but if it starts to act up I will just go back to .75, a very stable build and see what comes next.

I am not sure why there are so many complaints about bugs in a leaked beta OS. If it works and you like the features then keep it. If you cannot tolerate the way it works with your phone, then go to the OS that works best for you.
    01-26-09 04:09 PM
    .75 seems so far back, I forgot why I upgraded to .85!!!! what are the known issues, if any, with .75? I have given myself 48 hours with .90 and am on the last 24....
    01-26-09 04:26 PM
    The biggest issues I have with .75 are video camera freeze, requiring battery pull, and ridiculous lagtime on the camera. All basic functions are fine. Some memory leakage, but this may be caused by the programs I have installed -- Weatherbug, Flycast, etc. Battery life has continued to improve over time, strangely enough. It's excellent now.
    01-26-09 04:53 PM
    I agree, I've been browsing the forum for a couple of weeks now looking at different issues with the non official updates; that's enough for me to make me stay with the official updates.
    01-26-09 04:58 PM
    After experimenting with all the latest Beta OS leaks... and having nothing but major headaches with .90... I can most definitely say .75 is the way to go (although I did eventually decided to stay with .86 for now).
    01-26-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD