• One or Two?

26 55.32%
  • Three?

4 8.51%
  • OVER 9000 !!!!

6 12.77%
  • The world may never know...

11 23.40%
    The title was supposed to be Lies and wasted time.. Sigh.. Canadian dictionaries.

Ok, it seems that a few more people have responded to my "What storm are you on Poll. Currently the numbers of people who have had to return are EQUAL to the number who are on #1.

I realize that on any "help forum" the automatic sampling bias will be towards people with problems, but doesn't that strike ANYONE as odd?

Since I know that there are a lot more people who are on phone number 2, 3, etc than have voted... I went through just page one of the Rant/Rave board and found the following people who are on various iterations of the storm.

Bigdog353 CowboyL1fe Hanano17 nshorvath rsarno stonyman72 yamaha537 stormfront
    nemesis91101 SleepyTheDon GMac0011 avca07 BBartist's Raven2260 maddie1128 TrojanChick99
    douglaswilson accce NuclearPigeon David522 jkrubi cmp1032 graymulligan Acorn* getting_the_storm*
    Mathwiz1991 alan8385 soulesschild loslwm randydrama77 keyser.soze jlank Cane2020 MPSmith zoli10
    rsx_fan2003 Jaysus_Cutler6 dv310p3r changal elvonna Evil_Sports Vic0645 Pagan1530* SaMaster14 w_cohen* lilmoney30 TruPolishPride Jononez1*

sbudaj Rooster tug_slug parkingphi Ricky Roma matharris04 Steve112 zenit
    GrapeChic markscns Armed Tank dani617 asmallchild

Sooks saavedrajs Beagles Rule Train13

Rick1000 Jsntrenkler

6!
    runner66

That's 60+ people who are NOT on their first storm... just here alone? and SEVEN who are on their 4th or MORE Storms!

As I said, I realize that sampling bias will skew towards problems, but this is statistically significant when you realize that CB forum probably only attracts a miniscule % of the overall customer population.

Just thought I would throw that out there, because I am ADD and OCD and... the kids are tired of playing Wii with me.

*Denotes user who left Storm altogether.

*** I'll keep adding to my lists as I find them.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 01-04-09 at 04:37 PM.
    01-01-09 04:32 PM
    I'm going to link the thread I started with this one. This is what I have been saying and this anecdotal evidence strengthens my arguement.

Good post and VERY telling of the bigger picture. The fan boys will be here shortly debating the facts : )

*I won't be on my computer jdoc until tommorow perhaps you can link it?*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 07:13 PM
    Consider it done!
    01-01-09 08:21 PM
    Consider it done!
    Thanks Doc. I'm on my iPod touch no copy and pasting links.
    01-01-09 09:09 PM
    As of this morning.. there about 20 people to add to various parts of this list..including a new dubious distinction.

We have our first reported "I'm on my sixth Storm"
    01-03-09 03:37 PM
    If it helps, I requested a replacement but returned it.

Manufactured on 12/22/08 but still garbage.

Stuck with my original made on 12/2/08 (also from Canada) and it's really been nearly perfect.
    01-03-09 04:03 PM
    I received my 2nd Storm yesterday. First returned due to battery problem (held charge 8 hours), minor screen prob (bottom didn't click quite as well as the rest) and general slowness.

2nd storm has none of those issues. It was manufactured I think 12/24 in Mexico.
    01-03-09 04:26 PM
    Why not just add this info to your existing thread?
    01-03-09 04:32 PM
    As I said, I realize that sampling bias will skew towards problems, but this is statistically significant when you realize that CB forum probably only attracts a miniscule % of the overall customer population.
    This may be off topic, but I shudder to think that there are storm users out there without CB's guidance to help them make the most of their phones.

01-03-09 04:46 PM
    As of this morning.. there about 20 people to add to various parts of this list..including a new dubious distinction.

We have our first reported "I'm on my sixth Storm"
    thats just insane lol.

This is the best theatre in town right now. "The Shiat Storm has devasted users around the globe with a myriad of hardware and software problems story at 11"

On a very serious note though. I cannot even begin to imagine the numbers of people returning this device with a bad taste in their mouth.

CB is only a small sampling of a bigger problem. I can only imagine the infighting going on with both RIM and VZW. Some people lost their jobs over this whole thing.
    01-03-09 04:53 PM
    Since this is my last day before spending the month in Trauma... I thought I would share with you the inspiration for the "Over 9000" poll choice if you aren't already familiar. (Google the original dragon ball Z too) My son made me watch this over 9000 times!

I have enjoyed poking fun at the Storm and all the "friends" I have made this past week, both Storm skeptics and Storm lovers alike. In time (and with a better build QC) it will be what it should be. Till then...

Good luck...and be well!

01-04-09 11:15 PM
    Peace Jdoc. Some Storm users may even end up in your trauma center.

Take care of that Kimber CDP

01-04-09 11:56 PM
    I'm on my second, just for the list

01-17-09 06:00 PM
    Three for me.
    01-17-09 06:03 PM
    Wow I never intended to revive THIS thread, .. BUT...

For those who think that forum polls are the shiz.... take this one for example.

38 respondents.

21 people voted for 2+ (let's just split this as 11 for 1 Storm, 10 for 2 storms)
    ... that's 10 people in the "it takes 2+ storms to get a working one"

3 people voted for 3+

4 voted for over 9000

and 10 voted for "the world may never know."

By definition, "The world may never know is in the >3 category, but with so many heads in the sand, we will just call this one 50/50 and say this is another 5 in the >3 category.

So the results...

We could analyze this as a 4 point Likert scale but ... anyway..

22/38 respondents think that it takes more than 1 storm to get a working one.

Wow, maybe there IS Something to this forum poll thing...

Not.
    01-17-09 06:42 PM
    Ouch! That hurts....somebody call me a doctor.

I'm waiting for the but but but crowd.

Hopefully they will keep it civil so this doesn't get shut down.

Off topic doc I think Hawse was posing as cereal-killer.

01-17-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD