so i posted earlier about a problem i was having trying to update my gf's os....she currently has .122 from bell which i installed and i had the same one on my phone....now on mine all i did was connect it to my computer, load up the desktop manager and click update software and i showed me all the os including the .122 i was running and the new .148 so i just chose .148 and i followed the steps and about 10min later it was all done...i did the same for her and it didnt work....it just said no updates available for this phone....whats going on??? it wouldnt even let me back up her phone and her 3rd party apps....than i went to the blackberry website and followed the prompts and it opened up the app loader and this is what is said...."you cannot update your software using this system as your device is currently activated on blackberry enterprise server or blackberry professional software. please contact your administrator for updates. or check for updates from your carrier service provider"....what does that mean??? help us out!!! u guys are smart and good at figuring things out...thanks
    05-31-09 11:59 PM
    Does your GF get corporate e-mail on her BB?? If so then you'll have to contact her IT dept and wait for them to push it or update it??

People (even without corporate e-mail) have been having this problem all day since the OS was released.

Are you guys both on VZW?
    06-01-09 12:08 AM
    Hmm. It could be PIN interference. Does she have her own DM? If so try loading from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:10 AM
    ok i got it work finally....i just left the window open that gave me that message and than i hit the check for updates button again and this time it said that my apploader had to be updated and i did just that and than when i hit the check updates button again on the blackberry website it worked fine and gave me the option to update....now my only question is this...since i cant backup the phone or 3rd party apps will she lose all that or is it just taking a chance???
    06-01-09 12:45 AM
    It should be fine, but just in case, do you not have it backed up from sometime before?
    06-01-09 01:01 AM
    nope........
    06-01-09 01:06 AM
    Hmm. It could be PIN interference. Does she have her own DM? If so try loading from there.

That doesn't matter, I did both mine and my mom's on my laptop. No issues.
    06-01-09 01:49 AM
    I had do the samething leave the window open

06-01-09 01:59 AM
    Normally when upgrading (or downgrading for that matter) the DM or apploader will back up the information on the phone and then restore it. If it cannot restore it, it will tell you and create a backup file normally located in your documents folder. Unless you completely wipe the phone before installing, everything should be backed up and restored.
    06-01-09 05:15 AM
    It won't back up any 3rd party apps......
    However it will make a file in My Documents called BackupLoader. This should be a backup of the device.
    06-01-09 05:50 AM
    It won't back up any 3rd party apps......
    However it will make a file in My Documents called BackupLoader. This should be a backup of the device.
    Actually, if you are going through the BlackBerry website and using the App Loader that pops up, it WILL "backup" and replace your 3rd party apps. All you have to do is going into the list of things to be added to the phone during the upgrade, and your 3rd party apps should be listed, too. It backed up and restored absolutely everything on my husband's phone.
    06-01-09 08:19 AM
    I use apploader all the time and it backs up and restores my 3rd party apps. DM may be a different story though. So I suggest using apploader in the future.

06-01-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD