Its called RANTS and raves. Now shut up already. This phone has major problems and just because you don't see em doesn't mean they're not there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't read the R&R sub-forum. Many of these complaints trickle into the OS Discussion and Owners Lounge.

I understand the phone has problems but you have to realize that this is the first generation storm and it's not going to be perfect. I accepted that fact when I bought this device.

In comparison, even the first generation iPiece had problems! Those guys can't even send MMS and the 3G version only recently gained this ability. The guys who bought the iPhone when it was initially released are in the dark.

I will admit that may opinion may be a little skewed, specifically because I had a LG P.O.S. prior to the Storm. I was not "spoiled" by BB yet...but I am now.
    Last edited by wicked.lester; 05-18-09 at 07:56 PM.
    05-18-09 07:54 PM
    Oh give me a break! The reason there are so many people complaining about this phone is because its a piece of crap. No software updates for 5 months? Whatever you want to say about the iPhone, at least they tried. RIM and Verizon just 'leak' OS's to test them out and leak information about a new OS version just to keep users at bay. No I didnt expect a perfect new release phone. I did expect them to make strides to fix the problems not to come out and say buggy is the new us. 30 days? Give me a break. Some of us have work to do and cant spend all our time loading guinea pig software, reloading software, and spending countless hours on the forum to figure out how to get a useless device to work. yes I guess if you want an mp3 player then this phone is the boss. If you want something functional? Good luck with the storm. Dont compain about people expecting a functional phone - new release or not. If they had marketed this thing as a random rebooting, slow to respond, irritating touch screen piece of junk then maybe people would have know what they were really borrowing.

Lets see what all the Storm toy owners think when they need to dial 911 and the phone is rebooting. Just love that white screen...
    05-19-09 08:51 AM
    Some of us have work to do and cant spend all our time loading guinea pig software, reloading software, and spending countless hours on the forum to figure out how to get a useless device to work.

Lets see what all the Storm toy owners think when they need to dial 911 and the phone is rebooting. Just love that white screen...
    :'( :'(

First of all, do you know how to read? I have not spent that long in the forums figuring out how to use this phone. Its pretty simple and usually involves clicking a few buttons. MIND BOGGLING.

This is ignorant. My phone MIGHT reset two times a week. You act like it resets every 4 minutes.

Learn how to use your phone or go cry somewhere else. OK?
    05-19-09 10:32 AM
    :'( :'(

First of all, do you know how to read? I have not spent that long in the forums figuring out how to use this phone. Its pretty simple and usually involves clicking a few buttons. MIND BOGGLING.

This is ignorant. My phone MIGHT reset two times a week. You act like it resets every 4 minutes.

Learn how to use your phone or go cry somewhere else. OK?
    I've had less than 5 reboots since i got the damn thing... through mannny OS iterations.

Really makes me wonder if people are literally throwing their phone on the floor and urinating all over them asking why they're having problems with the device all the while. It's unbelievable! We are dealing with a new breed of moron here. I think some of the iphone crowd got lured in by the charms of Blackberry and are insulted to find out that it's not an iphone at all!

The other group are the elitist veteran BB users that are so enamoured with a physical keyboard it seems to have blinded them from figuring out that a touch screen WILL NOT BEHAVE LIKE THEIR OLD GHETTO TRACKBALL BB...

This place is like visiting a techie circus. The clowns are NOT funny
    05-19-09 10:45 AM
    I've had less than 5 reboots since i got the damn thing... through mannny OS iterations.

It's unbelievable! We are dealing with a new breed of moron here. I think some of the iphone crowd got lured in by the charms of Blackberry and are insulted to find out that it's not an iphone at all!
    My thoughts exactly! You hit the nail right on the head.

This group is almost as bad as playing Halo 3 on X-Box Live. Lots and lots of whining from 11 year old children who learned a few potty words from their homeboys at school.

Really makes me wonder if people are literally throwing their phone on the floor and urinating all over them asking why they're having problems with the device all the while.
    Situations such as these typically involve alcohol. However; regarding the aforementioned group; this may be a possibility.

The other group are the elitist veteran BB users that are so enamoured with a physical keyboard it seems to have blinded them from figuring out that a touch screen WILL NOT BEHAVE LIKE THEIR OLD GHETTO TRACKBALL BB...
    But at least this group has some sophistication and don't cry too much about it. They usually portray the situation in disappointment instead of complete disgust.
    05-19-09 02:47 PM
    lol all truths.

isn't it sad that we are starting to expect these kinds of attitudes around here?
    05-19-09 03:32 PM
    I don't read the R&R sub-forum. Many of these complaints trickle into the OS Discussion and Owners Lounge.

I understand the phone has problems but you have to realize that this is the first generation storm and it's not going to be perfect. I accepted that fact when I bought this device.

In comparison, even the first generation iPiece had problems! Those guys can't even send MMS and the 3G version only recently gained this ability. The guys who bought the iPhone when it was initially released are in the dark.

I will admit that may opinion may be a little skewed, specifically because I had a LG P.O.S. prior to the Storm. I was not "spoiled" by BB yet...but I am now.
    I used an enV2 for years prior to the Storm and im extremely unimpressed. The phone can do many things, but barely. And so what if the iPhone had problems...it didnt take em this long to fix them. When it gets to a point where you're phone shuts off in your holster, randomly reboots...although I admit it hasnt happened in a while, misses phone calls, drops phone calls, and lags horribly when typing, and you have no way to fix it...then there is obviously a serious problem there. Its been over half a year and we have yet to see anything good come out of this device.
    05-19-09 03:45 PM
    I used an enV2 for years prior to the Storm and im extremely unimpressed. The phone can do many things, but barely. And so what if the iPhone had problems...it didnt take em this long to fix them. When it gets to a point where you're phone shuts off in your holster, randomly reboots...although I admit it hasnt happened in a while, misses phone calls, drops phone calls, and lags horribly when typing, and you have no way to fix it...then there is obviously a serious problem there. Its been over half a year and we have yet to see anything good come out of this device.
    wait wat.

Theyre STILL fixing iphone bugs and shortcomings!!! AND the released a revision of the hardware almost immediately!

There are tons of os hybrids and tons of leaks! Whether they're the greatest or not, how many other phones even have that OPTION!?
    05-19-09 04:51 PM
    I'd just like to register my complaint about the complainers complaining about those who complain about the complaining going on about the Storm.
    Last edited by Dragon_; 05-19-09 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Bolded!
    05-19-09 04:58 PM
    wait wat.

Theyre STILL fixing iphone bugs and shortcomings!!! AND the released a revision of the hardware almost immediately!

There are tons of os hybrids and tons of leaks! Whether they're the greatest or not, how many other phones even have that OPTION!?
    But these "bugs" on the iPhone are minimal compared to what people are getting on their storms. And the only reason we have that option is because a lot of people are that desperate to have their device work properly...otherwise if it did...none of us would care.
    05-19-09 05:05 PM
    I'd just like to register my complaint about the complainers complaining about those who complain about the complaining going on about the Storm.
    we heard you before you bolded the text

But these "bugs" on the iPhone are minimal compared to what people are getting on their storms. And the only reason we have that option is because a lot of people are that desperate to have their device work properly...otherwise if it did...none of us would care.
    There are a LOTTTT of phones with a LOTTT of bugs and a lot of people complaining that still don't have this kind of freedom with their device. Just because the demand is there, doesnt mean the device facilitates it. Imagine if we had to jailbreak our phones just to get video recording and themes?

PS there are many many many of us out there with storms that barely even see the issues you complain about. (some are still using .75 and are quite happy ) My phone has rebooted less than a half dozen times since i got it. I don't do battery pulls. Just because we dont go screaming and whining on message boards doesnt mean we're not out there. It is unfortunate that your experience has been rough though, and your complaints are totally valid. I'm just saying it's always greener on the other side
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-19-09 at 05:17 PM.
    05-19-09 05:10 PM
    we heard you before you bolded the text

There are a LOTTTT of phones with a LOTTT of bugs and a lot of people complaining that still don't have this kind of freedom with their device. Just because the demand is there, doesnt mean the device facilitates it. Imagine if we had to jailbreak our phones just to get video recording and themes?

PS there are many many many of us out there with storms that barely even see the issues you complain about. My phone has rebooted less than a half dozen times since i got it. I don't do battery pulls. Just because we dont go screaming and whining on message boards doesnt mean we're not out there
    You're obviously referring to the iphone, and for one, it wasnt advertised to have a video camera and support for themes. In fact, Jailbreaking the iPhone only added tons of features people could only dream of! In the case of the Storm, hybrids etc only make it work how it was supposed to...and yet still fail. Yes there are plenty of devices with plenty of bugs, but my point is that most of those devices suffer from bugs that arent anywhere near as bad as the Storms. Apparantly not everyone suffers from dropped calls, missed calls, etc. and thats part of the problem. Those same people come on this forum and do nothing but bash the ones who do because in their eyes the device is perfectly fine somehow. And for you to say that im "screaming and whining" is just plain ignorant, because no matter how coherent someone is with their complaints, some airhead always comes in and posts the same thing. You're just another one of those people it seems...
    05-19-09 05:21 PM
    You're obviously referring to the iphone, and for one, it wasnt advertised to have a video camera and support for themes. In fact, Jailbreaking the iPhone only added tons of features people could only dream of! In the case of the Storm, hybrids etc only make it work how it was supposed to...and yet still fail. Yes there are plenty of devices with plenty of bugs, but my point is that most of those devices suffer from bugs that arent anywhere near as bad as the Storms. Apparantly not everyone suffers from dropped calls, missed calls, etc. and thats part of the problem. Those same people come on this forum and do nothing but bash the ones who do because in their eyes the device is perfectly fine somehow. And for you to say that im "screaming and whining" is just plain ignorant, because no matter how coherent someone is with their complaints, some airhead always comes in and posts the same thing. You're just another one of those people it seems...
    Where did I say you were screaming and whining? I merely said that there are those of us who do NOT. If you assumed I was referring to you, then I apologize

However, the funny thing about perspectives is that different ones DO exist! Your perspective differs from mine. That's life. I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with your purchase. But this does by no means mean empirically that the phone is "broken" or a "failure"

I'm merely refuting the points you seem to claim as fact, stating that there are experiences outside of your own.
    05-19-09 05:53 PM
    Where did I say you were screaming and whining? I merely said that there are those of us who do NOT. If you assumed I was referring to you, then I apologize

However, the funny thing about perspectives is that different ones DO exist! Your perspective differs from mine. That's life. I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with your purchase. But this does by no means mean empirically that the phone is "broken" or a "failure"

I'm merely refuting the points you seem to claim as fact, stating that there are experiences outside of your own.
    Well then sorry for taking it that way, but it came across that way. Its an extremely inconsistent device..ive never seen anything like it. Thats not a good look at all. So its more than just a matter of perspective when we install the same update and end up with completely different results.
    05-19-09 06:26 PM
    The underlying problem here is that the Storm fanboys have redefined the word "bugs" and put it into a generalized category.

For example:

let's say somebody was stabbed 100 times, beat with a baseball bat and dismembered. Most people would say the victim was slaughtered to death.

The fanboys would say the victim was killed.

Perhaps we need to come up with a new word for MANY BUGS.

Bugalicious?

05-19-09 06:33 PM
    The underlying problem here is that the Storm fanboys have redefined the word "bugs" and put it into a generalized category.

For example:

let's say somebody was stabbed 100 times, beat with a baseball bat and dismembered. Most people would say the victim was slaughtered to death.

Bugalicious?

LMFAO!!!
    05-19-09 06:35 PM
    Same update maybe... Perhaps different install process...perhaps different potentially conflicting software on our PCs that interfere with the installation process...

Perhaps different third party apps... Different networks. Different carrier based apps...

Many potential variables. Who knows.

05-19-09 06:35 PM

For example:

Bugalicious?

Hahah do we also need a new term for catasrophic user error and begrudged haters who loiter in storm forums?

Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-19-09 at 06:40 PM.
    05-19-09 06:37 PM
    Same update maybe... Perhaps different install process...perhaps different potentially conflicting software on our PCs that interfere with the installation process...

Perhaps different third party apps... Different networks. Different carrier based apps...

Many potential variables. Who knows.

Well slap me across the face and call me Sally then! If those are all whats causing the inconsistency, then RIM has a much larger problem to take care of!
    05-19-09 06:41 PM
    Well slap me across the face and call me Sally then! If those are all whats causing the inconsistency, then RIM has a much larger problem to take care of!
    Hahaha yea man its called JAVA

05-19-09 06:44 PM
    Well then sorry for taking it that way, but it came across that way. Its an extremely inconsistent device..ive never seen anything like it. Thats not a good look at all. So its more than just a matter of perspective when we install the same update and end up with completely different results.
    It is very unfortunate that your experience has been different for ours. My phone rarely resets, it dropped the first and only call today, and the call is quality fine. Perhaps consider an insurance claim? I don't know what to tell you.

Another comment....I would like to stop hearing people refer the Storm as "the iPhone killer." Yes, I think you can say that RIM has targeted the same market as the iPhone. But it simply is different.

My analogy - the Storm is kind of like the mullet of Smartphones: Business on one end, party on the other. Some mullets are pretty awesome, some aren't. I apologize for this statement ahead of time.

This phone really does some awesome things. Apps are starting to get better and will more than likely continue to do so.
    05-19-09 06:47 PM
    Hahaha I love it

One is the jesusphone

The other is the mulletphone

Lol that's just awesome

05-19-09 06:55 PM
    Hahah do we also need a new term for begrudged haters who loiter in storm forums?

NO. Troll makes me feel very sexy and much desired.

Add some colorful adjectives to it maybe?

05-19-09 07:02 PM
    Hahaha ummm rainbow troll? Blingin troll? Trolly mc troll? My little troly? GI trolll? Thunder trolls? Damnit now the word troll has lost all meaning ...

Well played sir, well played
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-19-09 at 07:23 PM.
    05-19-09 07:20 PM
    I'm glad you're having a great time with your Storm, but you can't be that oblivious to this phone's problems and why people are upset with it. Those of us who've had it from day one believed that at some point the software would be "officially" updated after .75 because as we all know .75 is pretty damn slow, somewhat buggy, and somewhat unreliable (from personal experience).

Consider that we were led to believe:

1.) The speed on the Storm from the commercial was possible.

2.) A software update would make this happen and make the phone worth the $200 price tag on top of the new data fees we were acquiring with VZW (not to mention 2 more years).

3.) That the Storm was a raging success. Which in terms of sales it was (I think), only RIM and VZW do not disclose information on how many handsets were returned so we really won't know exactly how many Storms are out there.

4.) That a software update was "on the way." Ask any Verizon rep and yeah they don't know jack really, but they have been trained to say, "its on the way." How do I know this? My best friend's teacher's personal trainer's sister's mother works for Verizon

All in all how can you really wonder why people are upset? They feel deserted. They bought a product that was admittedly a failure in terms of ease of use/speed/reliability. I'll give you one horror story I've had with my phone. Back in January I was in the middle of a call and my Storm crashed. I did a battery pull and the phone restarted, only when it did, I was unable to make calls because it claimed VZW didn't recognize my phone's registry or whatever. I called customer support from the handset and asked them to register my phone. They couldn't do it. They asked me to get to a Verizon store or call from another phone because they couldn't do it while on the line with me, they claimed it was an "issue that only tech support can fix." Mind you, this happened at 11pm while waiting for a friend in the street. When my friend showed up I used her phone and got the problem fixed, but that's beside the point.

This phone has issues that have not been addressed publicly by Verizon or RIM. And don't give me that garbage about putting a leak on my phone. I shouldn't have to do that and RIM/VZW specifically tell you that this voids the warranty. So in essence they tell you something "is on the way" and then advise you not to upgrade to a leak because it voids the warranty. Am I missing something?

Not to mention clickscreen issues, dust clouding the display, memory leaks etc., the list goes on just look at the threads on this site. Anyway, rant over. Glad you're enjoying your Storm.
    Last edited by Grammar Police; 05-19-09 at 07:37 PM.
    05-19-09 07:32 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD