Heh, well after reading what The Boy Genious reported about there details that they got from there insiders about the Storm 2, how and what to you guys think this screen will be like?

Assuming if we purchased it when it came out. Would we have to bust out some felt pads for a "better" click. How about the old Business card trick behind the battery? WAIT.................to make things even BETTER......................How about we bust out our Handy TORX T6 Screwdrivers and just go directly to Verizon with it when it comes out. We purchase it right there, open the box up in front of them. And Take that screwdrivier out to make adjustments assuming it might have T6 Screws in it also.

I just figured we put a thread out there to get peoples opinions on it. So what would be so TRUE about Truepress, if thats what its called? Surepress is nice, but Im not to SURE about it because most of us have to make adjustments just for it to do what its intended to do. Im on my replacement now and the screen is a lot better quality wise. It doesnt hardly move around at all, and doesnt have the black shadows at the bottem where the hard Buttons are. Which my last Storm had all of that. But..........the good ol Surepress on this one is a lot diffrent. It clicks very lightly. Ive tried Feltpads, business card trick, and Tork screw fix. The felt pad basically stopped the screen from even clicking and I cut it really thin. The Business Card trick did absoulutly NOTHING. And the Torx fix, well, after hours of messing with it, the phone basically feels and clicks the way it did when I bought it. Which is a lot weaker then my original. But ill just live with it. So im wondering how this "Truepress" will actually stack up. Im sure it will be another Clicky screen. Not sure how good though. Thoughts...........Anyone?
    04-06-09 09:14 PM
    Oh yeah I almost forgot, the good all Dust getting in the screen. Gotta love that right there. Will Truepress be a solid piece? or a double slap like the Surepress? hmmmm......
    04-06-09 09:30 PM
    what is truepress?
    04-06-09 09:44 PM
    what is truepress?
    Truepress is supposedly what RIM will be calling the Storm 2's Technology.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 09:52 PM
    The storm 2 looks like it will be amazing! Better touchscreen, wi-fi and perhaps a 5.0 mexapixel camera? Maybe enough to not make me switch over to the niagara
    04-06-09 09:52 PM
    Lol. Possibly. But the Niagara looks awesome. Looks like ill have a phone for every week when they come out lol

04-06-09 09:57 PM
    Six months I've haven't done any moding to my screen its perfect not even a spec of dust.

04-06-09 10:30 PM
    The storm 2 looks like it will be amazing! Better touchscreen, wi-fi and perhaps a 5.0 mexapixel camera? Maybe enough to not make me switch over to the niagara
    Nope, still going to the Niagara lol. Then, maybe, I'll go back to the Storm 2 hahaa
    04-06-09 10:35 PM
    Nope, still going to the Niagara lol. Then, maybe, I'll go back to the Storm 2 hahaa
    I aint mad atcha lol. If the Storm stays true to the Click Screen and they put maybe a bigger WIDER button on the bottem to make it CLICK loudly and easily, that right there would be platinum in our hand
    04-06-09 10:38 PM
    The Storm 2 will **** me off so bad if it comes out in september. I kind of hope that what Radio and CX (possibly) said is true and there isn't a storm 2 in the works. Sorry for being selfish lol
    04-07-09 12:23 AM
    "Assuming if we purchased it when it came out. Would we have to bust out some felt pads for a "better" click. How about the old Business card trick behind the battery? WAIT.................to make things even BETTER......................How about we bust out our Handy TORX T6 Screwdrivers and just go directly to Verizon with it when it comes out. We purchase it right there, open the box up in front of them. And Take that screwdrivier out to make adjustments assuming it might have T6 Screws in it also. ?:-)"

Huh?

04-07-09 01:07 AM
    "Assuming if we purchased it when it came out. Would we have to bust out some felt pads for a "better" click. How about the old Business card trick behind the battery? WAIT.................to make things even BETTER......................How about we bust out our Handy TORX T6 Screwdrivers and just go directly to Verizon with it when it comes out. We purchase it right there, open the box up in front of them. And Take that screwdrivier out to make adjustments assuming it might have T6 Screws in it also. ?:-)"

Huh?

LOL. Havent been around the Storm Forum since the first days huh?
    04-07-09 01:14 AM
    I was just thinking about this Surpess/Truepress thing after digesting the storm 2 photos and have my theory.

First off I really like Surepress, I think it's clicktastic.

The only thing that is annoying about it is the when you are trying to click fast, usually when typing, and the button has not reset when you get to the next press. Your expect this nice click and you get nothing and it messes you up. You learn to develop a rhythm and type like your beating on a drum but this does cause a limitation on typing.

I theorize Trupress will address this issue. How you ask? by having at least two clickable buttons supporting the screen. Not sure if it would be two or four, the issue being if it would support typing in portrait and landscape. I don't think the issue happens so much in portrait, at least in my case I generally use portrait when I use one hand so the click speed is not an issue.

Basically if you have a clickable button on each side you could click with one hand (thumb) and still click the other side of the screen with your other hand with out having to worry if the button had unclicked first. I can only imaging if pulled off well that this would improve the typing experience on the storm significantly. It would probably also make the reliability of the clicking, such as how well it clicks on the edges of the screen, better.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 05-15-09 at 09:41 AM.
    05-15-09 09:38 AM
    The pictures show a 3 megapixel camera and I highly doubt about wifi either. Better touchscreen? I doubt that either.

About Truepress vs Surepress....I believe I read an article by Lazaridis once mentioning that there will be no difference other than what it will be called.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-15-09 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Content moderation
    05-15-09 10:20 AM
    Too bad when they flipped the picture over it showed a 3.2 mega pixel.....I was wondering that too but I was severely let down
    05-15-09 10:50 AM
    Basically if you have a clickable button on each side you could click with one hand (thumb) and still click the other side of the screen with your other hand with out having to worry if the button had unclicked first.
    Correct me if I am not understanding your thought process but would that not require a screen split in two? You would essentially want the screen to be split in half so that I could be holding down the right side of the screen and mashing the left side of the screen...much like I did on the original NES in SMB 1 when I would hold down the 'B' button to run constantly and mash the 'A' button to jump with the other part of my thumb.

(Waits while the nostalgia washes over everyone...ahhhhh... )

Perhaps if the screen was of a more flexible material and not the glass/hard plastic it is now that could work. With the current screen you would need it to be split into two pieces, it is not flexible enough as it IMO.
    05-15-09 10:54 AM
    there will BE NO WIFI on this guys..!
    05-15-09 10:58 AM
    I aint mad atcha lol. If the Storm stays true to the Click Screen and they put maybe a bigger WIDER button on the bottem to make it CLICK loudly and easily, that right there would be platinum in our hand
    The loud click hinders normally silent and clandestine ninja activities. Maybe an audible sound to enable/disable in the settings so I can go about my way unnoticed in the shadows?
    05-15-09 10:59 AM
    The loud click hinders normally silent and clandestine ninja activities. Maybe an audible sound to enable/disable in the settings so I can go about my way unnoticed in the shadows?
    You raise an excellent point. I think that silent storming would be a great thing...
    05-15-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD