05-19-09 11:55 AM
105 ... 2345
tools
    well now, if you want to bash Verizon, let me cut in line will you.
    they have a 30 day return policy, and from what i hear, there is NO grace period, period.
    If you bought the phone between launch and dec 15 then you have until jan 15 to return it. If you bought it after you still have 30 days to get it back which is on or about Jan 15. Return it in this period and there is no restocking fee. I bought it about 7 days go and returned last night. No fee. Went back to my curve. For those on here that understand this kinda crap, storm hardware=EPIC FAIL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 07:51 AM
    it's funny if you have legit problems... AND if you talk about them = just a "Rant and Rave". If these people don't talk about it it can't be fixed.
    01-03-09 07:52 AM
    i have a background in electronics and have owned blackberries, iphone ( 1st gen ) many many windows devices and i love blackberries the most. i had the 8830 and then the 8330.. i got the Storm when it came out and know how blackberries work and how they should perform. with that said

here is an example of the problems ive had and opinions and statements about the phone.

im on my 2nd replacement and i wish i would of just returned the phone and went back to my curve on sprint before the 30 day period was up.

the accelerometer doesn't know what its doing. my phone is constantly stuck in a side view mode when its perfectly up straight.

it turns off randomly.

the keyboard is not calibrated correctly. often ill type something and its pressing another key

its beyond ridiculous i have to keep a cut up business card behind my battery for the screen to click right

the sounds ( alerts etc ) randomly stop working

the phone is dead or near dead before 1 pm

it slows down to a crawl when ever its receiving data.

the phone is slow and the fade effects are horrible bandaid at trying to make it look cool and smooth

the browser is SLOW

visual voicemail constantly stops working ( now i just press check for new messages )

its pretty dumb i have to have a 3rd party screen lock application just to be able to make a call with out muting it or doing many other stupid things ( yes i hold the phone with my cheeks sometimes but guess what. im not going to hold it lightly and have it fall and drop and break )

and theres more but i dont care anymore.. i was hoping a software update would make the phone work better but its more than apparent Verizon is going to put them out nice and slow and simply reject peoples claims to get a replacement phone because in fact they are all crap.

i really dont care to see anyones reply sticking up for the phone. i have 5 friends with the phone and we all have the same problems.. you are a crack addict in denial if you think this phone is ready for prime time.
    I've had mine since day one and have None of these issues. not a fanboy by any means. Just telling it like it is for me. no issues other than initial OS related bugs and since I'm on .85 I'm pretty darn pleased with it. It will only get better over time.
    01-03-09 07:58 AM
    These group therapy sessions are nice, aren't they?
    01-03-09 08:01 AM
    LoL yeap.. If a fanboy can't admit there are issues with the phone then they are just kidding themselves. hopefully the Trouble Bubble screen will last the test of time!

That being said my phone has problems, is laggy doesn't know what side is up when coming out of my pocket. And has a VERY hard time coming out of lock, up to 8 seconds sometimes. I just installed .85 and there are alot of steps forward that are good. But i got my first random reboot a few minutes after midnight.. so did a few others!!

Damn B#stard phone I still love it!!
    01-03-09 08:07 AM
    [QUOTE=loudsystem;1321951]

Verizon doesnt care anymore. many of the people are past the 30 day return mark and now tech support and stores are acting like complete ****** bags about all of the problems the phone has
    Dude, I agree the phone blows because of the hardware. But stop and read. No one is passed the return date until Jan 15.

01-03-09 08:08 AM
    Hardware issues? Mine is nearly perfect.
    01-03-09 08:13 AM
    Hardware issues? Mine is nearly perfect.
    You and about 3 other people got the good screen hardware.

01-03-09 08:21 AM
    mine hardware is perfect to

not including the gap around the screen
    not including the redicilous light bleed around the buttons(it's distracting at night!! and now it just highlights the DUST!)...

software wise is another story my software is also perfect...

just that it gets a little dizzy sometimes and doesn't know what side is up.
    just that it rebooted right after midnight new years, along with other peoples.
    just that it sometimes takes up to 8 seconds to come out of lock
    just that when i pick up a call the screen is about 10 seconds behind.
    just that i have to pull the battery because memory goes down to 0 (fixed with .85)
    just that i have to shake it like an 8 ball sometimes so it can get out of landscape.

other then that.. i love the phone
    01-03-09 08:31 AM
    cause most of us frustrated storm owners are ready to resort to violence
    ITT: BAWWWWW

Most of the storm owners really aren't that frustrated, because we realize there's a learning curve with all new equipment, and the memory issue was something a lot of us dealt with on the Curve. It's annoying, yes, but install softreset, reboot once every 2-3 days, and quit crying.

If you don't like it, you have until January 15th. If you say Verizon won't replace or swap out your phone, you sir, are a liar or have no idea how to talk to CSR's.

When I got my first storm replaced, Verizon offered me two choices: Replace my defective Storm or try a different phone. They offered me the Samsung Omnia personally, but I opted to keep the Storm.
    01-03-09 08:34 AM
    Coming from using an iPod Touch for over a year, I was pretty disappointed the first time I used the Storm in a Verizon store back in November. I was due for a phone upgrade, and had my sights set for a phone that could have similar functionally as my iPod in one solid device.

I waited a little while longer, and read about the Samsung Omnia, which was stated to be better than the Storm in many aspects. I visited the Verizon store once again to play with the Omnia, and it was UNUSABLE! It was slow, unresponsive, and very cramped. Another disappointment!

Knowing that a software update was released, I went to check the Storm one last time... and wow, what an improvement. After immediately using the Omnia, the Storm felt quick, confident, and practical. I ordered mine that day and have been satisfied ever since.

My Storm came preloaded with .75 (what I'm still using) and there are a few issues that I am having. First, the camera is extremely slow. Second, the video camera has locked my phone a couple times and is very unreliable. Lastly if the phone rings in landscape mode, I'll answer it and the screen goes blank... No keypad, no speaker options, nothing (just a blue screen).

Outside of these bugs, the phone has been running near flawlessly, and the hardware is holding up just fine.... I use this thing heavily at work. Just my experience.
    01-03-09 09:19 AM
    I have two storms in my house and anyone that says their storm works perfectly is one of the following:
    A. Not using the phone at all
    B. In denial
    C. Heavily sedated or self medicating
    As I said, I have 2 that were bought 3 weeks ago and both are running .85. They both have the same problems, which means everyone has the same problems unless you don’t have any apps running on your phone.

If you don’t use the phone much then the problems aren’t that great. If you do use the phone as a business tool and you have a busy day, the phone is a ******* joke with it’s present OS. I would like to meet the monkeys that test the OS’s before release… Idiots….
    01-03-09 09:34 AM
    I have two storms in my house and anyone that says their storm works perfectly is one of the following:
    B. In denial
    As I said, I have 2 that were bought 3 weeks ago and both are running .85. They both have the same problems, which means everyone has the same problems unless you donít have any apps running on your phone.

If you donít use the phone much then the problems arenít that great. If you do use the phone as a business tool and you have a busy day, the phone is a ******* joke with itís present OS. I would like to meet the monkeys that test the OSís before releaseÖ IdiotsÖ.
    My storm has a few problems but not enough to make me want to switch phones

01-03-09 09:47 AM
    Beside lack of reception my storm is perfect. No hardware issue. U should just go get a omni there u will have perfect phone.

01-03-09 09:50 AM
    B. In denial
    As I said, I have 2 that were bought 3 weeks ago and both are running .85. They both have the same problems, which means everyone has the same problems unless you donít have any apps running on your phone.

If you donít use the phone much then the problems arenít that great. If you do use the phone as a business tool and you have a busy day, the phone is a ******* joke with itís present OS. I would like to meet the monkeys that test the OSís before releaseÖ IdiotsÖ.
    thats how i feel
    01-03-09 10:06 AM
    B. In denial

I love this. Out of hundreds of thousands of phones, there can't be a Storm that works just fine anywhere. LOL! Guess Verizon and RIM will both be filing bankruptcy and shutting their doors soon.
    01-03-09 11:06 AM
    B. In denial

I am going to go buy a lottery ticket too... what are the odds that out of all the phones in Wardo's "testing" I got the only one with no problems.... So the message here is if your phone isn't broken or acting up, then the user is broken and acting up? That is a huge assumption to make considering all of the phones that are out and about.

Anyone want to meet me in Vegas?
    01-03-09 11:26 AM
    Honestly i dont have the problems listed in the first post at all.

• My browser is pretty fast, no compaints from me about it.
    • The accelerometer on mine does just as good if not better than my buddies iphone.
    • I never have to reset it/battery pull. Maybe once every 3 days becuase i want to, not because it froze.
    • I mess up while typing, its not the keyboard.
    • My sounds work as they should.
    • My "click" works very well on the entire screen including corners
    • I have very little dust, maybe 2-3 specs that are noticable.
    My only problems/complaints
    • Battery life could be better, i got around 2 days use with normal battery, but i bought the extended battery and now have 3-4 so that is no longer an issue.
    • when typing the keyboard like to dissappear every so often (1-2 times a day). Not sure why but i know others have stated it too. I sometimes cant go back to where i was typing without rotating the screen to portrait and back to landscape. Annoying but not a deal beaker by any means.
    All and all i would say mine is as flawless as it gets. My memory stay above 30 megs most of the time and it reacts snappy enough for me.

I know many others have many more problems but i think that there are many stories of ahppy people too that you dont hear from. After all most dont start threads stating how "their device works just as it should." You always hear from those that have issues and complain.
    01-03-09 12:50 PM
    I love this. Out of hundreds of thousands of phones, there can't be a Storm that works just fine anywhere. LOL! Guess Verizon and RIM will both be filing bankruptcy and shutting their doors soon.
    That's just what I am saying!!!lol the problems with the phone aren't hardware they are software and EVERYone has exactly the same firmware as i do. So yes, there is NOT a properly working BB Storm made...
    01-03-09 04:00 PM
    That's just what I am saying!!!lol the problems with the phone aren't hardware they are software and EVERYone has exactly the same firmware as i do. So yes, there is NOT a properly working BB Storm made...
    To the contrary, a casual glance at just the Crackberry forums reveals that Storms have been made in various locations by various groups.
    01-03-09 04:51 PM
    To the contrary, a casual glance at just the Crackberry forums reveals that Storms have been made in various locations by various groups.
    but the OS's are the same across the board arent they? I mean different releases and such, but if we all run .85, then we all have the same issues that .85 brings. Yes?

I think whats happening is that some of us are just not willing to tolerate, or settle for a phone that could/will/might be the best in 6 months. We paid for it now, we want it now.

ill give an example ... the fading in/out of apps. To me, this pisses me off and gives me the impression they are trying to hide the fact that the device is slow as sh*t. But to you, this might be fine .. might even be cool! And you are willing to keep that phone. But there are many more like me who dont like this (and many other things) enough that it frustrates us into returning it.

im not going to cry about it, i really do want a storm but i think i will just wait a bit longer.
    01-03-09 05:25 PM
    A tough crowd - to many of them I say BOO HOO! George Bush, Richard Chaney,
    Halliburton, Bill Gates, and now RIM and VZN are NOT responsible for yours
    and all the world's problems !

FLASH: There are TWO KINDS of STORMS: the ones we have and the
    ones we wish we could get. Our Storms, at least in the short term, will:

(0) NOT be cutting edge AND have zero problems;

(1) NOT have a thought entry channel;

(2) NOT instantaneously response to our requests;

(3) NOT perform flawlessly when loaded with an arbitrairly large
    number of unknown apps, some of which have not been re-designed
    expecially for the Storm;

(4) NOT have an infintesimally short learning curve.

(5) NOT make dissappear problems with the Weather, the Internet, and
    the design of every single Web Site.

As regards (1) above, stay tuned to a possible voice entry channel, via
    an app such as Vlingo. As a Mr. Monk type when it comes to touching my
    screen, I live for the day when I won't have to touch it ever again !
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-03-09 at 05:40 PM.
    01-03-09 05:37 PM
    A tough crowd - to many of them I say BOO HOO! George Bush, Richard Chaney,
    Halliburton, Bill Gates, and now RIM and VZN are NOT responsible for yours
    and all the world's problems !

FLASH: There are TWO KINDS of STORMS: the ones we have and the
    ones we wish we could get. Our Storms, at least in the short term, will:

(0) NOT be cutting edge AND have zero problems;

(1) NOT have a thought entry channel;

(2) NOT instantaneously response to our requests;

(3) NOT perform flawlessly when loaded with an arbitrairly large
    number of unknown apps, some of which have not been re-designed
    expecially for the Storm;

(4) NOT have an infintesimally short learning curve.

(5) NOT make dissappear problems with the Weather, the Internet, and
    the design of every single Web Site.

As regards (1) above, stay tuned to a possible voice entry channel, via
    an app such as Vlingo. As a Mr. Monk type when it comes to touching my
    screen, I live for the day when I won't have to touch it ever again !
    im kind of high on cough medicine right now, so im finding this one of the strangest posts i have read in a while
    01-03-09 08:59 PM
    I agree...stock OS was way to underdone. However, some of the newer OS (132 and 141) are very nice, and make the phone a whole lot better. I would like to see 3rd party apps not slow things up so much...its almost like its not meant to have any. kinda sux. all in all....good phone once it's tweaked a little
    05-19-09 02:13 AM
    Ok, so the clown comes in here opening with "let's have a SERIOUS discussion" and then proceeds to rant...
    Doesn't sound like OP knows how to use the phone very well. didn't have to read past this gem:

"the keyboard is not calibrated correctly. often ill type something and its pressing another key "

User error FTW!!!!!! Just because you can't accurately type doesn't mean the device is somehow "not calibrated" practice and learn how to type. Maybe phones aren't for you. Stick to carrier pigeons. Old school.

Worst rant ever. Buy an iphone and move on
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-19-09 at 10:28 AM.
    05-19-09 10:25 AM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD