i have a background in electronics and have owned blackberries, iphone ( 1st gen ) many many windows devices and i love blackberries the most. i had the 8830 and then the 8330.. i got the Storm when it came out and know how blackberries work and how they should perform. with that said

here is an example of the problems ive had and opinions and statements about the phone.

im on my 2nd replacement and i wish i would of just returned the phone and went back to my curve on sprint before the 30 day period was up.

the accelerometer doesn't know what its doing. my phone is constantly stuck in a side view mode when its perfectly up straight.

it turns off randomly.

the keyboard is not calibrated correctly. often ill type something and its pressing another key

its beyond ridiculous i have to keep a cut up business card behind my battery for the screen to click right

the sounds ( alerts etc ) randomly stop working

the phone is dead or near dead before 1 pm

it slows down to a crawl when ever its receiving data.

the phone is slow and the fade effects are horrible bandaid at trying to make it look cool and smooth

the browser is SLOW

visual voicemail constantly stops working ( now i just press check for new messages )

its pretty dumb i have to have a 3rd party screen lock application just to be able to make a call with out muting it or doing many other stupid things ( yes i hold the phone with my cheeks sometimes but guess what. im not going to hold it lightly and have it fall and drop and break )

and theres more but i dont care anymore.. i was hoping a software update would make the phone work better but its more than apparent Verizon is going to put them out nice and slow and simply reject peoples claims to get a replacement phone because in fact they are all crap.

i really dont care to see anyones reply sticking up for the phone. i have 5 friends with the phone and we all have the same problems.. you are a crack addict in denial if you think this phone is ready for prime time.
    01-02-09 10:50 PM
    agreed, the device was pushed to release before it was ready, and i have experienced many of the issues you bring up here, but certainly not to the same degree.

i consider myself fairly critical of things that are advertised to work and don't, but i have to say, in my experience, the Storm is NOT as bad as you describe.
    01-02-09 10:54 PM
    No offense, but your entire post is a rant. Not sure what there is to discuss.
    01-02-09 10:55 PM
    I don't know what the problem is. My phone is perfect in every way. Absolutely no problems. Oh wait...I have a Curve!
    01-02-09 10:55 PM
    agreed, the device was pushed to release before it was ready, and i have experienced many of the issues you bring up here, but certainly not to the same degree.

i consider myself fairly critical of things that are advertised to work and don't, but i have to say, in my experience, the Storm is NOT as bad as you describe.
    its just frustrating. ive done every tweak possible and verizon doesn't care. they are like sorry you are stuck with it.. good luck...
    01-02-09 10:58 PM
    I don't know what the problem is. My phone is perfect in every way. Absolutely no problems. Oh wait...I have a Curve!
    @$$

jeez, here are 7 more characters
    01-02-09 10:59 PM
    Get Ready, but for someone with such an extensive background it is a shame you could not get your rant in the right sub-forum, therefore your entire post = FAIL.

ATTN MODERATORS: Please move this post to correct sub forum.
    No offense, but your entire post is a rant. Not sure what there is to discuss.
    do you own a storm?
    Get Ready, but for someone with such an extensive background it is a shame you could not get your rant in the right sub-forum, therefore your entire post = FAIL.

ATTN MODERATORS: Please move this post to correct sub forum.
    people dont read the subforums so until it gets moved its not really fail
    01-02-09 11:00 PM
    its just frustrating. ive done every tweak possible and verizon doesn't care. they are like sorry you are stuck with it.. good luck...
    well now, if you want to bash Verizon, let me cut in line will you.
    they have a 30 day return policy, and from what i hear, there is NO grace period, period.

if your phone is really that bad, my advise would be to take it to a store and raise **** until you either get arrested or get a new phone.
    01-02-09 11:01 PM
    This phone blows away my winmo phone so I am happy. I experience about 10% of the problems u do? Maybe I am lucky? Maybe ur not? The more shortcuts and tricks I learn the more I am happy with this device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 11:02 PM
    well now, if you want to bash Verizon, let me cut in line will you.
    they have a 30 day return policy, and from what i hear, there is NO grace period, period.

if your phone is really that bad, my advise would be to take it to a store and raise **** until you either get arrested or get a new phone.
    YA.. i wish i would of gone with my gut feeling and just returned it with in the 30 days instead of living on the fantasy that some magic update will make the device work how it is supposed to
    01-02-09 11:03 PM
    A trick that I used to speed up my phone that I read on a thread here was to remove some of the apps on my main screen. I made a new folder and moved 8 of them in there. Doing that helped my phone speed up, also I turned of the Global option and switch it to 1XEV it will speed up your internet browsing. I got all this information off a thread here.
    01-02-09 11:03 PM
    A trick that I used to speed up my phone that I read on a thread here was to remove some of the apps on my main screen. I made a new folder and moved 8 of them in there. Doing that helped my phone speed up, also I turned of the Global option and switch it to 1XEV it will speed up your internet browsing. I got all this information off a thread here.
    yup did all that already..
    01-02-09 11:04 PM
    This phone blows away my winmo phone so I am happy. I experience about 10% of the problems u do? Maybe I am lucky? Maybe ur not? The more shortcuts and tricks I learn the more I am happy with this device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah I'm in the same boat as you, I don't suffer from half the things people talk about in these forums.
    01-02-09 11:04 PM
    do you own a storm?
    yep, I do.
    01-02-09 11:05 PM
    knew this was going to be a hot topic...... I agree..... just a rant
    01-02-09 11:05 PM
    oh ya this happens randomly too.. nothing in this pic is photoshopped

01-02-09 11:06 PM
    yes, i too have learned a few good tips here, such as these.
    however, i'm with the OP, using a biz card to do anything but maybe clean lint out of the screen gutter or my teeth is totally unacceptable.
    01-02-09 11:07 PM
    oh ya this happens randomly too.. nothing in this pic is photoshopped
    dude, stop! i just blew milk out my nose.
    sorry, that post made me laugh.

i would make a stink at a store. at the very least get a different phone if they won't replace your storm. you can't live with that.
    01-02-09 11:10 PM
    OP, i hear you. The phone definitely has problems. At the same time, it's clearly evident that RIM has an army of programmers constantly working on updating this because if this fails, everyone knows how much shame they'll be put through. To see that they are pumping out the software updates shows they're aware of the problems (coming from Palm where a firmware update comes every 2 years, i see a difference in where their priorities lie). Give it time and I have a good feeling it won't dissapoint.
    01-02-09 11:12 PM
    i have a background in electronics and have owned blackberries, iphone ( 1st gen ) many many windows devices and i love blackberries the most. i had the 8830 and then the 8330.. i got the Storm when it came out and know how blackberries work and how they should perform. with that said

here is an example of the problems ive had and opinions and statements about the phone.

im on my 2nd replacement and i wish i would of just returned the phone and went back to my curve on sprint before the 30 day period was up.

the accelerometer doesn't know what its doing. my phone is constantly stuck in a side view mode when its perfectly up straight.

My Storm has a very sensitive accelerometer, but it always switches back if I hold it in the right position.

it turns off randomly.

I had many random reboots prior to .83/.85, but I'm running .85 after a full wipe and I have yet to have one.

the keyboard is not calibrated correctly. often ill type something and its pressing another key

This seems like it's user error. Even on ****ty .65, this never happened.

its beyond ridiculous i have to keep a cut up business card behind my battery for the screen to click right

Either use the screw trick or get a replacement. I agree that the click should have worked right on your first device, as its the selling point of this device, but what are you going to do?

the sounds ( alerts etc ) randomly stop working

Never had this problem.

the phone is dead or near dead before 1 pm

My battery life is quite good on .85

it slows down to a crawl when ever its receiving data.

I can usually tell right when I'm about to receive a text or e-mail, but that's not that big of a deal.

the phone is slow and the fade effects are horrible bandaid at trying to make it look cool and smooth

The phone is much improved on .83 and .85. The speed can still be improved, but I'm happy with the progress.

the browser is SLOW

My browser is alright. I use it for quick references and facebook and really have no problems. Usually the first page loads slow, but then it quickens after that. I use Opera for anything big.

visual voicemail constantly stops working ( now i just press check for new messages )

Not sure what the point of this is. Waste of time, waste of money. Delete it and save your application memory.

its pretty dumb i have to have a 3rd party screen lock application just to be able to make a call with out muting it or doing many other stupid things ( yes i hold the phone with my cheeks sometimes but guess what. im not going to hold it lightly and have it fall and drop and break )

I guess it's the way I hold the phone, but I've never had this problem.

and theres more but i dont care anymore.. i was hoping a software update would make the phone work better but its more than apparent Verizon is going to put them out nice and slow and simply reject peoples claims to get a replacement phone because in fact they are all crap.

Download some leaks.

i really dont care to see anyones reply sticking up for the phone. i have 5 friends with the phone and we all have the same problems.. you are a crack addict in denial if you think this phone is ready for prime time.

Well, I guess your five friends beat out everyone who loves their Storm here at crackberry. The storm isn't perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as you claim.
    Ten characters.
    01-02-09 11:17 PM
    here is my discussion... The phone has sucked since launch, and nothing but a complete hardware recall will fix it.

Glad I went back to my iPhone. RIM has really gone down a few pegs with this release. Good thing their target audience would buy anything from them and swear by them religiously.
    01-02-09 11:17 PM
    Ten characters.
    i fully wiped my phone and i am on .85 sooo

and hold the phone with no hands.. the screen will click down and do lots of random things
    01-02-09 11:19 PM
    Ever hear the rock song that contains the words ..."He's the kind of guy that goes to start a Maserati and puts his key in the wrong little hole ?" 60's female hardrock singer...

When a computer gets loaded with apps (some of which are not designed to work on it) and memory starts getting short, bizarro symptoms appear from every angle. Read the last two days of blogs and get your Application Free Memory Space above 25 Mb.
    01-02-09 11:21 PM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD