I think I can speak for all Verizon customers at this point. Some of us still suffer from .75 blues and have not upgraded a leak for various reasons.

The Plan..... Cut, Copy and Paste the following e-mail to Verizon Customer service and FLOOD them with our concerns....

Dear Verizon...

I am a verizon subsciber and I currently own the storm. I patiently waited for the launch of the device and was very happy once I received it! I understand their will be glitches with any new OS/phone/technology and it really did not matter b/c I love the storm.

I can't put into words how upset I am that you have not released any new OS updates since.75. There are so many 'leaks' out there that work SO MUCH better and I have held out for obvious reasons. There are also many official releases from Bell, Vodaphone etc.
    My point is, I talked so highly of this phone and you simply have not done your part in releasing, demanding, accepting etc upgrades. The phone has too many glitches and as a business owner and author, I point the blame directly at you.

You may not care, but I promise you, your reputation has been damaged and I am not the only one who feels this way! Many people plan on switching over to the another device or dare I say to the Iphone and I soon may be on that boat...

You release nothing as far as keeping your LOYAL customers in the loop and I never thought I would be at the point of composing this e-mail and contemplating a switch... Shame on you!

Please send this message to your superior and let me know what your immediate plan is...

Sincerely,

A very angry customer

So here it is guys.....Lets get to work...
    05-20-09 11:42 AM
    This should be moved to the verizon section of the forums or even the storm section. Mods a little help?
    05-20-09 11:46 AM
    I already did this in Verizon's online review of the Storm section of my account. I eneded up bailing for the iPhone last Friday and I am a very happy man! So long Verizon!
    05-20-09 11:48 AM
    Don't think I would bail on a Blackberry.....
    05-20-09 11:52 AM
    Verizon has benefitted from the Storm if anything, it didn't hurt them. If the rumors turn out to be true about Verizon carrying the Iphone, they will dominate as a carrier...
    05-20-09 11:55 AM
    Of course they benefitted from the Storm, as they would any BlackBerry device.....

A. They will not be geting the I-Phone and that has nothing to do with them "sucking" as a carrier

B. To say this isn't hurting them is ludicrous.
    05-20-09 12:01 PM
    The only people it's hurting, is the people who bought the Storm, Verizon made a killing off of it....
    05-20-09 12:02 PM
    Please send this message to your superior and let me know what your immediate plan is...

Sincerely,

A very angry customer
    "I forwarded your message to my supervisor as you directed. His immediate plan was to throw it in trash and he followed through with that plan. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 05-20-09 at 12:13 PM.
    05-20-09 12:11 PM
    SD is right. Verizon could care less about the people upset and angry over their Storms. The only people its hurting is you the owner.

Verizon is a corporate giant and they have your $$$. Complaining via email is useless. They will read it and MAYBE send you a standard reply and carry on about their business. The sooner you realize this the better you will be.

The ONLY thing they understand is $$$. The loudest message you could have all sent was to turn the device in before the 30 days was up.

You made a choice and now you will have to live with it not Verizon.

Verizon is enjoying your hard earned money right now : )

Speak with your pocketbook not words.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 12:40 PM
    You under estimate the power of voice. If you do not have verizon, then nobody in here needs or wants your opinion. Ask Chrysler and Yahoo and the now 219,00 Businesses that are going under due to mismanagement.

They will hear you and if they choose to "throw" it in the trash then they choose to throw it in the trash.....
    05-20-09 12:57 PM
    Wrong John, the ONLY thing they care about is their bottom line and as long as people like you keep buying bad product they will continue to sell it to you.

Not sure what you don't understand about that.

Maybe you are onto something though and I'm just ignorant.

With that said write some angry emails to the Oil companies for us. I want lower gas prices.

Keep consuming that fuel but write those emails. We should see prices drop in no time.

05-20-09 01:40 PM
    Maybe we should get with RIM as dis satisfied customers of VZW and their inability to support our phones. Maybe they would have some pull
    05-20-09 01:50 PM
    You under estimate the power of voice. If you do not have verizon, then nobody in here needs or wants your opinion. Ask Chrysler and Yahoo and the now 219,00 Businesses that are going under due to mismanagement.

They will hear you and if they choose to "throw" it in the trash then they choose to throw it in the trash.....
    I hear you about the power of voice. But at the same time, I agree with CK because all of those businesses are not going out of business because of angry emails or letters. They are going out because they don't have any money. Somewhere along the line, people stopped buying their products and they didn't adjust in time. Of course we know about the mismanagement in a lot of the firms, but most of the scandals, with the banks especially are all about money. The best way to hurt a business is to stop buying it's product. I'm sure VZW has felt the heat from the Storm and is pushing on RIM to get somethings done. But as long as people keep buying from them, AT&T and whoever, it doesn't matter because they got your money and you're locked into a contract. They don't care if you complain, they care if you leave. So if you're not going to leave (or at least threaten them) they will do next to nothing.
    05-20-09 01:55 PM
    The thing that none of you seem to get is that I love the storm, I don't want anything else, and it was not a waste of $99.

You are probably the same people who just complain and DO NOTHING!

The problem is on Verizons lack of support and concern. They can easily fix this and upgrade an OS, but people like you won't do anything about it so they, de facto, don't care. If you think Verizon would sit back in this economy with a flood of e-mails and complaints and returns and upset customer service reps and po'd store owners, then YES, you are ignorant....

The reason people STOP buying certain products is b/c of threads and emails and issues such as this. And in turn, when people stop buying their products, they go out of business. Ockhams Razor!
    05-20-09 02:56 PM
    The thing that none of you seem to get is that I love the storm, I don't want anything else, and it was not a waste of $99.

You are probably the same people who just complain and DO NOTHING!

The problem is on Verizons lack of support and concern. They can easily fix this and upgrade an OS, but people like you won't do anything about it so they, de facto, don't care. If you think Verizon would sit back in this economy with a flood of e-mails and complaints and returns and upset customer service reps and po'd store owners, then YES, you are ignorant....

The reason people STOP buying certain products is b/c of threads and emails and issues such as this. And in turn, when people stop buying their products, they go out of business. Ockhams Razor!
    Yes, blame the consumer for VZW lack of support. The responsibility is everyone elses. Would you need to understand is this is probably the first device that RIM has come out with, that has issues on this large of a scale. So people who have purchased RIM products in the past and new users are not use to have to contact the CEO for multi-billion dollar organizations AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. And then you sit here and say people need to vocally complain to be heard, but you still love your Storm. It's people like you that really don't make sense. "Let's protest every verizon kiosk and drive to Canada and outside RIM's headquarters, but oh wait, I love my Storm".

I'm sure VZW gets the point by all of the replacements they are sending out and the people constantly calling because of technical issues. Do you think they are not working on an update? It was reported last week that the latest release submitted by RIM was rejected by VZW because it didn't meet their standards. It was also reported today that they are now testing another OS version. So I'm not sure how "easily" you think it can be fix. Must not be that easy if they keep rejected RIM's updates.

Everyone that stops buying a products doesn't stop because of a freakin emails and threads. They stop because of the problems they had with the company and/or products. I didn't stop buying RCA products years ago because a bunch of people got together. I stopped because I had 2 stereos and a tv crap out on me well ahead of their supposed lifespan. If anyone really wants to make a statement, you take the phone back and ask for something else.

Lastly, instead of starting another thread about this nonsense, how about you just hop into the other 500 threads about filing a class action lawsuit or flooding VZW with emails regarding the Storm. Wouldn't be easier to get with those people then to start another thread that is useless? You could private message each one of them and you all can set the plans and put stuff in motion and get it poppin.

This should get you started

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/st...rim-vz-231774/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/cr...upport-228740/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/if...umbers-226690/
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-20-09 at 03:35 PM.
    05-20-09 03:10 PM
    Its only nonsense if you do nothing..... As far as how easy it is......Call Vodaphone or Bell...... As far as making "since".....I think I don't make "since", since I don't know what making "since" means.....

A simple cut and paste is easy and to the point and takes up no time...
    05-20-09 03:22 PM
    John, if it doesn't make dollars, then it doesn't make cents...
    05-20-09 03:24 PM
    "Nothing ventured, Nothing gained..."
    05-20-09 03:29 PM
    You can complain all you want, you had 30 days to take it back, you kept it, your problem. No one is to blame but you, not Verizon or RIM, it's time to man up...
    05-20-09 03:30 PM
    Its only nonsense if you do nothing..... As far as how easy it is......Call Vodaphone or Bell...... As far as making "since".....I think I don't make "since", since I don't know what making "since" means.....

A simple cut and paste is easy and to the point and takes up no time...
    Did you ever think that maybe Vodaphone or Bell don't have the same requirements as VZW? I'm not giving VZW a pass but just because those carriers released a new OS doesn't mean it's easy. Different networks have different requirements and testing. As far as I know, other carriers outside the US often release updates before US carriers and VZW is almost always last. So this is nothing new.
    05-20-09 03:37 PM
    You can complain all you want, you had 30 days to take it back, you kept it, your problem. No one is to blame but you, not Verizon or RIM, it's time to man up...
    So John, maybe you are right.... it's the consumers fault. You didn't take it back.... that was your time to take action .
    05-20-09 03:40 PM
    John, if it doesn't make dollars, then it doesn't make cents...
    ohhh snap. Nice one : )

That's good. I have to remember that one. Wait I think I found my new sig.

05-20-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD