• **** Yea

98 92.45%
  • No way hate it!!!

8 7.55%
04-17-10 04:47 PM
36 12
tools
    anyone...................?
    Just bought mine today and just noticed that my led window is scuffed also. Is everyone else's clear?
    11-11-09 06:26 AM
    Yup mines scuffed as well and the LED isnt all that bright...also i find that if i have a call coming in the LED doesnt blink any faster than normal unless im missing something here

And also if i dont pick up the call etc the LED blinks red once then goes back to the normal green coverage indicator which means i dont know if i have a missed call or something until i actually look at the phoe ie take it out of the pouch.

I'll buy berrybuzz at some point to alleviate the led problem but i was under the impression that the red led blinks until you actually look at what you have missed ie call, text, email etc etc.
    11-11-09 08:29 AM
    I have noticed on my S2 as well that the red LED will flash when there is a message or call that came in I missed. However, my LED seems to time out after awhile. Even if I haven't checked for messages the LED will quit flashing on its own. This is my first BB so maybe that is how it's suppose to work? I wished it kept flashing until I checked. Sometimes I'm away from my phone for quite awhile. Otherwise I'm liking the phone.
    11-11-09 08:37 AM
    I have noticed on my S2 as well that the red LED will flash when there is a message or call that came in I missed. However, my LED seems to time out after awhile. Even if I haven't checked for messages the LED will quit flashing on its own. This is my first BB so maybe that is how it's suppose to work? I wished it kept flashing until I checked. Sometimes I'm away from my phone for quite awhile. Otherwise I'm liking the phone.
    With my Bold it was a standard 15mins before the LED would stop blinking and as far as im aware thats the case with all BB's...although buying a 3rd party app like berrybuzz gives you the option to set it to flash longer but the standard BB default is 15 mins.

And i find on my S2 that the missed call indicator stops after about 2 or 3 flashes of red.
    11-11-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks Spawn12 for the information. I appreciate it. That answered my question.
    11-11-09 11:21 AM
    my led is dim also..I downloaded berry buzz and i think my led is brighter and I like being able to set my colors for different things
    11-11-09 06:51 PM
    Just bought mine today and just noticed that my led window is scuffed also. Is everyone else's clear?
    are u sure you aren't seeing droplets of dried plastic cement on the inside of the window? that's what 3 of the Storm's we've had here seem to showing in the LED window.
    11-11-09 06:53 PM
    Wow, I've had my Storm for about a week now and haven't really noticed much with the LED. It does seem slightly dimmer and it also has a more opaque screen than the storm 1 but I didn't notice much until I read this forum. I wouldn't take the phone back over it tho. That's probably a bit excessive.
    11-11-09 07:10 PM
    I got my S2 yesterday and went back to the store to try 3 other S2, They all got dim light. Damn it! The LED on my 9700 is bright to the point I can use it as a mini flash light. Is RIM going to do anything about this bull ****..
    04-17-10 11:25 AM
    hmm, i seem to have that problem too with the LED. But if you guys are saying that they're sensors, every time i test it out it doesnt work like its suppose to. when i put my face to the phone and pretend to talk and purposely press the screen with my face it lights up and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it lights up when i move it from my face which is good. Sometimes when it on my face the screen stays lit. They shouldve spread out the sensors along the top part. Have the LED light at the usual spot, and have the prox and light sensor on the left.
    You need to be in a call for the proximity sensor to turn the screen off. It won't do it on any other screen. Not even just the dialpad screen. You need to be actively engaged in a call. I personally am not bothered at all by the brightness or dimness...berrybuzz on bright colors is plenty for me to tell what alert is what in any amount of light...everybody in here knows if the window was bigger everybody would complain it looked ugly...either way RIM cannot win here...

My personal opinion, the light isn't directly facing the person because it is WAY too bright to be viewed straight on. It faces the right of the phone because this is the side users turn ”up” 99% of the time when typing in landscape. This way the bright LED wouldn't be reflecting off of surfaces in dark areas and distract the user...pay attention next time you use landscape, bet you turn your phone to the left, making the LED's brighter side face up, as I did for this entire message.

Genius by RIM IMHO...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 04:39 PM
    The window isn't ”scuffed”... It's opaque so the the LED doesn't blind users. Probably helps with the light sensor accurately responding to the room brightness as well. Its not scuffed, scratched, glued, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 04:47 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD