Sometimes I notice that my LED doesn't work. Even though I have turned on the LED option it is off. Especially if I have it turn on in the morning automatically? has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions:?

Another problem is with the auto back light. When i have that option turned on and in portrait mode it tend to dim randomly. Any help?
    12-08-08 10:52 AM
    I had the same problem right out of the box. All I had to do was pull the battery and restart the phone. I made sure my settings were right and everything just started working.
    12-08-08 10:54 AM
    This was puzzling me too until I found my Bold was in Bedside mode (open up the Clock app and press menu to check).
    12-08-08 12:19 PM
    I've noticed the dimmer has a light sensor. In brighter rooms the screen brightens up, and when you move to a dark area the screen dims. So sometimes when holding and the light is just right it can dim/brighten. I have no idea where the sensor is though.
    12-08-08 12:21 PM
    Sometimes I notice that my LED doesn't work. Even though I have turned on the LED option it is off. Especially if I have it turn on in the morning automatically? has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions:?

Another problem is with the auto back light. When i have that option turned on and in portrait mode it tend to dim randomly. Any help?
    Make sure that all the individual programs/apps that you have the LED associated with have the LED option turned to on. When I upgraded my OS, I could not figure out for the life of me why the Red LED would go on for texts but not for Facebook alerts. Then i figured out that somehow the defaults got reset and I had to manually redo them with each program. Not sure if this is your problem, but it may be.
    12-08-08 12:25 PM
    My dimmer has been weird, it always turns off, in CLOCK mode, and now it works perfectly, weird??
    12-08-08 12:33 PM
    Speaking of random auto dim....
    When in bedside mode, I notice my Storm clock light sometimes getting brighter for a few seconds, then fading back to low. This cycle repeats sometimes 2 - 3 times a minute. I'm not sure what to make of it. Any ideas?
    12-16-08 06:28 AM
    My back light fades to low but does not go black. When I first got it it would go black. Any ideas
    12-22-08 01:42 AM
    My back light fades to low but does not go black. When I first got it it would go black. Any ideas
    I have the same problem it drives me nuts..i sleep in a dark bedroom and the phone won't dim!
    12-31-08 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD