HI Everyone, Just upgraded to .86 and notice that my LED light is blinking blue, blue, red. The blue is because of my bluetooth earpiece but can't figure out what the red is for. I don't have any messages or anything pending that I know of. This wasn't happening in .85. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    01-12-09 09:08 AM
    I'm having same kinda problem....I shut off my bluetooth headset and it still blinks blue....

It started with me looking for a hidden message to stop the red blinking, but now it's blinking blue and red for no reason!
    01-12-09 09:46 AM
    I'm having same kinda problem....I shut off my bluetooth headset and it still blinks blue....

It started with me looking for a hidden message to stop the red blinking, but now it's blinking blue and red for no reason!
    what OS version are you on?
    01-12-09 09:50 AM
    i just did the upgrade to .86
    01-12-09 09:50 AM
    do you have weatherbug? You could have a weather alert from that....that's happened to me before.
    01-12-09 09:53 AM
    No, no weatherbug....but why would bluetooth light be lit with no bluetooth??

I'm wondering if its because I have a 9500 and not 9530?

I pulled the battery, hoping it would clear...no luck. Red indicator is the one that bothers me as it says I have a message when I cannot find one.
    01-12-09 09:55 AM
    I don't have weatherbug installed either. mendurpc, is yours blinking a purplish color too? Mine seems to do that on occasion. And Yes, the red does bother me the most too.
    01-12-09 09:57 AM
    I think that purple color you're seeing is the red/blue simulaneously.
    01-12-09 09:57 AM
    In fact, I just disabled my bluetooth function, and it still blinks blue...just not as often...so I believe this red and blue blinking is some kind of bug in the .86 release.
    01-12-09 10:06 AM
    I don't have weatherbug installed either. mendurpc, is yours blinking a purplish color too? Mine seems to do that on occasion. And Yes, the red does bother me the most too.
    I noticed that this morning after the .86 upgrade. For a second or two I thought to myself I had a purple LED until I noticed the blue/red blink.

I do have Weatherbug installed, and there were no advisories/warnings and BT enabled.
    01-12-09 10:27 AM
    I had a problem with the red led flashing. I did a battery pull, deleted some mail and it stopped.
    01-12-09 10:51 AM
    How bout TwitterBerry? That tends to continue to blink for a little while after you have read tweets.
    01-12-09 10:58 AM
    Same here....read some posts in the 86 discussion thread....after 2 battery pulls, my leds are back to normal.
    01-12-09 10:58 AM
    red and blue? oh no its the blackberry police coming after you for installing a leaked OS! lol jk. haven't experienced the problem..
    01-12-09 11:11 AM
    I'm having the issue with the red LED. Did a couple of battery pulls with no luck. You're right, probably a bug in .86. oh, I don't have twitter install either.
    01-12-09 12:24 PM
    It blinks red when you have a new message. If you wish to shut it off - goto the spounds profile and shut off LED notification
    01-12-09 02:18 PM
    Not just in .86

I've been having this problem in .85 as well, just started about a week ago and seems to be effected mostly with visual voice mail but has happened at other times as well. Usually a battery pull will get rid of it but this time the battery pull did not clear it and it's persistent. I've checked every folder, every app I have that could give me an alert and there is nothing new or unread. Very annoying bug :/
    01-12-09 02:22 PM
    I've never had this problem with .85, just started happening with .86. Thinking about doing a wipe and then install. Anyone do a wipe first and then install having this problem? Wondering if its because I installed over .85.
    01-12-09 02:33 PM
    I've never had this problem with .85, just started happening with .86. Thinking about doing a wipe and then install. Anyone do a wipe first and then install having this problem? Wondering if its because I installed over .85.
    Nope. I did a full wipe and install from .85. Never saw the problem in .85 and am now having the same problem in .86. Didn't start happening until after a bluetooth call, but have also tried battery pull and no luck making it go away.
    01-12-09 06:06 PM
    A series of reboots (probably 4-5 while I was trying to get another app to work) seems to have fixed mine (for now).....
    01-12-09 06:54 PM
    the same thing has been happening to me more often now--some unknown notification that i cannot seem to trackdown. i usually just go through every application and usually find it hiding in twitterberry or weatherbug to make it stop. all the unknown blinking really does for me is get my hopes up i have something going on that i am missing out on haha
    01-12-09 07:32 PM
    I did a battery pull to fix mine but then I used my bluetooth and it came back. I'm more worried about the battery life with the LED blinking all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:25 PM
    definitely a bug in .86... along with the never dimming screen. A Battery Pull fixed it for me.
    01-12-09 08:27 PM
    Nope. I did a full wipe and install from .85. Never saw the problem in .85 and am now having the same problem in .86. Didn't start happening until after a bluetooth call, but have also tried battery pull and no luck making it go away.

Thanks. I'm not going to do a wipe then. Just did 5 reboots in a row, and mine is still blinking blue and red no matter what. Bluetooth or no bluetooth. Going to try and disable the LED.
    01-12-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD