Well guys I'm leaving blackberry for now. My new Droid X should be here soon and I can't wait to get it in my hands. This is not one of those bash the blackberry and jump ship to a "better phone" threads. I am just one who always likes to have the "latest and greatest." My S1 and now my S2 have been awesome to me and it's been fun coming around on crackberry (just about every freaking day since I joined, I'm an addict ). I'll continue to cruise by and lend a helping hand whenever I can. For now, it's time to move on to a different platform. Hopefully it is as awesome as it appears to be.

Take care,

Mike
    07-05-10 09:12 PM
    Good Luck...hopefully the Storm3 will bring you back to the BB "flock!"
    07-05-10 09:48 PM
    I am just one who always likes to have the "latest and greatest." My S1 and now my S2 have been awesome to me.

For now, it's time to move on to a different platform. Hopefully it is as awesome as it appears to be.

Take care,

Mike
    This is the era of smart phone race. Very soon we will see dual processor and quad also in phone. wahahah. If you find the X can't satisfy your needs and desire. Feel free to return to bb!!!

Wish you good luck!!!
    07-05-10 11:46 PM
    There's nothing wrong with that at all. Its good to branch out and try the "other" devices. Make sure to stop back by and give your opinion on your new Droid. Its way too many new smart phones out there not to try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 12:04 AM
    For some a phone is one of the few devices with which there is a very intimate connection. This concept of trying out another is to me like telling your spouse "I'm not sure you are the one for me, I'm going to try out another for a while to see if like that one better."

If you can't accept the flaws with your current phone, go and don't come back.

07-06-10 05:54 AM
    For some a phone is one of the few devices with which there is a very intimate connection. This concept of trying out another is to me like telling your spouse "I'm not sure you are the one for me, I'm going to try out another for a while to see if like that one better."

If you can't accept the flaws with your current phone, go and don't come back.

Lol. Interesting point...but at this day and age and at the prices we are paying for smart phones, should we have to accept the flaws?!? Example...Should we have to pull the battery out of a $500 dollar phone periodically or even worse have an app created to automatically do that to keep it working properly!?!

Using your analogy...its ok for your wife to cheat on you a few times a week and leave you hanging, but every time you talk to her she promises to do better next time?!?

Lol, just having fun. Don't mean to offend.

07-06-10 06:17 AM
    Lol. Interesting point...but at this day and age and at the prices we are paying for smart phones, should we have to accept the flaws?!? Example...Should we have to pull the battery out of a $500 dollar phone periodically or even worse have an app created to automatically do that to keep it working properly!?!

Using your analogy...its ok for your wife to cheat on you a few times a week and leave you hanging, but every time you talk to her she promises to do better next time?!?

LMAO; no offense taken! A GREAT analogy!
    07-06-10 06:59 AM
    I here ya. My S2 has been the best phone I've ever owned, but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting an Incredible when my 1 year upgrade time comes around. I don't have one single complaint about my S2, but Google's interest seems to be in serving the masses by making sure the individual's needs are met, where RIM's interest is in the corporate contract world. With BES, they rule there and I think they always will.
    07-06-10 07:32 AM

Not like she's cheating on you, more like she has to rest (reset?) in order to be able to get up to speed again. Both my S2 and wife seem to have occasional memory leaks that require resets.

And don't jump on me ladies, she'll be reading this soon enough and give me a "memory leak" of my own. LOL.
    07-06-10 07:33 AM
    I will be interested on your opinion of the switch. I have been wanting to switch to a Droid but am so comfortable with using Outlook, knowing in can rely on my POP3 mail getting to me, that I am hesitant. I am thinking about a Storm 2 but am trying to wait until the end of the year to make my decision. Lets see, that is 6 months away and not sure I can wait that long.

Good luck with the switch.
    07-06-10 07:43 AM
    I will be interested on your opinion of the switch. I have been wanting to switch to a Droid but am so comfortable with using Outlook, knowing in can rely on my POP3 mail getting to me, that I am hesitant. I am thinking about a Storm 2 but am trying to wait until the end of the year to make my decision. Lets see, that is 6 months away and not sure I can wait that long.

Good luck with the switch.
    I was locked in to Outlook for 10 - 15 years. Made the switch to gmail and Google Sync about 2 months ago. It's been the best technological decision I've made in many years. I just forward my POP emails to it and get it just as fast as I always did.
    07-06-10 07:48 AM
    Android is definitely winning over a lot 'private' BB users. Those that have the corporate relationship with RIM have no choice but to continue using the tested and truly reliable BB Enterprise.

I have been using HTC EVO 4G for the past 2 weeks and I must admit that the Android OS and the form factor of the device is getting closer to replacing the need for a laptop in the living room. As it has been beaten down in several reviews, its shortfall is battery life. (Not as bad as people make it out to be. With a heavy usage over the weekend it lasted over 8 hours; this included constant music streaming, calls, messaging, chats, web browsing. The phone was doing something constantly for that length of time. With moderate/average usage it lasts through the day. Of course my usage was sans 4G.) Can't wait to get Android 2.2 on it! Here is a review of what to expect.
    Ars reviews Android 2.2 on the Nexus One

Please RIM, make us all happy and release Storm 3 with all the goodness that have been floating around. Doing something to top the rest like that new input mechanism? First Details of Upcoming BlackBerry Storm 3 Leaked)
    07-06-10 08:12 AM
    Not like she's cheating on you, more like she has to rest (reset?) in order to be able to get up to speed again. Both my S2 and wife seem to have occasional memory leaks that require resets.

And don't jump on me ladies, she'll be reading this soon enough and give me a "memory leak" of my own. LOL.
    Rotflmao@memory leak...that's funny right there! I don't care who you are.

07-06-10 08:16 AM
    I was locked in to Outlook for 10 - 15 years. Made the switch to gmail and Google Sync about 2 months ago. It's been the best technological decision I've made in many years. I just forward my POP emails to it and get it just as fast as I always did.
    Yes...I second that. I was an early adopter of Gmail and I must say it has gone through a lot of transformation and gets better everyday. They way Google integrates their core services is simply better than anyone else. From Gmail, to Google Voice, Calendar, News, Photos, it all works!
    07-06-10 08:16 AM
    Thank you for sharing that. I know I am "stuck" in my comfort zone and need to get with the times and move on to gmail. I don't want to be left behind in the dark ages so to speak. But my hesitation comes from a verizon rep in the store. When I inquired about making the switch to a Droid I was told forwarding of POP3 via google was unreliable and often slow. That would be a huge problem for me. I was told that about a month ago.

I have since researched Droid sites and find mixed reviews. Some have issues some don't. I am finding about a 60-40 ratio of bad to good reveiws of the reliability of gmail. Sorting out true problems from user lack of know how is challenging.

I was also told by Verizon that about 6 more Droids will be released by the end of the year so I am trying to wait for the phone that best suits my needs. Hopefully by then I will have run into more like you who have successfuly made the transition from Outlook.
    07-06-10 09:21 AM
    Thank you for sharing that. I know I am "stuck" in my comfort zone and need to get with the times and move on to gmail. I don't want to be left behind in the dark ages so to speak. But my hesitation comes from a verizon rep in the store. When I inquired about making the switch to a Droid I was told forwarding of POP3 via google was unreliable and often slow. That would be a huge problem for me. I was told that about a month ago.

I was also told by Verizon that about 6 more Droids will be released by the end of the year so I am trying to wait for the phone that best suits my needs. Hopefully by then I will have run into more like you who have successfuly made the transition from Outlook.
    While that may be true, I prefer syncing OTA with GMail with the ability to log in to ANY computer with a browser and have all my mails, contacts, and calendar to interact with and modify as opposed to using Outlook.
    07-06-10 09:33 AM
    While that may be true, I prefer syncing OTA with GMail with the ability to log in to ANY computer with a browser and have all my mails, contacts, and calendar to interact with and modify as opposed to using Outlook.

I don't need Outlook, I need my POP3 email account. So, can I forward all my POP3 emails to gmail so those can be sent to my phone?
    07-06-10 09:36 PM

I don't need Outlook, I need my POP3 email account. So, can I forward all my POP3 emails to gmail so those can be sent to my phone?
    The short answer is yes. You can forward up to 5 POP3 accounts to any GMail account. Just expect some delays in the delivery of your mails.
    07-06-10 10:21 PM
    Well guys I'm leaving blackberry for now. My new Droid X should be here soon and I can't wait to get it in my hands. This is not one of those bash the blackberry and jump ship to a "better phone" threads. I am just one who always likes to have the "latest and greatest." My S1 and now my S2 have been awesome to me and it's been fun coming around on crackberry (just about every freaking day since I joined, I'm an addict ). I'll continue to cruise by and lend a helping hand whenever I can. For now, it's time to move on to a different platform. Hopefully it is as awesome as it appears to be.

Take care,

Mike
    What are you doing with your S2? I would like it!

07-06-10 10:36 PM
    my email is gmail and I have no issues with it on my BB I don't know why the rep would deter you from using gmail on your BB but then again......I saw a rep try putting an elderly man into a DROID and he just wanted a basic phone. He walked out. Need to service the customer what they want, not what they think he/she needs Asking what they want and service them properly. I hate that. like trying to sell someone a 5 speed without knowing how to drive it STUPID
    07-06-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD