Is storm and other devices receiving leaks just to have something to play with because OS 6 will not work on these devices? This is just my thoughts.. it just feels like it because the leaks have not been stable at all..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 01:43 PM
    Leaks are only stable with hybrids

05-16-10 02:22 PM

Incorrect. .591 is pretty stable all by itself with a few bugs taken into account, but stable overall nonetheless. Remember tha a leak is nothing more then a release that a carrier hasn't stamped official yet. .328 was a leak before it went official from VZW (of which it didn't change at all once it was stamped official... i.e. was still just as buggy as the leak was). Fact is, a lot of leaks became official releases and some have been good and some have been bad. Heck, even carriers such as AT&T have gone as far as releasing "Hybrid" builds where the PL (Platform or OS) never changed, but the App revision changed for phones such as the Bold 9000.
    05-16-10 03:26 PM

wow you have been completely lead down the wrong path
    05-16-10 03:33 PM
    Lmao sorry guys I wasn't thinking when I posted that =(

05-16-10 04:34 PM

When I read that I thought to myself... He must be kidding around... I almost imagined the deadpan look on your face as you were typing it and that alone almost made me laugh.

But as Civic said, the OSes are stable. They suffer from bugs, but they are stable.

05-17-10 02:44 AM
    I think I posted that because usually when leaks drop, I use a hybrid on top of it.

05-17-10 10:04 AM
    Is storm and other devices receiving leaks just to have something to play with because OS 6 will not work on these devices? This is just my thoughts.. it just feels like it because the leaks have not been stable at all..

I think leaks for all but the STORMS have been pretty constant.

As for "stable"... Most are "stable" meaning they work... but I have yet to see RIM release an OS for the STORM that was bug free. Sometime those leaks (or even official releases) break major things, like the camera does not function correctly, or the browser may disappear... some times they are just minor annoyances like constant dimming (which might have been on purpose to improve battery life, but sucked for watching a movie).

I do wish we saw more update from VERIZON and/or RIM for the STORM these day... but I will admit that I don't miss upgrading my OS every month like I did a year ago, and always hoping that this was going to be the one to release the full potential of the STORM....
    05-18-10 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD