It's been awhile since i've run .113; what were the glaring bugs that prevented it from becoming official? As I remember, .113 was a good build.
    See my sticky stread in the OS forum. Every leaked OS so far has had them.
    05-14-09 11:14 PM
    no, but "patch tuesday" is MY holiday, they named it after me...i've been "patches" since like 3rd grade, which was a damn long time ago now.
    You should install the Windows 7 RC on your PC, and then you could have answered this "yes" *LOL* How in the world did you end up with the name Patches? Horrible haircut?
    05-14-09 11:14 PM
    See my sticky stread in the OS forum. Every leaked OS so far has had them.
    OMG, how the h3ll did you find all of those bugs? *LOL*

Some of those would be so unnoticable. I'm CONSTANTLY messing with my phone and don't notice those things. I notice things like the audio problem in media player after an alert comes in..... I DEFINITELY noticed the lock bug in .141... And today I got a multicolored lock up where every pixel was a different color for about 5 minutes, and then the phone rebooted itself. (.132) - I do wish I could have used the lock-up screen as a wallpaper though, it looked like static on a color TV.
    05-14-09 11:20 PM
    OMG, how the h3ll did you find all of those bugs? *LOL*

Some of those would be so unnoticable. I'm CONSTANTLY messing with my phone and don't notice those things. I notice things like the audio problem in media player after an alert comes in..... I DEFINITELY noticed the lock bug in .141... And today I got a multicolored lock up where every pixel was a different color for about 5 minutes, and then the phone rebooted itself. (.132) - I do wish I could have used the lock-up screen as a wallpaper though, it looked like static on a color TV.
    I have "special" skills.
    05-14-09 11:25 PM
    You should install the Windows 7 RC on your PC, and then you could have answered this "yes" *LOL* How in the world did you end up with the name Patches? Horrible haircut?
    thou shal know the rath of thine patches!!!!

jk, i've been "patch" since 3rd grade, and "patches" became a bit of a handle, etc...it just stuck.

and growing up i always had either a buzz cut, 3 guard all around or a zero fade, high and tight! so i doubt that the haircut played into the name at all....maybe back hair patches, but that was after the fact
    now that i'm 1337 i've been known to rock a mohawk and grizzly adams beard in the corporate enviornment. it totally works with a nice shirt, tie and slacks too. uber-suprising!
    05-14-09 11:26 PM
    05-14-09 11:49 PM
    i'm gonna be "patches" for halloween. or the most pimped out zombie you've ever met.
    05-14-09 11:51 PM
    I think you need a new signature... "If you can dodge a Storm, you can dodge a dodgeball." - Patches152
    05-14-09 11:55 PM
    I think you need a new signature... "If you can dodge a Storm, you can dodge a dodgeball." - Patches152
    ummmm....
    that's all you civic....
    05-14-09 11:57 PM
    Bah, no sense of humor tonight.... I think you're not drinking enough tonight.
    05-14-09 11:59 PM
    thirsty thursday fail
    05-15-09 12:02 AM
    I think FIVE OH FRIDAY is more catchy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 07:56 AM
    I think FIVE OH FRIDAY is more catchy

hehehe I'm down wit dat!
    05-15-09 08:08 AM
    i'll share 5.5 with you guys when i get it
    05-15-09 10:37 AM
    i'll share 5.5 with you guys when i get it
    ill be sure to catch up with ya in 2011 for that chief

05-15-09 10:45 AM
    c'mon valace...you're being silly.

be realistic.

i'll time travel and bring it back to the now to share
    05-15-09 10:50 AM
    No need to delete my post PK, I was only having a laugh
    05-15-09 11:27 AM
    i'm gonna be "patches" for halloween. or the most pimped out zombie you've ever met.
    you need to get us a leak patches...we are depending on ya son.
    05-15-09 01:36 PM
    you need to get us a leak patches...we are depending on ya son.
    OFF TOPIC!!!!

reported to a mod to have this post deleted...

*pfft*, JK. i'm ALWAYS off topic. i can't stay on one topic. i'm a living stream of consciousness...and you can't tame a stream.

btw, i don't have some super secret hack into the storm OS database, i just steal stuff through corporate security loopholes and such
    05-15-09 01:42 PM
    Verizon/RIM really shouldnt take so long to make the Storm right...in a few weeks all eyes will be on other phones/carriers and the Storm will be old news.

Storm 2 you say...I dunno but I think people are going to have a bad taste in their mouth from this situation. Really now, the Storm has been out over 6 months. It runs fairly well with the leaks but it is still more buggy than my curve was on 4.5.

I hope a nice mature 5.0 leak comes out, makes us all happy and adds Flick Scrolling

Hey, I thought the 2nd Thursday of every month was Leak Thursday... right?

It's kinda like Patch Tuesday is for MS... is it not?

So, with the discussion of the big bugs that VZW is now aware of, what version do you guys think they might see in testing next? Or better yet, is there a 4.7.0.xxx version that fixes "certain" bugs which might be in testing now... or do you think those bugs have been overlooked for so long that even 4.7.0.220 had them in it?

Please discuss intelligently...
    05-15-09 08:58 PM
    Verizon/RIM really shouldnt take so long to make the Storm right...in a few weeks all eyes will be on other phones/carriers and the Storm will be old news.

Storm 2 you say...I dunno but I think people are going to have a bad taste in their mouth from this situation. Really now, the Storm has been out over 6 months. It runs fairly well with the leaks but it is still more buggy than my curve was on 4.5.

I hope a nice mature 5.0 leak comes out, makes us all happy and adds Flick Scrolling
    i don't really have any good suggestions on how to get it to go faster except....just go faster. nobody knows what lab/network testing involves, and friendly user testing is usually a week or so long. the issue is that the builds getting to VZW aren't passing testing. that combined with the lengthy and detailed testing that they DO go through causes the end result of 6 month wait...this could have been over a long time ago...

the other alternative is to blame VZW for releasing the device when they did, but then we'd all be without a storm STILL!!!
    05-15-09 09:07 PM
    Ok, unless network testing for VZW involves loading an OS on the device and giving it to the Verizon Guy to walk across country asking if they can hear him, it shouldn't take this fracking long. Give me a break!

05-15-09 10:53 PM
    I blame RIM. If they could get Verizon a good build the poor BES folks would be enjoying their phones like the rest of us.

05-16-09 05:58 AM
    Ok, unless network testing for VZW involves loading an OS on the device and giving it to the Verizon Guy to walk across country asking if they can hear him, it shouldn't take this fracking long. Give me a break!

ok i'm srsly right now, guys...

network testing is testing in a controlled enviornment as well as real world implications, but they're not testing the "network", they're checking for any adverse effects the device could cause, taking too much bandwidth, creating interference for other devices, etc...
    [/srsly]

but the "real test guys" have this van full of devices and measuring tools for signal and stuff and drive around while the phones are active and they're "talking" to the network...we always speculated about what the recordings or signal actually were...i suspect a series of tones, similar to "close encounter of the 3rd kind"...
    05-16-09 02:41 PM
    i don't think that the complete testing process, from hand-off to VZW until the end of the final stages of testing, feedback and release, could take any more than a month...
    05-16-09 02:44 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD