Hey, I thought the 2nd Thursday of every month was Leak Thursday... right?

It's kinda like Patch Tuesday is for MS... is it not?

So, with the discussion of the big bugs that VZW is now aware of, what version do you guys think they might see in testing next? Or better yet, is there a 4.7.0.xxx version that fixes "certain" bugs which might be in testing now... or do you think those bugs have been overlooked for so long that even 4.7.0.220 had them in it?

Please discuss intelligently...
    05-14-09 05:47 PM

So, with the discussion of the big bugs that VZW is now aware of, what version do you guys think they might see in testing next? Or better yet, is there a 4.7.0.xxx version that fixes "certain" bugs which might be in testing now... or do you think those bugs have been overlooked for so long that even 4.7.0.220 had them in it?

Personally, I think maybe the same amount of bugs, if not then less will arise in future builds. If VZW decides they want another build that fixes previous bugs new bugs can come up just from code or something. Hopefully the next build that will be in testing will pass with little to no bugs...I have my fingers crossed.
    05-14-09 05:52 PM
    I could be way off here but it seems to me that the leaks appear once a particular version hits a certain level of testing with a carrier...the more people testing, the better chance of something leaking out. VZW has had .116 now for a couple of weeks...prolly not long enuf to hope for some 5.0 love. I wonder what 4.7 builds they have that might be further along in testing.
    05-14-09 05:58 PM
    .116? Maybe I'm slow at math, but why would .116 leak if we already had .141. Personally, I don't want to go backwards here... I can guarantee you that .116 has the same bugs that .141 has in it.... the ones I'm refering to anyway.
    05-14-09 06:05 PM
    .116? Maybe I'm slow at math, but why would .116 leak if we already had .141. Personally, I don't want to go backwards here... I can guarantee you that .116 has the same bugs that .141 has in it.... the ones I'm refering to anyway.
    I'm guessing they were referring to 5.0.0.116.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:08 PM
    Yep. Sorry, didn't clarify that.....CX said in another thread that VZW had .116 on 5.0 ...not 4.7 - my bad
    05-14-09 06:11 PM
    Me personally, I'd like to see what 4.7.0.220 has to show. I don't think 5.0.0.116 is close to that 4.7 version was up to. Since they were developing both at the same time, I believe the early 5.0.0.1xx versions are closer to the .130's in the 4.7 builds... or so some people have said. Either way, I would think if it made it to VZW network testing, it can't be too sucky of a 5.0 release. My main concern about a 5.0 release right now is whether or not it's still young enough to have missing functions. As long as that's not the case, I'm all for it. We know the sub-50s or so releases in any OS so far has been "feature missing".
    05-14-09 06:19 PM
    I am glad that they are working hard on releasing these new builds. It will be interesting to see the new builds... anyone up for flick scrolling or watching your blackberry storm drive your car for you?
    05-14-09 06:22 PM

this is the part that worries me
    05-14-09 06:31 PM
    One team worked on 4.7 (bugs) one team worked on 5.0 (features). Since the 4.7 team stopped, maybe they've fixed all the problems? Maybe vzw is waiting to release 5.0 when its perfect along with all the other bbs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:34 PM
    Me personally, I'd like to see what 4.7.0.220 has to show. I don't think 5.0.0.116 is close to that 4.7 version was up to. Since they were developing both at the same time, I believe the early 5.0.0.1xx versions are closer to the .130's in the 4.7 builds... or so some people have said. Either way, I would think if it made it to VZW network testing, it can't be too sucky of a 5.0 release. My main concern about a 5.0 release right now is whether or not it's still young enough to have missing functions. As long as that's not the case, I'm all for it. We know the sub-50s or so releases in any OS so far has been "feature missing".
    But if I'm not mistaken I don't think they have yet...Oh well.

And I agree with you 110% on rather seeing 4.7.0.220 than 5.0.0.116. Just because it's a BIG thing doesn't mean there isn't bug. Especially in the early builds I don't think they had a lot of time to work out all the bugs, like they would have in the late 4.7 builds. No matter what someone says I personally think a .2XX build will be a lot better than a 5.0 builds releases first.
    05-14-09 06:36 PM
    5.0.125 is the most current build i hear. id like see .175 or higher.
    05-14-09 07:38 PM

And its better, IMO, then the last 4.7 build
    05-14-09 07:43 PM

And its better, IMO, then the last 4.7 build
    what exactly is better?
    cmon radio give us the 411
    05-14-09 08:02 PM
    im drunk...i mean game

il take 181 for $100
    05-14-09 08:49 PM
    just what i need, another holiday to take off from work

btw, getting to lab/network certification doesn't necessarily mean a lot, just means RIM said, "give it a shot, guys. see what ya find"

.113 AND .141 were sent out from RIM and made it through lab/network testing...

my recent revalations are that RIM, lab and network testing DO NOT test very in depth other than for their specific parameters, friendly user testing is way more wide spread, covering a majority if not all of the features and functions of testing. so if something doesn't get out of lab/network testing, just means it doesn't play well with the hardware/network infrastructure. things like what we're finding is meant to be in the "IRL" level of testing...
    05-14-09 08:52 PM
    just what i need, another holiday to take off from work

btw, getting to lab/network certification doesn't necessarily mean a lot, just means RIM said, "give it a shot, guys. see what ya find"

my recent revalations are that RIM, lab and network testing DO NOT test very in depth other than for their specific parameters, friendly user testing is way more wide spread, covering a majority if not all of the features and functions of testing. so if something doesn't get out of lab/network testing, just means it doesn't play well with the hardware/network infrastructure. things like what we're finding is meant to be in the "IRL" level of testing...
    you beta test for microsoft too?
    05-14-09 08:57 PM
    no, but "patch tuesday" is MY holiday, they named it after me...i've been "patches" since like 3rd grade, which was a damn long time ago now.
    05-14-09 09:02 PM
    How do you fix a memory leak?

You patch it.
    05-14-09 09:57 PM
    Yeah, well, this is "Leak" Thursday... not Patch Thursday.

BTW Radio... I just need to know one thing. Has the HTML Email and multi-menu duplicate items on selection of phone numbers, links, or email addresses been fixed in 5.0.0.126. I don't need to hear anything else about how good it is. Please, if you can at least say anything, I'd just like an answer to this question... that's all... please.
    05-14-09 09:59 PM
    Well, not exactly the "leak" I was hoping for today (i.e. Storm 2 pics), but....... A software upgrade at midnight would make for a **** of a Friday tomorrow.
    05-14-09 10:26 PM
    Yeah, well, this is "Leak" Thursday... not Patch Thursday.

BTW Radio... I just need to know one thing. Has the HTML Email and multi-menu duplicate items on selection of phone numbers, links, or email addresses been fixed in 5.0.0.126. I don't need to hear anything else about how good it is. Please, if you can at least say anything, I'd just like an answer to this question... that's all... please.

its patch day every day i'm around...keep it real!
    05-14-09 10:48 PM
    We know the sub-50s or so releases in any OS so far has been "feature missing".
    What are you referring to by "feature missing"?
    05-14-09 10:56 PM
    What are you referring to by "feature missing"?
    As in "not all the isht works on it". Ya know... like it looks the part, but it's incomplete rather then slightly buggy. Like going into Media has half the normal options missing out of it. That kind of "feature missing".
    05-14-09 10:59 PM
    It's been awhile since i've run .113; what were the glaring bugs that prevented it from becoming official? As I remember, .113 was a good build.
    05-14-09 11:13 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD