Did anyone go to the Vodafone Storm Launch Party at Movida, London last night then?
    10-31-08 04:39 AM
    nope not a waste look at all the buzz its created its all over the blogs spere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 05:42 AM
    What I am most amazed by is that VZW would use phones at a launch party that was meant to build up buzz that where obviously not performing very well! I would assume they brought the best phones they had to show off.

10-31-08 07:41 AM
    What I am most amazed by is that VZW would use phones at a launch party that was meant to build up buzz that where obviously not performing very well! I would assume they brought the best phones they had to show off.

I might think that if it was a REAL launch party. Like invites only, tons of bloggers, etc, not free, gifts ready.

I really don't think this was about the storm, I think this was to bring an eye to verizon nothing more, especially an eye from the youth who as a demographic doesn't pay much attention to verizon wireless if they are on their own.

I mean, a real launch party is always way different and more structured from what i've seen... not a FREE foo fighters concert that every bumbling teen - young adult would be dieing to get into.

EDIT: Sorry got off rambling.... So I am not surprised they didn't bring their best units in to a youth oriented gathering that isn't as much about the storm as the party itself. Not saying it's the BEST decision, but why take your crown jewel to potential utter destruction from prying eyes and hands?
    10-31-08 08:05 AM
    If you ask me, these launch parties are a big waste of time and money. Really, how much was wasted on this event and events to come?? Hey RIM and VZW, why don't you pay your OS peeps some overtime to get the OS fixed so the phone can be released?? Having these 500 person parties isn't going to get you the advertisement you need to launch this phone, especially if you are going to try and contend with the iPhone! VZW marketing needs a NEW LEADER!! We've had one commercial on TV for a month now for the Storm and it shows us nothing! Great, they had a party for 500 people in LA who all will be getting a free phone....how does this help their sales and get the nation hype for the Storm?? Sorry but these parties aren't gonna be covered by CBS, NBC, ABC or FOX. The only people who will hear and read about these parties are US, the junkies who read Blog websites like CB, BG, BBCool, etc...and we already know everything there is to know about the Storm other than how much and when!!

Get a clue so I can get a Storm!!

-NO free phones, sorry this was already informed in the front page.
    -It was a free event, for the public to attend
    -Having an event [launch party] is nothing out of the norm. A lot of companies do it, welcome to 2008.
    -The developers tweaking the storm to our liking [VZW] werent at the party, Im fairly sure they were hard at work making sure the item is as close to perfect for people like YOU
    -If we [VZW} have the money, then whatever. We have the $$$ available to do things of the sort, and Im pretty sure this little event didnt cost all that much
    -Get over it.

The storm will come out when it comes out. Its being delayed so we dont follow ATT and Apples path of releasing when people like you demand it, and then come back a week later because the OS is faulty.

And thats MY 0.02$
    10-31-08 09:07 AM
    -NO free phones, sorry this was already informed in the front page.
    -It was a free event, for the public to attend
    -Having an event [launch party] is nothing out of the norm. A lot of companies do it, welcome to 2008.
    -The developers tweaking the storm to our liking [VZW] weren't at the party, Im fairly sure they were hard at work making sure the item is as close to perfect for people like YOU
    -If we [VZW} have the money, then whatever. We have the $$$ available to do things of the sort, and Im pretty sure this little event didnt cost all that much
    -Get over it.

The storm will come out when it comes out. Its being delayed so we dont follow ATT and Apples path of releasing when people like you demand it, and then come back a week later because the OS is faulty.

And thats MY 0.02$
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure both bands played for free to help make this a "didn't cost all that much" party for teens. IMO and obviously the view of some who attended, the party was just that a party and not an introductory to the Storm. 4 phones for 500 people to see in the midst of a double headline concert. Doubt the Storm was the focus for the attendees or should I say people who saw a free party and booze! Again, no one knows about the Storm other than us BB addicts and tech geeks. You didn't read about this launch party on Yahoo's home page did you? I didn't see it on MSN either. Point is, this is a very strange approach they are using. Obviously the delay on the OS has created issues on a release...at least that's what is rumored. Again, IMO I think there could be a WAY bigger national buzz for the Storm than what we have. Don't get me wrong, I hope they blow my socks off with marketing soon. I want the Storm to be very successful for VZW and RIM, I'm a huge fan of both. But, you have to admit the marketing and info given to the "general public" has been scarce. Meanwhile Vodafone is rocking with marketing and creating a nice buzz within their market. Catch up VZW that's all I'm saying.

10-31-08 01:10 PM
    I think you underestimate the impact it has had. Over 1 million people signed up for email updates, I get 5 - 6 calls a day from people without blackberries **Talking 5400 folks here not palm users or whatever** of people that have been looking for an iphone competitor. I will say we know about it, but the public is starting to get pretty active, and i'm speaking from experience, not assuming.
    10-31-08 01:24 PM
    Could you imagine how "active" it would be if they released a new commercial that reaches tens of millions at a time?? Or send out a new email to those 1 million you speak of? That's just another 1 million wanting more info, etc...

10-31-08 02:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD