Why is there a reduced, number pad type keyboard on here? It seems kinda silly to use T9 on a blackberry doesn't it? I've only noticed it on this OS...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 05:25 PM
    so when will VZW release .419 or better? I am have been running .328 since purchased but am always looking for something better...I have looked at the other updates, but its not for my carrier and they seem to have their issues with it...any speculation?
    01-08-10 12:22 PM
    I just upgraded to 328 and now I am having problems syncing with my car (BMW). Does anyone have any ideas.

thx
    01-08-10 03:55 PM
    so when will VZW release .419 or better? I am have been running .328 since purchased but am always looking for something better...I have looked at the other updates, but its not for my carrier and they seem to have their issues with it...any speculation?
    That's anybodys guess. You can still upgrade to 419 without a problem. Although its through MTS Mobility its for the 9530 and works fine with Verizon. You can check out the thread here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...le-now-389856/
    01-08-10 04:17 PM
    i am a running the storm unlocked on tmobile? will the plug in and upgrade work for me? when i plug in to dm it asks if i want to upgrade but being that i am unlocked and on tmobile do i have to anything different?
    01-08-10 04:47 PM
    ok well i seem to have got the upgrade and i like it all except that i lost my browser and that kills me i use the broweser all the time anybody have any ideas why i lost the browser? where it may have gone? any help would be greatly appreciated my pin is 3083E574
    01-08-10 05:14 PM
    ok well i seem to have got the upgrade and i like it all except that i lost my browser and that kills me i use the broweser all the time anybody have any ideas why i lost the browser? where it may have gone? any help would be greatly appreciated my pin is 3083E574
    If you haven't already tried so.... when you are in the full application menu, press the menu button and press show all. You may have accidentally hid your browser
    01-08-10 07:04 PM
    thanks got that figured out. another question, now with the upgrade i noticed that my apn settings is emgsm.vzw3g.com but im on tmobile shouldnt i be on epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicstream.com and which is best the epc or the wap?
    01-09-10 11:52 AM
    Maybe this is a stupid question but I am running .328 on my storm 1. I hear there is a .419 released from MTS. Verizon said this is not an official OS release. Should i put this on my storm? Any idea how to go about this? It was easy to do the .328 because it showed up as an update in the desktop manager but like I said I've only been a BB owner for 7 months and not very familiar with the how to's. I'm learning but don't know it all. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. : )
    01-09-10 02:48 PM
    Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question! play nice its my first post,

I would like to upgrade to the latest firmware , I have a storm 1 on vodafone and have just upgraded to n900 so not worried about warrenty implications.

However I do use the BIS service with vodafone and im concerned that it will stop working with the new firmware update,

has anyone else done this ?

Best regards,

MB
    01-13-10 08:58 AM
    I have had the same issue as dewayne4068 (post #767) since loading OS version 5.328 when it came out. About half the time, when I power up in the morning, nothing on the screen, but I get the sounds notifying me that email has arrived. If I press the screen or the BlackBerry button, nothing happens. But if I press the green phone button, the screen comes to life. Also, whenever I power up, the Services Status will show "not connected" for BIS. If I turn all connections off, then turn them back on, all is fine. Anyone else with these glitches? Any solutions>
    01-13-10 09:45 AM
    Anyone having bluetooth issues with this update? I have a BlueAnt SuperTooth Lite which worked flawlessly. Since the update I've been having issues were it hangs after saying the name it's going to call. If I look at the Storm screen, it's on the white screen and says calling, but never does. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've done the battery pull and re-added my device, but that didn't help.
    I'm still having this issue and it's EXTREMELY annoying. My wife and I swapped our bluetooth units, so now I have a Motorola, but I'm having the same issue. It hangs when it says it's going to call. The 2nd or third time of doing this it will work. I got bluetooth so I can keep my eyes on the road, but this is ridiculous.
    01-13-10 10:30 AM
    I have a mac and have been trying to get this update to work when ever I think about it. But it will not download all of the files. It gets stuck on 2 files to download. And that is if I don't back it up. If I do the back up it never gets past the time zones.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do?
    01-13-10 07:22 PM
    I've been trying to do the upgrade. I'm on AT&T got everythign to work already but everytime i try to do the upgrade/update through DM it just gets stuck at "Connecting to Boot ROM" and it won't do anything? Only way to fix it is if I unplug my storm from the computer so it would reboot. Any help/suggestions? Thanks
    01-13-10 07:59 PM
    I just got this upgrade to take, it took me some time because I kept trying to use Desktop Manager. After some reading I just ran Apploader to install it and bam it worked. I'm on Verizon and this upgrade took with no issues. I went from 15mb of memory at startup to 21. The extra bonus is that my 15 used to leak down to 5 and so far the 21 has not moved at all. It stays a solid 21 and everything runs smooth!
    01-24-10 07:49 PM
    Anyone else have there phone freeze up on them all day ?!?!?!?!?!? I upgraded about 2 months ago and ever since my phone freezes up at least 10x a day and I am about to throw at a wall !!!!! Anyone know the reasons for this ?????
    TIA
    02-11-10 02:07 PM
    What is the platform for this version? I am running a hybrid and need to know what the platform "should" read if I had the original .328.

Thanks!
    02-12-10 12:19 AM
    Hi,

I have v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181) installed in my 9530 (3G, CDMA) phone. I am not able to update it online from blackberry website. My device is having Enterprise activation. So it says to contact the Administrator for activation. We do not upgrade the device from the Blackberry Enterprise server.
    I had also downloaded the software from other links provided here. I installed it and then run the loader.exe and tried to install, but same result. It does not allow me to upgrade.
    I also wiped the device but same results. I cannot upgrade my device.
    I get the error - "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

Can someone please guide why is this happening ? Is it possible to upgrade my device somehow ?

Thanks in advance.

Sid.
    Last edited by drivesafely; 02-13-10 at 07:29 AM.
    02-13-10 06:32 AM
    Anyone else have there phone freeze up on them all day ?!?!?!?!?!? I upgraded about 2 months ago and ever since my phone freezes up at least 10x a day and I am about to throw at a wall !!!!! Anyone know the reasons for this ?????
    TIA

I'm in the EXACT same boat as you NYfireman
    02-14-10 01:19 PM
    I have had the same issue as dewayne4068 (post #767) since loading OS version 5.328 when it came out. About half the time, when I power up in the morning, nothing on the screen, but I get the sounds notifying me that email has arrived. If I press the screen or the BlackBerry button, nothing happens. But if I press the green phone button, the screen comes to life. Anyone else with these glitches? Any solutions>
    I have the same problem on power up. I will get message notifications, but I usually have to hit my quicklaunch shortcut side button to activate the screen. every once in a while, it will boot up normally.

My voice dialing sucks since upgrading. it will hang after it prompts, "did you say call xyz", and it's waiting for a "yes". It doesn't actually show that it's waiting, it just sits there. not happy with voice dialing since the upgrade (was on beta .201), and if MA implements the mandatory voice dialing while driving, this is going to be even more of an issue.
    02-14-10 05:19 PM
    Hello all, I d/l'ed the upgrade successfully on my 9530 through BB Desktop Manager, but I'm having some trouble trying to d/l'ed to my wifes phone(9530). It gets to step 3 of 12, Download Device Software, downloading modules 301 of 356 and stays there? The software just freezes. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
    02-16-10 12:55 PM
    oy i'm downloading this now, and new to the whole self installing OS thing, will repost on how it all works out for me, thanks a lot for the upload mate =]
    02-22-10 08:31 PM
    OK guys, got a question. I have a Verizon 9530 flashed to cricket. When I first got the phone I was able to update the OS. Now I am trying to update it again as a lot of functions are no longer working. The current os is v.4.7.0.148. I downloaded the file via the link on the first page. When I try and use appLoader, it won't let me because it says "The application is not compatible with your device." I also downloaded the MTS and Bell Mobility loaders, and the MTS got the files on the appLoader, but when I went to install them it said something to the effect of "cannot install core components 5.0.0. Missing required files." Any idea what I can do? I just updated the device manager and the desktop manager to make sure they were the current version as well. Any help is appreciated

Also, when I try and load the desktop manager it says I have the update available, but that it is only available to active blackberry subscribers...even though I already have the files downloaded...
    Last edited by mgorrell1001; 02-23-10 at 08:21 PM.
    02-23-10 08:19 PM
    I am on IOS 4.7.-.148.
    Besides the memory leak, which I hate, I have not had a lot of problems.
    Can someone who has upgraded convince me it is worth it to upgrade to 5.0.0.328?
    Have the issues with the landscape keyboard and others been resolved?
    I have the 9530 on Verizon.
    Thanks
    02-27-10 03:58 PM
    Downloading 5.0.0.419 from Bell Mobility. Once done, I will try it out.
    03-07-10 03:56 PM
826 ... 3031323334
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD