Prior to installing version 5, when I connected my storm to my computer, I was presented with two additional drives. One drive represented the internal memory on the Storm, and the second drive represented those files on the memory chip. It was easy to manipulate ring tones and wallpaper files since I was able to see the internal Blackberry memory.

Since installing version 5, I'm only only able to see those files stored on the chip. Am I the only one having this problem, and if so does anyone have a solution? I'd really like to be able see both drives again.

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

John O'Boyle
    The default in 5 seems to be Auto-enable Mass Storage. If you set that back to Prompt, the 2 drives show up when you say "yes"
    11-02-09 11:46 AM
    I love the new OS but maybe I don't do as much with my Storm as all you advanced users. Might be an expectations thing with mine being lower.

Anyway, up to now I was have orientation issues with the screen locking, radom freezing, doing a BP at least twice a week to clear weird problems like half the screen going white. It was so bad I was considering paying full proce for the S2.

But man since going to 328 my berrie is rocking! Screen response is very snappy, love the scroll thing it does now, the overall loook of the application is a lot nicer, has not locked up once. So overall I must be in the minority because 328 has made me very happy.

No complaints here!
    Last edited by richcxx; 11-02-09 at 02:42 PM.
    11-02-09 12:31 PM
    Really .. ppl signed up for CB forums just to say how much they hate the upgraded OS .. 1 post .. 2 posts ... 5 posts.. wow ..

Im running it .. no issues .. just the dimming thing .. which isnt a big deal .. mucho faster ... no complaints .. maybe i should log off since I have no complaints ..

this place is like CB = Complain (about your) Berry
    If you look at the join dates...you would see you're in error. Some people just don't post a whole lot.
    11-02-09 12:40 PM
    Originally Posted by JLOB View Post
    Prior to installing version 5, when I connected my storm to my computer, I was presented with two additional drives. One drive represented the internal memory on the Storm, and the second drive represented those files on the memory chip. It was easy to manipulate ring tones and wallpaper files since I was able to see the internal Blackberry memory.

Since installing version 5, I'm only only able to see those files stored on the chip. Am I the only one having this problem, and if so does anyone have a solution? I'd really like to be able see both drives again.

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

John O'Boyle

The default in 5 seems to be Auto-enable Mass Storage. If you set that back to Prompt, the 2 drives show up when you say "yes"

Well I thought that might be the answer, but no joy! I still see only the one drive and it's the chip not the phone memory. Anyone have any other thoughts?

JLOB
    11-02-09 01:58 PM
    I actually use to like my Storm... until I upgraded. Now I hate this frigg'n thing. I wiped my phone before loading this new OS but I think that only benefited me in the memory department. Vlingo doesn't respond when I press its assigned key. Even the new Pandora is a hit or miss. Text messaging is temperamental. Either it doesn't let me open messages, or it completely screws up the order of the messages so you can't even figure out what the last one was. Another new trick is when I go into one of my folders that has 4 lines of items it ALWAYS goes to the very last row. I can't get the key sensitivity to dial it back either. So half the time pressing the menu key brings up the menu switcher. And the damn thing loves to capitalize letters because I didn't press the letter quick enough to get lower case.

Don't get me wrong, I love having a BlackBerry. But as a professional in the Quality field, it blows me away that anything this bad got out the door from a company that is famous for rejecting OS's. I may just have to figure out how to get the Droid to do what I need.
    11-02-09 06:32 PM
    I love 5.0.328 my storm is much better now. I'm not very computer illiterate but I had no problems installing new os. And my phone has no problems except for the dim thing but it don't compare to how much quicker my storm is and the new features.Thank you RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 03:34 AM
    is anyone else getting this java.uncought exception error! when they boot up

I get it don't know how to fix it?
    11-03-09 07:24 AM
    I'm upgraded to 5.0 and my battery is getting killed! It won't last half a day! When I go to sleep at night if its near full and I don't plug into the wall charger its dead in the morning WTF!

Anyone have any setting suggestions? My battery life was good on .167
    11-03-09 07:27 AM
    I REALLY dont understand how some users can have double the battery life and others worse battery life. It seems to me that the users that are having problems must be using way too many programs that run in the background or something. I can go two days of light use and not recharge my Storm.

My Memory is around 35 after boot, and way faster. I am sure in time all the 3rd party apps will release updates to fix these issues.
    11-03-09 09:01 AM
    My battery life has been terrible. I'm good for about 6 hrs then it goes completely dead
    11-03-09 11:45 AM
    My battery life is fine, but also drains sometimes alot because of the glitchy thing that happens with the screen lighting up on its own like as if someone touched it, every 10-15 mins. Today i am having one of those days... its at half battery life, and its only been like 3 and some change hours....

One night i went out on a full battery, got home at like 3am, within like 6 hours my whole battery was dead and i didnt even use the phone much, beyond a text or two!!
    11-03-09 12:50 PM
    This update is phenomenal, I no longer can even remotely see what advantages the Storm II has to the Storm I! It's truly beautiful. My only complaint: any way to make it so SHIFT+BACKSPACE does not act as the CLEAR button in the SMS field ? Thanks!
    11-03-09 02:18 PM
    I hate the treading of SMS is there a way to stop the treading
    11-03-09 08:02 PM
    I'm in the group that has seen battery life drop by 50-60%. I've gone from 1-1.5 days to 8-12 hours. Other than the sucky battery life it's a huge improvement. I'd been seriously considering chucking it and buying a Droid for full price but I like the improved functionality. If they can get me a full day of batterly life again I might just keep it.
    11-03-09 08:14 PM
    i have a question???i have an unlocked storm 9530 i go for at&t and i was updating my phone to the 5.0 software and its not updating...what should i do???
    11-03-09 08:25 PM
    I have noticed that if i talk on the phone (i know to think we might talk on our cell phones) for longer then an hour at a stretch.. my battery will die very fast.. But if i dont use the phone much.. a few 15 min calls.. then just mainly texts and web useage.. the battary will last for a day or so... To me it seems like the Phone is what is sucking the battary.. On days i have not Made calls and just used the other features of the phone.. The battery will still be half used.. If i dont touch it all..(not many of those kind of days) the battery will last for days with out a charge.
    11-04-09 02:29 PM
    I am loveing 5.0 except the threaded SMS.. just wish the enter key didnt send your SMS.... BBM5 has this feature... many of unfinished SMS have been sent becasue of that stupid enter key... i have resorted to just sending MMS.. I can type longer texts and it is still in the old style.. with 5.0 enhancements... Dimming issue blows as well... so does the Mail Icons not getting reset everytime one might pull there battery.. or have to reset becasue of loading an app... these minor problems are just that to this major step forward for this phone.. I will keep me with my Storm1 till i can upgrade a year from now... just hope they do not stop updateing OS... this better not be the last release...
    Last edited by Rig415; 11-04-09 at 02:40 PM.
    11-04-09 02:36 PM
    i love the os 5.0.0.328...works great,,but sometimes the landscape mode,,the light dims...
    11-04-09 03:00 PM
    does anyone's storm randomly reset itself like 1-2 times a day? very frustrating, and I have never had this problem until I installed .328
    11-04-09 05:35 PM
    I'm not that savvy with the fancy stuff around OS but I got the upgrade 5.0 core apps notice once and did the second install. I am getting the same message again now. I clicked on details for the 5.0 core apps in DM (upgrade screen) and ran thru the specific items under details/modules. It mentions a few modules that are not on my device but are in the available upgrade. For example: medialoader accessibility (perhaps to fix video playing?), medialoader 360x480, medialoader backgrounds, medialoader ringtones 9500 and a bunch of net rim vad resounce modules.

Guess I am pointing this out to see if the experts feel that this really is some update of value or if this is all part of the "glitch" that people are talking about.

Have the verizon storm 9530.

Thanks.
    11-04-09 06:04 PM
    i downloaded the update and now certain web sites wont load, and they used to. it will bring up the header of the site but not the site, then i click between page view and column view and it brings up part of the site then if i click on set encoding it will load page but i cant get the other forums to load. WTF? Im still pretty new to this blackberry stuff, any help?
    11-04-09 07:32 PM
    The first few days battery life sucked with even very moderate use. I was getting no more than 8-12 hours. That's with light use. Today it's looking better. I'm at 14 hours and still have battery.

The only thing still bugging me is that voice recognition for voice dial isn't as accurate. I've just about given up on it.
    11-04-09 11:30 PM
    When I try to update I get the following.

Error:
    You cannot update your software using this system as your device is currently activate on BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Professional Software. Please contact your administrator for updates. Or check for updates from your carrier service provider.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    11-04-09 11:39 PM
    OK,

Whatever was the issue, I just bypassed the website and DM with the links provided in the previous posts (thanks guys) and opened the file. After that, it was smooth sailing. Nice new OS just don't forget to back up your Messenger contacts or your friends will rag on you for PIN questing them again.

I love this website!
    11-05-09 12:44 AM
    The only thing still bugging me is that voice recognition for voice dial isn't as accurate. I've just about given up on it.[/QUOTE]

Now there seems to be a way to train the voice dialing app.
    Did you try that?
    11-05-09 05:04 AM
826 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD