Yet another reason I'm not replacing my phone with another BB when the contract is up in January. Release a valid os or don't release anything at all. Leaked Oses are so lame.
    This isn't a leak, it's an official for Inland Cellular. Not that it really makes a difference, Storm2 OS' suck out loud. Storm2 is the weak link in the BB lineup.

I replaced my S2 with a Bold and it's amazing how much better the experience is. If I get another touch device it'll be Android based, unless a CDMA version of Torch is released. Torch has a real touchscreen.
    10-21-10 11:21 AM
    well, this is the first time I had any of the problems talked about.
    Not the media one, that is still OK.
    The openGL bug just hit me. None of the games will work now.

Is there a way to get it to work?

One thing to mention is that this time the install didn't go so smoothly. I messed up a step and had to do all the restore and app install manually afterward.

I hope that going backwards will fix it too.
    10-21-10 11:29 AM
    well, this is the first time I had any of the problems talked about.
    Not the media one, that is still OK.
    The openGL bug just hit me. None of the games will work now.

Is there a way to get it to work?

One thing to mention is that this time the install didn't go so smoothly. I messed up a step and had to do all the restore and app install manually afterward.

I hope that going backwards will fix it too.
    This is strange, I have several OpenGL games (wolfenstein, 99hole minigolf, startrek, a couple of poker games) and all of them work.

I got these from the getjar site, they're all supposed to be OpenGL.
    10-21-10 11:48 AM
    pretty sure those games are not openGL games. Try tank recon, volcano island 3d, snow rally, NFS, PBA Bowling. Those are real openGL games
    10-21-10 01:03 PM
    pretty sure those games are not openGL games. Try tank recon, volcano island 3d, snow rally, NFS, PBA Bowling. Those are real openGL games
    Matt, have you given this OS a test-drive? I loaded it up because I was bored yesterday, but my storm2 isn't activated. before i was 5 minutes activating it, again just for kicks, is this one a total POS too?
    10-21-10 01:06 PM
    Matt, have you given this OS a test-drive? I loaded it up because I was bored yesterday, but my storm2 isn't activated. before i was 5 minutes activating it, again just for kicks, is this one a total POS too?
    Night and day compared to .895, and a definite improvement over .713 with correcting the robo-voice problem. Keeping in mind I have no games installed, I have none of the problems anyone's mentioned aside from a niggling reboot loop whenever I swap batteries. Doesn't always happen and hasn't gone longer than a few minutes before booting normally, and I'm fairly certain it's because I had .895 on beforehand. If any build was isht that one was top.
    10-21-10 01:32 PM
    Night and day compared to .895, and a definite improvement over .713 with correcting the robo-voice problem. Keeping in mind I have no games installed, I have none of the problems anyone's mentioned aside from a niggling reboot loop whenever I swap batteries. Doesn't always happen and hasn't gone longer than a few minutes before booting normally, and I'm fairly certain it's because I had .895 on beforehand. If any build was isht that one was top.
    I haven't run anything since 607, which was a piece of shiites too. Rolled back after about a week of the worst battery life ever! I was thinking about test driving it for the day, but I'm BB6 spoiled. The gigantic goofy icons of OS5 in those stupid boxes grate on my nerves.

Good to hear that 983 is better than the last few releases. I lol'd last week when VZW released updates for Bold, Curve2 and Tour but not Storm2. Speaks volumes.
    10-21-10 01:41 PM
    I haven't run anything since 607, which was a piece of shiites too. Rolled back after about a week of the worst battery life ever! I was thinking about test driving it for the day, but I'm BB6 spoiled. The gigantic goofy icons of OS5 in those stupid boxes grate on my nerves.

Good to hear that 983 is better than the last few releases. I lol'd last week when VZW released updates for Bold, Curve2 and Tour but not Storm2. Speaks volumes.
    .607 and I didn't get along well either, not even with a hybrid; I put up with .713 with a few of Lyricidal's hybrids just because of the battery life I was getting. Have to agree on the icons, every time I reload and see that default theme I just shake my head and restore so I can have a theme with OS6 icons. Didn't like them at first but they grew on me. :P I just wish VZW wouldn't keep trying to toss the S2 to the wind, I'd like to get my money's worth out of it until my next NE2.
    10-21-10 01:54 PM
    .607 and I didn't get along well either, not even with a hybrid; I put up with .713 with a few of Lyricidal's hybrids just because of the battery life I was getting. Have to agree on the icons, every time I reload and see that default theme I just shake my head and restore so I can have a theme with OS6 icons. Didn't like them at first but they grew on me. :P I just wish VZW wouldn't keep trying to toss the S2 to the wind, I'd like to get my money's worth out of it until my next NE2.
    Agreed, it's amazing how quickly they scuttled S2. I see torch commercials almost non-stop in my area, and I think I saw the "Who says lightning never strikes twice" Storm2 commercial maybe 3 times between release day and March when I got mine.
    10-21-10 02:03 PM
    (update from .713)

*Has that cool little reboot progress bar
    *stays connected to 3G better (in my basement i would always lose service, now it stays at about 2 bars of 3G in most areas).
    *no robot voice......yet
    *used bbsak and now have 103mb free with 30mb of apps installed (used to be 66mb in .713 with same apps)

*at reboot it still goes fast until about 75% of the progress bar then takes its time the rest of the way
    *media player bug
    *sms texting has trouble keeping up with how fast i type, but not that bad

overall i suggest the upgrade
    10-21-10 02:34 PM
    Not sure if it's been addressed, but could someone tell me how to fix the BEDSIDE MODE issue. When I'm charging it, the screen remains unlit.

Oh...Cool...got a new BBM update today.
    10-21-10 03:06 PM
    Does .983 work well with the latest version of IHeartRadio?

My current .713 did work with IHeartRadio for a short while, then suddenly did not, and will not.
    Thanks.
    Been using iHeartradio for the last 2 days...listening now.
    It's working fine.
    10-21-10 03:07 PM
    I have tank recon and can't use it now
    Is there a fix?

Otherwise, I need to use it more to see if it is better. I came from .713 and it was fine for me.
    10-21-10 03:11 PM
    SMS is sluggish and the camera takes the worst pictures out of any OS. This OS was and big improvement besides those to things. I'm going back to a hybrid. Thus build would make a great base for a hybrid by the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 03:33 PM
    This release blows. I had it on for one day and the sound popping bug, and bedside mode bug sent me back to a hybrid.
    10-21-10 03:37 PM
    Not sure if it's been addressed, but could someone tell me how to fix the BEDSIDE MODE issue. When I'm charging it, the screen remains unlit.

Oh...Cool...got a new BBM update today.
    Here is the link for bedside mode fix.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/
    10-21-10 03:56 PM
    Go here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/

Download and install the cod with BBSAK and all is well.
    10-21-10 03:59 PM
    With regards to the rumored VZW release of this OS (mentioned earlier in this thread), how much of a difference would it make if VZW came out with their own .983 release?

Do the cod's typically change? Or is it pretty much the same?
    10-21-10 04:11 PM
    With regards to the rumored VZW release of this OS (mentioned earlier in this thread), how much of a difference would it make if VZW came out with their own .983 release?

Do the cod's typically change? Or is it pretty much the same?
    They're pretty much the same. The Bold 5.0.0.975 that VZW released last week is the same as the leaked version from the week before.
    10-21-10 04:12 PM
    Thank You Steve 3073 and Kriptikchicken.
    10-21-10 04:51 PM
    Finally used my Bluetooth since I installed - initial volume defaults at half instead of all the way down like it has starting with .607. Another win. Downside is that for whatever reason, my Bluetooth settings didn't restore from backup. Not the end of the world.
    10-21-10 05:10 PM
    I'm a newcommer to this, so pardon me, but how do you delete the service vendor info? I too am a Verizon user but want to use this update from this other vendor. Thanks in advance.
    10-21-10 05:26 PM
    I'm a newcommer to this, so pardon me, but how do you delete the service vendor info? I too am a Verizon user but want to use this update from this other vendor. Thanks in advance.
    It is in all of the tutorials on the first page. I would recommend reading through those before attempting to load a OS

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

and here if you have a 64bit pc

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml
    10-21-10 05:28 PM
    I have tank recon and can't use it now
    Is there a fix?

Otherwise, I need to use it more to see if it is better. I came from .713 and it was fine for me.
    Unfortunately the OpenGL buf is in the radio file, so the only way to fix it is to use a 713 or older OS or a hybrid based on such.

Lame, I know...

10-21-10 06:25 PM
    Unfortunately the OpenGL buf is in the radio file, so the only way to fix it is to use a 713 or older OS or a hybrid based on such.

Lame, I know...
    Wanna knows what's lame!? My next question... What exactly is OpenGL anyways? The programming code used for some programs?

10-21-10 06:37 PM
388 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD