hi im new to this forum but i wouldlike to know after you download the new os .983 for the storm 2 where does it download to. i cant find it can anyone give me step by step directions on where to find it and then to get it to the phone? thanks
    Check the first post. There are 2 very very detailed tutorials on how to do this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 12:39 PM
    Installed .983 a few hours ago. Here's what I found:

Everything seems nice and fast.
    NO robotic voice - sound quality seems fine.
    Automatically switches to Hotspot Browser when wi-fi connection is made.
    All apps running well

Flashing black bar at right edge of media player. So far not obtrusive.
    10-19-10 01:05 PM
    I get an error on cab1 file when I try to install. I've downloaded from 2 locations, RIM and megaupload.

Anyone else? I just downloaded the 895 without a problem.
    10-19-10 01:06 PM
    I don't use my media player that much so it won't annoy me. My new replacement S2 now has the robotic voice again. Just got this like two weeks ago. ugh. Once I get home, I'll upgrade.
    10-19-10 01:18 PM
    Anyone. Robotic voice?

10 hours and hasn't reared its ugly distorted head. I've had it since .713 on my old device, wasn't present on my new one that I got last Tuesday until I loaded .895, and so far so good. I'm not holding my breath though, I still have some .895 bits - thin loading bar, multiple restarts before booting. Other than that, I'm liking .983.
    10-19-10 01:36 PM
    Does all texting work? When I was on .895 texts on my phone showed they were sent but the receiver never received. Also, when texting more than 160 chars jibberish was sent. Has this been fixed?
    Texting works just fine, 160+ has been removed.
    10-19-10 01:53 PM
    Photos in Facebook now come up fast . . seems everything that uses data is coming into the Blackberry faster.
    10-19-10 01:53 PM
    Robotic voice is gone and everything seems to be working correctly there.
    No problems with the media player - everything looks correct on my device.

Bedside mode is not activating correctly (so the clock doesn't stay on when plugged in).
    Last edited by Krypto; 10-19-10 at 02:40 PM.
    10-19-10 01:58 PM
    where does it download to after you send it to the computer. i cant find it
    10-19-10 02:05 PM
    Mine works fine...
    10-19-10 02:24 PM
    where does it download to after you send it to the computer. i cant find it
    Where ever you selected. Try your Download folder.
    10-19-10 02:39 PM
    So.... Let me see if I have this straight. One year later, several thousand builds in, 983 compiled builds - more than 100 compiled builds since the last Verizon official and without adding any particular new functionality, there are new bugs in the same OS5 software. Blinking bar in media player, bedside mode will not activate Open GL ES is broken; certain modes of streaming media are broken (3gp/sdp streams inoperable).
    And people wonder why so many loyal users have become disaffected and upset with RIM. Remeber - long before software goes to a carrier it passes through several levels of RIM testing, before they will tell Inland Mobile - "ok, this is a good build to give to your customers." Seriously after compiling, they don't have a checklist of test bed items that includes open gl and media player? I've said this for the last 2 years. If you are a complete failure, suffered a head injury or are perhaps addicted to an illegal substance, take comfort that RIM wants to hire you as a software engineer!
    Last edited by 1magine; 10-19-10 at 02:46 PM.
    10-19-10 02:44 PM
    im new to this question and answer thing so please beart with me after downloading the new os .983 where did it go i cannot find it on my computer and how dio you get it to the phone.thanks for your help
    10-19-10 02:52 PM
    im new to this question and answer thing so please beart with me after downloading the new os .983 where did it go i cannot find it on my computer and how dio you get it to the phone.thanks for your help
    Best of Luck:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/th...w-pics-439709/
    10-19-10 03:01 PM
    if you cant find it, you could use windows search for 9550, for example, or search in a command window.

C:\>dir *9550* /s
    Volume Serial Number is xxxx-xxxx

Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\Blackberry\Base OS

06/21/2010 10:51 AM 119,548,016 9550AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1206_PL4.2.0.323_A5.0.0.713.e xe
    10/19/2010 03:46 PM 126,732,400 9550AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1612_PL4.2.0.427_A5.0.0.983_I nland_Cellular.exe
    2 File(s) 361,581,392 bytes
    10-19-10 03:14 PM
    If you are unsure of how to find a file you saved to the computer, i would really hope you would refrain from trying to modify the software on your phone.
    10-19-10 03:31 PM
    So.... Let me see if I have this straight. One year later, several thousand builds in, 983 compiled builds - more than 100 compiled builds since the last Verizon official and without adding any particular new functionality, there are new bugs in the same OS5 software. Blinking bar in media player, bedside mode will not activate Open GL ES is broken; certain modes of streaming media are broken (3gp/sdp streams inoperable).
    And people wonder why so many loyal users have become disaffected and upset with RIM. Remeber - long before software goes to a carrier it passes through several levels of RIM testing, before they will tell Inland Mobile - "ok, this is a good build to give to your customers." Seriously after compiling, they don't have a checklist of test bed items that includes open gl and media player? I've said this for the last 2 years. If you are a complete failure, suffered a head injury or are perhaps addicted to an illegal substance, take comfort that RIM wants to hire you as a software engineer!
    RIM has no need to test their software, they can have it done for free from crackberry users.
    10-19-10 03:36 PM
    As a heads up, I also just got word that Verizon has an update coming as well. I don't know if it's .983, but from the sounds of it, a new release should be out fairly soon.
    10-19-10 03:38 PM
    As a heads up, I also just got word that Verizon has an update coming as well. I don't know if it's .983, but from the sounds of it, a new release should be out fairly soon.
    Yea, it's called iphone OS 5.0
    10-19-10 03:49 PM
    .975 likely. Butone has to ask - to what effect?

RIM doesn't release any change logs. And consumers should ask why? What's fixed, what's broke, what's better, what's different/added/new/removed etc...

If you released this software to a partner and it had a set of new bugs from the last software release, would you release a change log? Seriously Jim - Jobbs is a huuuuge d@ckhead, but you should be embaressed at what your people are putting out there.
    10-19-10 03:58 PM
    Working great here. I haven't noticed any issues at all.
    10-19-10 04:22 PM
    Working great here. I haven't noticed any issues at all.

WOW - I love these people! - really? So in the media player - everyone else's phone has the flashing bar - - but not yours? And your games that rely on the open gl (Tank Recon3d, Need for Speed Shift 3d) work perfect on your device but all us complainers with the complaining Storms have issues. Please post a video of streaming 3gp on your device since RIM's own software engineers and technicians are stumped at how it broke and how to fix it. Or at least, tell us, where can we get one of your 'special' no issue 9550s?

Or is it that you either don't care about thoese issues or have not tested them on your device - - yet still felt compelled to come on and post.

Maybe what you meant to say was, "I don't care about any of the issues noted above and have not experienced any other bugs or issues that particularly bother me."
    10-19-10 04:32 PM
    Wooo... cranky m'lanky!
    10-19-10 04:37 PM
    Good Luck to All nothing but Reboots for me like trying to kill its self. 30 min in still hasn't stopped rebooting.
    Sounds like a crash to me. I'd try to wipe while it flashes on and start over.

10-19-10 04:39 PM
    sorry.

Maybe its not intentional - but it comes off from people so often who are not heavy users that those of us who are, are just complaining or simply exeperiencing use3r error. Further, it confuses interested people as to whether its worth the install. For BES users and people with lots of applications that require new activation keys with each reload, its not a quick and pleasant process and that's why these boards are important.

To clutter them up with - "downloading now" and "I didin't test anything at all but its definately great" is imveryho more than just confusing and annoying but shows a complete disregard for the community at large.

Again - I'm sorry for being a cranky old man.
    10-19-10 04:43 PM
388 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD