Images look like garbage! No more fit to screen or full size options in the menu?? before the images looked crappy so it would scroll faster then you can select fit to screen in the options and it would make the image look the way it was supposed to. now what? I have to rotate the image to get them to look good. It surprises me that this OS went official. More pros than cons IMO, but still.
    10-21-10 06:41 PM
    Unfortunately the OpenGL buf is in the radio file, so the only way to fix it is to use a 713 or older OS or a hybrid based on such.

Lame, I know...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't have Tank Recon but use many other OpenGL games that work fine. Perhaps it's a poorly written game rather than the OS?
    10-21-10 08:09 PM
    pretty sure those games are not openGL games. Try tank recon, volcano island 3d, snow rally, NFS, PBA Bowling. Those are real openGL games
    Well, from the getjar site, they are Java based games not specific to BB, but to all Java devices (supposedly). I know at least one stated written in OpenGL.
    10-21-10 08:12 PM
    Ok I wiped my phone and installed the leak. Everything seems ok except for one thing. I noticed that while on a call one of the "buttons" stay lit. If i have the screen with the speaker phone option showing one of the four buttons will stay blue. If i touch any of them they will light up dark blue and then stay lit just not as bright. If i press anywhere else on the screen the buttons won't do anything. I have to touch and press the actual area where the button is. This part is obviously normal. The strange thing is that when i remove my finger the area that i touched stays lit. This definitely did not happen with the other OS. Does anyone else have this problem?
    10-21-10 08:36 PM
    just tested media playing... cant reproduce. no flashing bar and keys seem to work.
    opengl... yep crashes.. unfortunately
    SMS works fine for me.

One thing i did do different than everyone else was I back leveled to bb manager 5.0.1. I dont like bb manager 6. Too heavy. I used the apploader to do the loading.

This build seems a lot faster than .713 which I was running before.
    10-21-10 09:31 PM
    this sucks. i installed the OS with the modification for bedside mode. It worked fine after the install. Now for what ever reason the clock does not show up in bedside mode any more. what changed? I just realized that bedside mode only works when i plug the phone into the computer. It does not work with the wall charger. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by petworks97; 10-21-10 at 10:13 PM.
    10-21-10 09:54 PM
    i installed it to my pc but app loader doesnt see it and dm sees it but says there was an error. never had this problem yet, any ideas?
    10-21-10 10:17 PM
    I don't have Tank Recon but use many other OpenGL games that work fine. Perhaps it's a poorly written game rather than the OS?
    Need For Speed? Bowling? Those two have also been reported as not working, and all three worked fine up until 895+. If RIM intentionally changed something (doubtful...lol), then they need to let the developers know so they can update. I don't think that's the case though; I think they goobered it.
    10-22-10 01:11 AM
    Images look like garbage! No more fit to screen or full size options in the menu?? before the images looked crappy so it would scroll faster then you can select fit to screen in the options and it would make the image look the way it was supposed to. now what? I have to rotate the image to get them to look good. It surprises me that this OS went official. More pros than cons IMO, but still.
    Images are fine, and the options are still there. Why would it surprise you that this is official? It fixes the distorted voice quite a few folks including me were experiencing since .713. Isn't that more important than pictures on a phone?

Ok I wiped my phone and installed the leak. Everything seems ok except for one thing. I noticed that while on a call one of the "buttons" stay lit. If i have the screen with the speaker phone option showing one of the four buttons will stay blue. If i touch any of them they will light up dark blue and then stay lit just not as bright. If i press anywhere else on the screen the buttons won't do anything. I have to touch and press the actual area where the button is. This part is obviously normal. The strange thing is that when i remove my finger the area that i touched stays lit. This definitely did not happen with the other OS. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Those four buttons should stay dark after starting a call and light up when you touch one. Whichever button you touch will stay lit until you either touch another one or select the option it's currently highlighting, then they'll go dark again. And FYI this is an official release, not a leak.

this sucks. i installed the OS with the modification for bedside mode. It worked fine after the install. Now for what ever reason the clock does not show up in bedside mode any more. what changed? I just realized that bedside mode only works when i plug the phone into the computer. It does not work with the wall charger. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for the help.
    Try this:
    I simply used BBSAK to remove the net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod file from the device, then loaded up the one in the fix. It's a lot easier than reloading the entire OS and just takes a few minutes. Everything is working great here.

i installed it to my pc but app loader doesnt see it and dm sees it but says there was an error. never had this problem yet, any ideas?
    If you have more than one device OS installed on your PC, uninstall the others. If you have just .983, uninstall it, restart, and install again.
    10-22-10 02:33 AM
    ill try that, thank you
    10-22-10 06:49 AM
    Try this:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krypto
    I simply used BBSAK to remove the net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod file from the device, then loaded up the one in the fix. It's a lot easier than reloading the entire OS and just takes a few minutes. Everything is working great here.

I added these files to the OS folder when installing the OS. I did not see any files that resembled these that I should have removed. Like i said bedside mode works when connected to the computer but not when charging with the wall charger. How do i use BBSAK to modify the files in the OS? I was only able to wipe the phone with BBSAK. I used DM to load the OS. Thanks for the help.
    10-22-10 07:07 AM
    I had the same contacts problem, one listed many times and if i try to delete it they all disappear. I can view them through contacts but not through call screen, only the one listed a million times shows. my volume rocker does not work period, playing videos or music I cannot change the volume. One thing I did notice, which I only saw one other person ever complain about, is that it seems now to show the *82 on incoming calls, which the last build took out. Not huge but when you like to call people back from their missed call and it does not show up with the *82 in front of the number, they get a blocked number call, to fix it you have to exit the call log and go to the contact or speed dial to call with the *82 to unblock it.
    10-22-10 07:12 AM
    So.... Let me see if I have this straight. One year later, several thousand builds in, 983 compiled builds - more than 100 compiled builds since the last Verizon official and without adding any particular new functionality, there are new bugs in the same OS5 software. Blinking bar in media player, bedside mode will not activate Open GL ES is broken; certain modes of streaming media are broken (3gp/sdp streams inoperable).
    And people wonder why so many loyal users have become disaffected and upset with RIM. Remeber - long before software goes to a carrier it passes through several levels of RIM testing, before they will tell Inland Mobile - "ok, this is a good build to give to your customers." Seriously after compiling, they don't have a checklist of test bed items that includes open gl and media player? I've said this for the last 2 years. If you are a complete failure, suffered a head injury or are perhaps addicted to an illegal substance, take comfort that RIM wants to hire you as a software engineer!
    LMFAO, couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 10-22-10 at 07:40 AM.
    10-22-10 07:23 AM
    so far all seems to be working well. I was waiting for an "official release"

MUCH STRONGER radio than .713, (which really sucked for the past 4 months sionce I installed .713)
    no video black bar problems.

have noticed a not as smooth clicking from the piezoswitches, but I can get used to it.
    the scrolling with-in cerain apps is a little delayed (particulary AP News, browser, Score Mobile)

I have following apps installed (which all seem to be working fine)
    QLaunch, AP News, Weather Bug, Worldmate, Score Mobile, BofA, Pandora, App World, Storm Level Pro, Compass, Navita Translator, Visible Vote, ASAP, YouVersion Bible, Google Maps, Google, Skuype Mobile, Audible, White Noise Lite, Quick Pull, Accuweather, RDM+, Poynt, Doodle, Mobile Backgammon, Hangman.
    10-22-10 08:25 AM
    I REPLACED the file in the JAVA folder and reloaded the OS....
    Works like a charm!
    10-22-10 10:00 AM
    Anyone notice a better looking call logging?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 11:07 AM
    I REPLACED the file in the JAVA folder and reloaded the OS....
    Works like a charm!
    what file did you replace in the java folder? thanks
    10-22-10 12:30 PM
    For those trying to fix the Bedside Mode issue, here are a set of instructions I wrote up for 8530 users experiencing the same issue. The original info for this come from the Bedside Mode Fix thread in the Hybrid board here. As a heads up, the instructions probably include a couple of extra steps that aren't required, but to reduce the risk of problems, I strongly suggest following the instructions exactly (these are the exact steps I took when I fixed my S2).

********Note: Do not do this if you are at all uncomfortable or do not want to take any chances. In that case, your best bet is to downgrade to a previous OS.

1. Download and install a program called BBSAK to your computer: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    2. Download or find a previous version of the file named: net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod. If you would like to download just the single file, this is one that I used in my Storm2 that worked (should also work for the 8530: http://www.bbtweaks.com/BlackBerry/O...Mode%20Fix.rar (note: you will need a program such as 7zip to extract the rar file and gain access to the required file).
    3. Connect your BlackBerry to your computer and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Back up your BlackBerry (this will protect your data, just in case something goes wrong).
    4. Close the Desktop Software.
    5. Open BBSAK and enter your BB password when prompted (if you do not have a password, just press Ok).
    6. Click on the "Modify CODs" tab and select the option to "Read System". This will pull up a complete list of all of the files installed on your BB. Sort them by name.
    7. Start by finding the file named: net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod. Delete it from your device. Your device will then reboot. Wait for the device to reboot before proceeding with the next step.
    8. Read the system on the BlackBerry once again and this time, click on Install COD. You will be given a menu where you can navigate to the alternate version of the net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod file. Find that file and click OK. This will load the new file version to your BB (the one included in the link I provided is version 5.0.0.979).
    9. Your phone will likely reboot once more. Once the reboot is complete, you should be all set.

Again, if you are not comfortable with this, then do not proceed.
    Last edited by Krypto; 10-22-10 at 01:12 PM.
    10-22-10 01:09 PM
    ok I getting a 9550 from bell as a replacement under spc warranty. I will get it either monday or tuesday depending on canada post. I looking at the os options cause as i am worried stock os might be bad.
    this is what i will be using it for.

internet/web browser
    email/bbm/pin/sms
    opera mini
    ubertwitter
    crunch sms(but i think this app suck too much memory i might not use it anymore.
    listening to music/taking photos/ recording videos.
    which verson of os5 will work best for what i use it for? reason why i ask is i dont wanna spend a month trying to get every os on here and testing them all just to findout that the default work right.
    10-22-10 01:30 PM
    what file did you replace in the java folder? thanks
    I believe it has the same name as the new file. A window pops up and asks you if you want to replace the file and I clicked yes. I would bet you still have the old file/cod in there.
    I just reloaded the OS instead of using the software above. I did have to download the unzip software, unzipped the new file and just dragged it to the java folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java
    It definitely works so go for it. As long as you back up first shouldn�t mess anything up.
    Good Luck
    10-22-10 02:46 PM
    I believe it has the same name as the new file. A window pops up and asks you if you want to replace the file and I clicked yes. I would bet you still have the old file/cod in there.
    I just reloaded the OS instead of using the software above. I did have to download the unzip software, unzipped the new file and just dragged it to the java folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java
    It definitely works so go for it. As long as you back up first shouldn�t mess anything up.
    Good Luck
    Thanks for the help. I actually didn't read the original post on how to do this properly. I didn't put the file in the Java folder. I removed everything from my computer and started over. I just wiped the phone and I am re-installing the OS. I am sure that will fix everything. Thanks to all for the help. CrackBerry Rocks!
    10-22-10 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the help. I actually didn't read the original post on how to do this properly. I didn't put the file in the Java folder. I removed everything from my computer and started over. I just wiped the phone and I am re-installing the OS. I am sure that will fix everything. Thanks to all for the help. CrackBerry Rocks!
    Reloading the OS will not fix the bedside mode issue as the problem is a COD within the OS. You need to swap out net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod either before you install or you can do it after with BBSAK.
    10-22-10 03:40 PM
    Reloading the OS will not fix the bedside mode issue as the problem is a COD within the OS. You need to swap out net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod either before you install or you can do it after with BBSAK.
    I did that. The first time i did it i put the file in the wrong folder. I am done with the re-load and everything seems to be working well. Thanks for the help. One thing i noticed is that I don't have a memo folder anywhere on the phone now. Is there anyway to add that without re-loading the OS again? It's not a big deal but i do use it from time to time.
    10-22-10 03:45 PM
    didja shrink it out?

you could just use BBSAK and add net_rim_bb_memo_app.cod back in
    10-22-10 03:48 PM
    didja shrink it out?

you could just use BBSAK and add net_rim_bb_memo_app.cod back in
    not to sound like a complete ***** but where would i find the file "net_rim_bb_memo_app.cod" to add in?
    10-22-10 03:53 PM
388 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD