I just have a quick question, could someone just let me know of Opera Mini works
    with this update? I haven't updated since OS
    5.0.0.517 for the reason of Opera having weird
    screen issues. And since I am getting no BB 6 love
    with webkit, opera has to do!

Thanks,
    Juatin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 08:19 AM
    I just checked OTA and DM. Where can I get the "official" version for Verizon?

EDIT:
    http://www.crackberry.com/official-o...leased-verizon
    Last edited by JimA; 11-25-10 at 08:50 AM.
    11-25-10 08:34 AM
    Here is direct link to verizon
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    11-25-10 09:02 AM
    i was trying to compare and answer that very question myself when the verizon site came up as .1015
    I don't really care what it fixes or what more it breaks.

Silly me, I'm trying this in a virtual machine.
    11-25-10 09:40 AM
    Bmm maybe I will stick to my stock os 517.. I to AM waiting for something that works better and waiting for my replacement storn9550 from Asurion. Damn bastards sent me a faulty one. I had to yell at the person yesterday and magically they had one instock lol. Well I guess I wait for the next build

11-25-10 09:56 AM
    How come no one asked the million dollar question? Is this .1015 version any different than the leaked .1015?
    11-25-10 10:02 AM
    Not sure why people get so angry about these things...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/
    because this is an OFFICIAL OS. VZW encourages you to download and install this pile of ****. You cant just install this "patch" like we do here on CB. VZW testers need to take their head out of their *** and actually do their job by now. Same for RIM, this is beyond pathetic.
    Last edited by howarmat; 11-25-10 at 12:02 PM.
    11-25-10 10:02 AM
    For the bedside mode fix, download the .rar files and put it in the java folder after you install .1015 into your computer, then update your phone.
    Or use BBSAK after you install .1015 to your phone and replace that file. Very easy fix.

Opera mini bug is still there. It has nothing to do with the OS, Opera Mini needs to update then browser for the new keyboard.

I prefer .1015 to 713, no robotic voice, snappier even now. Had the OS since leaked. Battery life is good so far. OpenGL issue is there I guess but doesn't bother me.
    11-25-10 10:04 AM
    Anyone else who went frm 713 happier with 1015?

11-25-10 10:10 AM
    I'm still running .983 w/ bedside mode fix. I basically have no problems. Is there any reason I should even consider installing this one? What does this have to offer that I am missing. BTW Happy Thanksgiving to all...
    11-25-10 11:01 AM
    what is this BedsideMode problem? it's been asked but not answered. i have .713 and haven't had problems with BedsideMode.

and what is this robotic voice people are mentioning?

my biggest gripe with .713 was whenever i selected text with multitouch, then drag one of the tabs either up or down to select more text, and then release my fingers, the screen would scroll up or down. not to mention that the tabs were sometimes jumpy. i remember the stock version (i think it was .517?) didn't do this.

does this new update fix that?
    11-25-10 11:11 AM
    Let me guess Need For Speed 3D doesn't work with this build. Anyone knows for sure

11-25-10 11:24 AM
    I've read all of the posts regarding the various "improved" OSes over the past year. My conclusion has been that there is very little reason to go beyond .428. It seems as though all the releases since then have introduced new bugs and haven't improved performance noticeably. Can someone tell me exactly what I would gain by giving up .428 (which I am still using)?

Bob
    11-25-10 11:30 AM
    Here is direct link to verizon
    BlackBerry® Software Updates

I keep trying that link but it keeps sending me to a blank white screen! Wtf. Any ideas. Its not showing up ota either. Keeps saying no upgrades available.

11-25-10 11:45 AM
    As minute as this bug is, it is by far the most annoying to me...

I've been a really die-hard blackberry user/fan, but if RIM/Verizon doesn't get their sh!t together, I'm gonna bounce on over to an Android phone. I really don't want to, but this is getting ridiculous.
    Even Android has bugs in their software. I was working on a problem on a Droid X for a client of mine with email and while using the phone I discovered a contacts bug on the latest software for it within like 2 minutes or less. Most of that time was taken up with setting up/changing email settings, the actual bug noticing happened when I was sending a couple of test emails. So, ya, even the Google goons are stupid and can't find bugs. I'm a firm believer that a lot of people out there with these kinds of jobs are either winging it or aren't really geared towards being super picky and testing everything out cold and via multiple ways of doing something. A lot of these bugs aren't noticed until you try to do the same thing but in a different manner. That's when you notice that it's not really the differnent manner that won't work, but rather the manner is there, but the end result (while trying to be the same) isn't, due to the bug.
    11-25-10 11:52 AM
    I keep trying that link but it keeps sending me to a blank white screen! Wtf. Any ideas. Its not showing up ota either. Keeps saying no upgrades available.

You need to download this via a PC! Get off your BB if that's what you're using to try this.
    11-25-10 11:54 AM
    You need to download this via a PC! Get off your BB if that's what you're using to try this.
    Oh aight. Dammit I'm at the in laws. No access to my com.

11-25-10 11:55 AM
    because this is an OFFICIAL OS. VZW encourages you to download and install this pile of ****. You cant just install this "patch" like we do here on CB. VZW testers need to take there head out of their *** and actually do their job by now. Same for RIM, this is beyond pathetic.
    Guys, I think we should all call up Verizon and complain about these bugs and request to be escalated to RIM support. Enough calls and they'll log all these issues again. I'm being serious here. We can ***** and complain on here all we want. We can post on RIM's own BB forums and report these bugs, we can contact them through different means and try to get the engineers these bugs listed, but it seems none of them give a crap.

Well, I say we take it in numbers... hit them up with tons of calls over and over again and there should be results one way or another. Power in numbers!
    11-25-10 11:58 AM
    sadly i am going to guess this might be the last OS from VZW on the device.
    11-25-10 12:03 PM
    Anyone have any idea if this version (5.0.0.1015)fixes the BB Maps on BES issue? (RIM support advised the issue was that the service book that BB Maps used for retrieving map info went to MDS browser always rather then using the default browser and that it would require a firmware upgrade to fix rather than a Maps update).

TIA
    11-25-10 01:05 PM
    Anybody come across that silly Contacts bug? The one where your contacts vanish, only to be replaced by hundreds of copies of the same contact??
    11-25-10 01:19 PM
    sadly i am going to guess this might be the last OS from VZW on the device.
    I would have to agree. Verizon is pushing Androids now. BlackBerry devices and their OS are no longer a priority.
    11-25-10 01:42 PM
    I would have to agree. Verizon is pushing Androids now. BlackBerry devices and their OS are no longer a priority.
    I wouldn't be surprised if .1015 is the end of the line for Verizon. Storm 2 has been out for a year and Verizon is probably going to eol it soon. Plus, just going by how light the posting is here when a Storm 2 OS leaks or is released seems like a lot of folks have moved on to other devices.

11-25-10 01:47 PM
    I have a fix for the flashing media bar problem if anyone is interested.

Yea, post the fix please. I use my media player every moment I get. I appreciate it.

11-25-10 02:01 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if .1015 is the end of the line for Verizon. Storm 2 has been out for a year and Verizon is probably going to eol it soon. Plus, just going by how light the posting is here when a Storm 2 OS leaks or is released seems like a lot of folks have moved on to other devices.

its already got an eol date actually. Vzw used to be good with OS support past the eol but I no longer hold my breath.
    11-25-10 02:27 PM
430 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD