After loading this my Backup Assistant, My Verizon, crunch SMS,Vlingo plus and blackberry messenger aren't working. I also get the null pointer exception error on start up. My replacement will arrive today but I'm so fed up I may leave BlackBerry behind very soon. It's not just the OS issues, it's all the crap we Storm users have been out through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not that it helps much, but I did get My Verizon working on .1015 after a few tries. I don't use any of the other apps you mention.

I'm in total agreement with you, this may be my last BB. I have until September with it though, so we'll see what RIM has in store for the next year.

12-30-10 03:18 PM
    I've never had to go back an OS and I've had the Storm2 since it came out. 1015 is the first OS that reboots like crazy on me. I'm going back a release or two and hold out until next year. Going Android in February and this POS is getting smashed.
    12-31-10 11:26 PM
    Oh, forgot to mention the issues in my rage. SMS is terrible slow and the phone runs like a @#*&$^. The worst part are the random reboots. I take my phone out to use it and it's rebooting. Probably does this about 3-5 times a day. Applications seem to work fine however and no program errors.
    01-01-11 02:14 AM
    i'm still running .713 and by the looks of this OS, I'm gonna stick to it. I already have issues with it freezing, I had to do a battery pull 3 times yesterday. I think I'm just going to wait it out and see what the new "Triton" brings to the table. Hopefully T-Mobile will snatch it up so I don't have to switch carriers or buy an unlocked BB again.
    01-02-11 01:16 PM
    Its been installed for a few days and I haven't had a problem.
    Works fast and the sound quality seems better. If it helps
    my phone is with bell canada cdma style.

01-02-11 05:42 PM
    1) I bought this phone from a local vendor in India. I wonder if I can get the updates without having to download from VZW website coz I dont have the 10 digit number. I popped in GSM SIM instead. If anyone has link of this OS to megaupload or anything, please lemme know.

2) My device currently running .983 which I found somewhere in this forum but the only prob I run into is, the data service keeps switching on and off. Is it the OS problem or the network?

3) Btw, when I connect my phone to the DM, it allows me to update via DM but so far, I can't load it on my phone and I'm more accustomed to updating OS via AppLoader. So in this case, should Wireless Update (in the Option) would be necessary?

Thx in advance and Happy New Year CBers!
    01-02-11 08:12 PM
    I upgraded from 320 to 1015 using the DM. No problems noticed after a week
    01-02-11 08:45 PM
    I hate that bed side mode is broken on this, as well how much lag there is in SMS. This will be my last Blackberry, looks like Android wins another customer because Blackberry refuses to operate like a modern day business. So frustrating. I love the first Storm, and this one has been just so so. Oh well, I am just glad there are plenty of options out there.
    01-03-11 06:00 PM
    Been running this since new years day. Was concerned to load it after readinh thiq thread but since I just got a 9550 I figured to start at the latest and work back if there are issues.

So far so good. No random reboots and memory and battery are very stable. I loaded up several apps just because I can now that I have more memory and it has been very stable. I will give it a few more days and then try a theme.

I don't use SMS really at all so that could be a big part of why is working for me.

Again, those with issues should call and ***** at VZW. That's the only way they would look at another OS, or maybe you can get yourself a free droid. LOL.

01-04-11 07:33 AM
    The factory OS on my Storm 2 was 5.0.0.320 and I just went to 5.0.0.1015 and I gotta say it's total stinky. Well, maybe not total but the Bluetooth volume is still an issue no matter what I do, so back to 320 for me until RIM finally figures out how to fix it.

Otherwise, updating with the DM is quick and the reboot on the phone is a little faster. I experienced lag but only when the USB cable was connected to the phone, otherwise there was no more lag or drag than with the previous OS.

Of all the BB that I've seen, the Storm 2 is the only one I really liked and I've not been real happy with it so far. The more OS updates that come out, the less I like it. Oh well.
    01-05-11 10:26 PM
    I am not sure what peple mean about the volume but I got a Motorola SD 9 HD headset for Xmas and connects easily and sounds great but the music ops in and out. I use it during my commute and what is odd is that sitting on the train it streams fine. However once I hit NY and start walking to the office it goes bad. Not sure of its the walking, or interference in the city or what. Very odd and frustrating.

01-06-11 06:49 AM
    My software seemed to update itself to .1015 OTA without asking permission.

My main concern (other than Java error on startup) is that I haven't been able to sync since it downloaded. Tried all the work arounds on the forums, but nothing has worked with DM6.

I have also lost all 2,500 contacts on BB with no way to get them back - makes BB somewhat useless.

Also tried Google Sync (which worked before) and no go.

Tried Companionlink 3rd party software (use it to sync GMail and Outlook and it works great - also their Notes product which works flawlessly), and it bombs too.

Set to downgrade now to .713 - hope I can figure out how, and that it works.

I really like the idea of the BB, but the reality has not lived up to my expectations (had a Curve before my Storm 2). I am very tempted to go Android - particularly as phones can be used as a WiFi hotspot - making an iPad purchase decision much easier, for example.
    01-06-11 12:27 PM
    1) I bought this phone from a local vendor in India. I wonder if I can get the updates without having to download from VZW website coz I dont have the 10 digit number. I popped in GSM SIM instead. If anyone has link of this OS to megaupload or anything, please lemme know.

2) My device currently running .983 which I found somewhere in this forum but the only prob I run into is, the data service keeps switching on and off. Is it the OS problem or the network?

3) Btw, when I connect my phone to the DM, it allows me to update via DM but so far, I can't load it on my phone and I'm more accustomed to updating OS via AppLoader. So in this case, should Wireless Update (in the Option) would be necessary?

Thx in advance and Happy New Year CBers!
    1. From what I have read, any random number can be used. Just generate your own. In other words, just type any number into the blank, like 555-555-5555.

2. Best to contact your service provider for assistance here. More likely an issue there rather than the OS.

3. Wireless update isn't necessary for updating with either DM or Apploader. Both DM and Apploder seems to update more quickly and with less issues arising.
    01-07-11 09:26 PM
    I can't seem to find a place to download a prior version. .1015 is driving me crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Update: OK... I found both 517 and 713 on Crackberry... but... trying to get thru this thread and there seems to be some debate about which to revert back to. 517 or 713?
    Last edited by Rick677; 01-11-11 at 10:39 AM.
    01-11-11 10:31 AM
    I can't seem to find a place to download a prior version. .1015 is driving me crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Link in my sig to all software for 9550

Update: OK... I found both 517 and 713 on Crackberry... but... trying to get thru this thread and there seems to be some debate about which to revert back to. 517 or 713?
    .517 is by far the most stable OS for the 9550
    Rick677 likes this.
    01-11-11 05:23 PM
    Hydroz:

Thanks for the information... however when I follow your links, it takes me to Blackberry and I get the message that there are no upgrades. I can't get back to one of the previous versions. I am with Verizon... they can't help.
    01-12-11 01:23 PM
    when I follow your links, it takes me to Blackberry and I get the message that there are no upgrades. I can't get back to one of the previous versions.
    Which OS are you trying to download? Every one of those links is valid as of 1 hour ago. Pick the OS you want, click on the link, choose your phone from the drop down menu and download

I am with Verizon... they can't help.
    They can never help. Just download what OS you want from any of those link and delete the vendor file, then load onto your phone. If you want the OFFICIAL VZW .713, that is here:

9550AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1206_PL4.2.0.323_A5.0.0.713.e xe
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 01-12-11 at 04:26 PM.
    01-12-11 04:08 PM
    I just updated and yes, the bedside mode is broken. What can we do to fix it?
    01-13-11 11:22 AM
    It "broke" on mine, too. But only on the "fast charge" from the wall wart charger, not on the slower charge from my computer. Figure that one out.
    01-13-11 07:50 PM
    By searching the forums I was able to find this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/.

It works with 1015 as well

01-15-11 02:02 AM
    By searching the forums I was able to find this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/.

It works with 1015 as well

I'm just curious. Will Verizon take the initiative and complain to rim about this POS update?
    Its so buggy and is the first update I have to downgrade back to a previous version. My compaint with 713is the battery life. This sucks!!!

01-19-11 12:21 PM
    I'm just curious. Will Verizon take the initiative and complain to rim about this POS update?
    Its so buggy and is the first update I have to downgrade back to a previous version. My compaint with 713is the battery life. This sucks!!!

Verizon tested and released this, just like they do with all the other updates. They won't do anything about it unless people complain to Verizon about it.

01-19-11 12:33 PM
    I am not sure what peple mean about the volume but I got a Motorola SD 9 HD headset for Xmas and connects easily and sounds great but the music ops in and out. I use it during my commute and what is odd is that sitting on the train it streams fine. However once I hit NY and start walking to the office it goes bad. Not sure of its the walking, or interference in the city or what. Very odd and frustrating.

Bluetooth needs items to bounce the signal off of, If you can determine where the receiver part of your headset is, put the phone as close to that as possible.

I have the motorkr which I use on my motorcycle while riding, what I do is stick my phone in the top of my backpack, so that it is close to the back of my neck, where the receiver is, works like a charm outdoors.

Bluetooth will always work better inside than outside.
    01-20-11 08:08 AM
    Any word on when the next OS will be released?
    01-25-11 02:54 PM
    Seems like every other BB is getting 6.0 except the two phones my wife and I have....including the 9550. The last two updates were a disaster - causing everything from echos while talking to crashes.
    01-25-11 08:47 PM
430 ... 1415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD