Can we please keep this on topic and can someone please update us on .86?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 04:45 PM
    If you read the other threads, its been clearly stated that discussion will ensue when someone has information/link to the download. Many threads have been closed on this already.
    01-04-09 04:46 PM
    I'm sure when, and if any updates are available we will here about them.
    01-04-09 04:46 PM
    Relax people, it will come when it comes. Will it be THAT much better anyway? Probably not.
    01-04-09 04:54 PM
    Relax people, it will come when it comes. Will it be THAT much better anyway? Probably not.
    dose it matter if its THAT much better????? the point is , its better....... and thats all i can ask for , also , who knows, the next leak might be higher then .86 ?
    01-04-09 04:56 PM
    obviously your phone doesn't turn off or constantly reboot...
    01-04-09 04:57 PM
    It is frustrating, that is for sure but beta leaks must be regarded as random events I am sorry to say.

I am reminded of an incident with the late Randolph Hearst who, upon hearing that a NASA probe had landed on Mars, wrote immediately to one of his science staff writers with an order to sent him 500 words on "Is there life on Mars?". The writer replied with the words "Nobody knows. " repeated 250 times. Regretably we find ourselves in the same situation.

To paraphrase, "They have built it, so it will come."
    01-04-09 05:03 PM
    obviously your phone doesn't turn off or constantly reboot...
    No it doesn't and I'm still running .76 as well. I haven't bothered to even update to 83 or 85 because of how many more problems it has compared to .76.
    01-04-09 05:07 PM
    which is exactly why we all want .86 so bad. we all know .85 is great except for a couple nasty bugs, so we want a chance to have the greatness of .85 without the stability flaws.

cause most, like me, need stability, and therefore have to stick with .7x series.
    01-04-09 05:13 PM
    Cray...glad to see other RC pilots on here.
    01-04-09 05:16 PM
    Their is nothing new, those who have it aren't talking so there is no point for further speculation. It will inevitably veer off topic and the mods will shut this one down, just like all the rest. So just chill and suck it up. Nothing we do or say is gonna make it come any faster.
    01-04-09 05:20 PM
    I want it just as bad as the next person but Valace2 is right........ever time we start these threads someone takes it in a different direction
    Last edited by dawilliams660; 01-04-09 at 05:29 PM.
    01-04-09 05:26 PM
    Little disappointed that this didn't leak over the weekend. Was looking forward to running it. Perhaps we'll get luckier with .87-.89. One can only hope...
    01-04-09 05:53 PM
    Actually, been there, done that, even got the Tee shirt. Man, I feel for you Stormies, I really do. There's this great phone that admitedly has a couple of hardware problems but the software, which is fixable, sucks.

Worse, you love it. Even worse, you KNOW that it is better than the Jesus Phone if only the thing worked right. Even more worse (???) there is the tanalizing promise of a new majik bullet that may (or may not) fix all/most/some/even just one of your problems.

Oh, life is a female dog, ain't it just ?

I am so sorry to tell you that the only thing to do is to sit on your hands and wait. It really is the only thing to do.

I feel for you because I have been in EXACTLY the same position when I was a NOOBY with a Pearl. Oh man! Oh Man, did I ever want that new OS soooo bad .

It was beyond my control and my reach and I could do nothing. Just like the one you want so bad, is beyond your control and reach right now.

You really do just have to wait. It could be that the new OS has a major bug that the beta testers have discovered and it will never make it out the drainpipe that normally leaks.

We all feel for you, we really do but please, please do hold on until something meaningful comes down the pike. I know it's frustrating but spinning wheels only wears out tires. It really does.

Thanks, Pete
    Last edited by Pete6; 01-04-09 at 06:46 PM.
    01-04-09 06:05 PM
    01-04-09 06:20 PM
    i am disappointed too. lol was hoping
    01-04-09 06:26 PM
    That was a real nice post, Pete6. Clearly you have your finger on our collective pulse. Thanks, that was somehow very reassuring.
    01-04-09 06:27 PM
    That was a real nice post, Pete6. Clearly you have your finger on our collective pulse. Thanks, that was somehow very reassuring.
    Thank you.

I really only have to look inside myself to understand what you are feeling. Deep down we are all pretty much the same and one has to temper the gimme, gimme, gimme feelings with the fact that this is, in fact a failrly civilized microcosm of normal society. We just have a bunch of intelligent, motivated and impatient maniacs on our hands.

Ain't it cool?
    Last edited by Pete6; 01-04-09 at 06:46 PM.
    01-04-09 06:43 PM
    Pete, thanks for being honest and open. There are many of us out here who just want our Storms to work as well as the ones in the commercials
    Where are those being sold? No I hear ya on the Pearl, I bought mine back in February and waited patiently for 4.5 to come out especially since they put out an OS upgrade for it right around the time I bought mine. Lo and behold VZW puts out 4.5 for the Pearl about a month before the Storm came out. I wasn't into the forums much before the Storm came out, but ya know what the Pearl ran fine before 4.5. Sure it added some bells and whistles but it ran fine. The Storm on the other hand is several upgrades from being fine.
    01-04-09 06:49 PM
    Pete, thanks for being honest and open. There are many of us out here who just want our Storms to work as well as the ones in the commercials
    Where are those being sold? No I hear ya on the Pearl, I bought mine back in February and waited patiently for 4.5 to come out especially since they put out an OS upgrade for it right around the time I bought mine. Lo and behold VZW puts out 4.5 for the Pearl about a month before the Storm came out. I wasn't into the forums much before the Storm came out, but ya know what the Pearl ran fine before 4.5. Sure it added some bells and whistles but it ran fine. The Storm on the other hand is several upgrades from being fine.
    Hey, I also went though that s**T on the Cirve and now I have an 8900. I have not seen one new OS for that as it came with 4.6.1.101. 3rd time around, I want it bad but it no longer burns like it used to now I know how these things get out to us and I have also learned not to be too angrily disapointed when the new OS does not do what I wanted it to when I was holding my d---. Sorry, don't go there, Pete.

I understand, I really do and so do all the old lags in here. We have all been through it and there is just no help for it. The only thing I can offer you is that it does get better over time as you become aclimatized. Well, that's what I tell myself.
    01-04-09 07:03 PM
    Um... is this a .86 thread or what? Pete, gonna close this thread bc of your own posts? lol...jk.

So, it seems 86 is fated not to release, eh? trying to remember what happened with the 85 pre release and wondering if the same is gonna happen this time. Guess its all random, eh?

Here's hoping to a higher release then!
    01-04-09 07:11 PM
    i here what you are saying Pete, people just have to be patient it will get better......i'm just thinking about when i got my first BB 7100T boy like it was yesterday the problems i had with that thing tons on battery pulls but look how far RIM has come......it gets better and we just have to hold on and wait...i know from being a Ipfoo user that this Storm can be better than that phone
    01-04-09 07:13 PM
    Pete, I am glad that some mods can just talk to us. Crucial has been to much fire and brimstone lately. Heard nothing but good things about the 8900, but hey its a Curve, everybody loves the Curve. Guess we should be kicking ourselves, we all screamed, begged, and kicked like children waiting for the Storm. VZW and Vodafone abliged, and we all get bit in the a** for being impatient.
    01-04-09 07:13 PM
    Crucial has been to much fire and brimstone lately.
    You have to admit it is good someone is taking the time to clean up the forums, lock dup threads and re-direct people to what they need. I think he has done a great job so far.
    01-04-09 07:40 PM
    You have to admit it is good someone is taking the time to clean up the forums, lock dup threads and re-direct people to what they need. I think he has done a great job so far.
    just saying that he has been pretty ornery lately.
    01-04-09 07:43 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD