Sorry if this is out there already...

I have done the .99 upgrade and just noticed that if I am texting and hold my finger over a letter for 3 or 4 seconds a larger box with that letter pops up and is clickable..

It is sporadic, but I can replicate it.

Anybody else seeing this? Maybe this is a sign that better things are coming for the keyboard?
    02-06-09 09:43 PM
    I just tested it with SureType in portrait mode. Sure enough, it works exactly as you describe. Neat.
    02-06-09 09:56 PM
    nah...if you hold down the keys it shows up with symbols or characters that derive from that letter.

with like accents over the letters etc
    02-06-09 09:59 PM
    I've never noticed that, thanks for the tip.
    02-06-09 09:59 PM
    thats always happened to me in previous OS's it doesnt really help though, like you said, it takes three or four seconds to pop up.
    02-06-09 10:26 PM
    well, "From an acorn grows a mighty....wait, what the heck grows from an acorn?

Anyway, maybe this is a sign that something is being developed similar to the iphone with the letters that pop up to.. let you know that the keyboard sucks.

Ok, just kidding..... but you know what I mean...
    02-06-09 10:30 PM
    Again like was said already, its not for typing. If you hold on certain letters, i.e. the 'e' or 'i', you'll get special letters that correspond with that one. Like the accented versions. Been there from the get go.
    02-06-09 10:44 PM
    thats always happened to me in previous OS's it doesnt really help though, like you said, it takes three or four seconds to pop up.
    change that by changing the hover period in the screen/keyboard options screen............................................ .....................................
    02-07-09 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD