OK... so I swapped the .90 radio code into my .99 install on my Storm... and low and behold, I have the large fonts from .90 back again too!

Radio seems to be working good too... weirdness.
    Seems the font files must be stored in that file also...

And it's still running .99 for sure... even has all the .99 keyboard stuff like the green go button and so forth, only with large fonts like .90... its... awesome!

Cheers!

Lee.
    02-06-09 11:17 PM
    I also just noticed that the color depth is back again too like it was in .90... when i do a search for instance in my sms inbox the colors are right now...

Awesome.

Lee.
    02-06-09 11:20 PM
    how? ............
    02-06-09 11:23 PM
    Would you be able to post a quick how-to on this? It sounds interesting and I'm looking for something to tinker around with later today.

\/\/thanks!
    Last edited by leviatus; 02-06-09 at 11:52 PM.
    02-06-09 11:36 PM
    how? ............
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...nother-151035/
    02-06-09 11:40 PM
    Hmmmm so a side effect seems to be that the camera bug from .90 is back also... that's slightly annoying.

So this would suggest that the "Radio Code" is more than just the radio code... seems to have some of the core OS functionality in there also...
    02-06-09 11:52 PM
    I don't know why Sith would call the SFI file "radio code".

That file is actually the Core OS. The other files in the Java folder is the Application set.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 12:07 AM
    I don't know why Sith would call the SFI file "radio code".

That file is actually the Core OS. The other files in the Java folder is the Application set.

Yeah... running this setup, the following is shown:

Platform: 4.0.0.114 (same as .90)
    OS Version: 4.7.0.99 (Still .99)

Interesting...
    02-07-09 12:12 AM
    Hmm my hybrid .90/99 has the smaller font but the connection does seem better, I do not drop back to 1rxxx as often.

02-07-09 01:55 AM
    I have the big font, better color, NO camera issues (I did have them with .90 installed).

Basically everything I liked about .90 without crashing every 10 minutes. At least for now, time will tell.
    02-07-09 03:09 AM
    Been on this hybrid for a day and have all the benefits of .90 along with the increased color depth and larger fonts. Radio and bluetooth work great too. It will suffice until the next leak...
    02-07-09 07:44 AM
    Why bother with this?

When .109 comes out it will be whatever it will be. Whether it is smaller/larger fonts, increased/decreased color depth (and please people, this is such a small issue here).

Seems like a lot of work for a week with the hybrid OS, then....

It's time to update again!!!
    02-07-09 07:50 AM
    Why bother with this?

When .109 comes out it will be whatever it will be. Whether it is smaller/larger fonts, increased/decreased color depth (and please people, this is such a small issue here).

Seems like a lot of work for a week with the hybrid OS, then....

It's time to update again!!!
    It's really not that much work... you just have to be careful and know what your doing...
    02-07-09 08:22 AM
    I guess I wasn't trying to say it is much work as much as you are getting yourself used to features that may or may not be present in the future.

If you really like the larger fonts, but RIM decides to never use them again, you are just delaying the inevitable and in the end, only making it harder on yourself.

However, it is really nice to know that you can build yourself a hybrid OS.
    02-07-09 08:31 AM
    I guess I wasn't trying to say it is much work as much as you are getting yourself used to features that may or may not be present in the future.

If you really like the larger fonts, but RIM decides to never use them again, you are just delaying the inevitable and in the end, only making it harder on yourself.

However, it is really nice to know that you can build yourself a hybrid OS.
    The large fonts on the keyboard look kick ***... I would hope RIM would leave them in place for future builds... it makes the phone look so much nicer... easier to type on too... its like Blam! cant miss the letter!
    02-07-09 09:04 AM
    Everything except the color issue is very minor. The first thing I noticed was the banding on the icons. I didn't notice a difference on the movies I ripped...but they aren't exactly HD quality either. I did notice a difference in some pictures I had loaded on the phone. I only noticed it on the pictures because these were full size 2-3 MB pictures.

I think the color issue is a big deal because this is a phone that is capable and absolutely should be pleasing to the eyes. For the people that can't tell a difference...you need glasses. lol. I even tried blurring my vision a little to simulate bad eyesight and I could still tell. lol. I suppose that ultimately I would accept the banding if the OS was 100% rock solid...but lets hope they get rid of it.

I also had serious issues with .90 on my phone. Lockups every time I tried to use the phone. I struggled to get it to work when I needed it to because I would have to pull the battery 5 times to get it to work once. This fix was not only easy, it got rid of the lag introduced in .99. If my phone keeps acting the way it has since last night, I wouldn't be afraid to release it as an official version. But that's just me.
    02-07-09 12:52 PM
    Does it fix the typing lag that everyones been getting with .99? Thats starting to really bother me that i cant type things as fast as i could.
    02-07-09 01:01 PM
    Does it fix the typing lag that everyones been getting with .99? Thats starting to really bother me that i cant type things as fast as i could.

It is certainly MUCH faster than .99. This was one thing I really didn't like with .99...it was as slow as .75 in most aspects. The typing speed is really close to .90...if not as fast. The transitions are almost as fast as .90 but you get the transition effects (as far as I can tell).
    02-07-09 01:07 PM
    worked awesome! much faster! Only problem i have found is that i lost my icon for my application center.. tried battery pull.. tried reinstalling with DM.. nothing.. any thoughts?
    02-07-09 07:04 PM
    try resending your service books by going to options/advancedoptions/host routing tables/ then hit the blackberry button and click register

anyways... with this hybrid i have already had one crash... if it does it again i might consider going back but gosh i love the typing speed so much. im deff at a crossroads here
    02-07-09 07:09 PM
    I see it in the applications list.. but can't find an icon anywhere.. even if i say "show all" ... tried what you suggested.. but no luck.
    02-07-09 07:20 PM
    Just did a battery pull.. and i got VSOD.. never got that with .99.
    02-07-09 07:34 PM
    I am ready to do this if it fixes the keyboard lag under one circumstance.....does anyone still get the annoying backlight not turning off thing? Thats the only reason I don't like .90
    02-07-09 07:41 PM
    i have never had the backlight not turn off so i couldnt tell you... but it deff makes the keyboard much much better.
    02-07-09 07:55 PM
    i tried this hybrid.. lost my application center and the VSOD came back.. i went back to .99 and hopefully next leak will provide stability of .99 with speed of .90. I say.. not worth it.. but u be the judge... not sure about the backlight though.
    02-07-09 07:55 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD