For the first time, I have used a picture from a digital camera as the background picture on my Storm. I didn't resize it, and everything is running ok, but I was wondering if it automatically resized it and saved the resized file somewhere to use on the background, or if it will actually look at the file in "My Pictures". If so, I can see how this would cause it to run slower.

So far so good, but I was wondering if anyone else had any negative experiences using large pictures as a background.
    03-15-09 01:49 PM
    The only negatives I've run across is running stuff from the Media card. Backgrounds and ringtones I put on the internal memory as it seems to help with loading them when they're needed. Wallpapers less critical, but I do have VisualArts (wallpaper shuffler) so that does help a bit with that.
    03-15-09 01:55 PM
    Well I figured out it does slow it down... a lot. So I made a template in ms paint to frame the picture how I wanted them, cropped them on the computer, and sent them to the internal memory.
    03-16-09 10:24 AM
    Thank you!!!
    05-29-09 02:02 PM
    A cached copy gets made when you set it anyway, but it would be optimal not to go beyond the native resolution for wallpapers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD